A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 85 86 87 270 Next
Take a look at these awesome suggestions!

11/09/2018 03:17 AMPosted by Dosperado
https://imgur.com/a/piefM

Posted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.
To be honest, best thing they could do is split of from activision, but that won't happen.

Next best thing I quess is Allen Adham going on a stream or youtube movie, stating an official apology for neglecting the voice of their fanbase for a long time. No wriggling, just admit you made a mistake, come out of your ivory tower for once and see what is happening out there.

I don't care about Diablo Immoral one way or the other, I like many loyal fans just feel scr$w*d over by blizzard.

Just a short note.
I don't blame the diablo team nor the community managers, you guys (and gals) are simply doing your jobs.
If anything I feel sympathy for you, you don't make the calls, but you do get the !@#$ shower.
Dear Blizzard Team,
I love your work since Diablo 2, sank 5000+ hours in WoW and 3000+ in D3, I know I am not even average with these amount of gameplay hours, but still I was envolved quite much.

The first time I really was disappointed was the way the auctionhouse in D3 worked, was very ok with removing it, still it remained the feeling that for the first time ever Blizzard handled gameplay mechanics less then perfect ...it‘s the first big scratch on the perfect image. This Blizzcon I was very happy to not have bought the virtual ticket, because you had from my point of view absolute nothing to show. This Blizzcon should have better been skipped, the people would have understand that better then book flights and hotels for nothing at all...and yes a mobile game is nothing nothing nothing...

Even if it’s revolutionary...but I don’t think so, it‘s not even a Blizzard game, it has your license but there are Chinese guys developing it...nothing against Chinese people, just their culture and monetarisation as well as thoughts on gameplay are so different that it’s hardly imaginable that they could catch the spirit

I don’t want to even try it ... blame me for that...but I will not

I can’t support this not even with a growing number of downloads by me, not even if its for free...

Yes you said you have several Diablo Projects in the works...
You should know to say it in Jim Raynors Words: it’s about time!

And one last concern:

If you did those gameplay mechanic errors like auctionhouse in d3 and now announce something completely off your fanbase... and seeing how many keyfigures left Blizzard...

Do you evn have the manpower, the masterminds and the right feeling for gameplay anymore that even if you release D4 one day it will be again a revolutionary game?

i doubt so...it hurts to say...but I don’t believe in your creativity anymore

We‘ll see when and how D4 will come out

Skip the D2 remaster now ...focus on your AAA Diablo

Let the old developers join again ... grap Mr Breivik and the others...they will fix this

Save our franchise

Make Diablo great again
11/09/2018 03:43 AMPosted by BagboyBrown
There's people who posted in this thread who have never posted anything on this forum in their life. If that doesn't tell Blizzard something, nothing will.

I second that.

I never bothered to post in this forum.

You know why? I was busy playing games, one of which was Diablo.
Break the radio silence Blizzard.
You already lost the right to be mysterious and exiting. Give us a clear answer, or rather confirm our fears and let's be over it.

Also I won't play this on my mobile, because I hate to game on phone, it heats up and I don't wanna bust my battery.

Seriously Blizzard - WHAT THE !@#$ WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?
Posted by Dosperado
https://imgur.com/a/piefM

All good things.

But at the end of the day, it's still too cute & cuddly to be a D2 successor.
I'm only speaking for myself here for the following:

When Blizzard does finally formulate an official response to this whole fiasco, I'm expecting it be an unsatisfactory answer overall.

I'm expecting them to play down the players' negative reactions.

I'm expecting them to struggle to explain why they think the players are angry.

I'm expecting them to peddle the "multiple projects" line repeatedly and that they will reveal new info "when the time is right".

I'm expecting level 9001 PR spin to try and justify their long term strategy that created this controversy at all.

I'm expecting them to use even more PR spin to defend Diablo Immortal.

I hope they prove me totally wrong. Regardless of what happens, this will be a critical moment for Blizzard.
11/07/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Seras
Feedback is all over the forums - there is no need to deliver more.

Oh my... So true.
11/08/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Rodrick
11/07/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Rodrick

Once again looking the wrong way Nev.

It is no longer ABOUT the franchise, or the platform or whether or not we the gamers who are upset or not. You (plural collective you not singular individual you) have had six years in which to change that particular direction. You made the choice (for good or ill) not to change the direction. You chose not to keep up the level of communication necessary to keep your fans and customers happy. When things went awry (Jay Wilson, Bashiok and now Wyatt Cheng) you stuck your fingers in your ears. That's okay. That was your choice to make. We made ours and we drifted away to other titles some of use. Kam se Kam sa

No. It is no longer the customers you will have to deal with. You have a much more urgent audience you will have to address. You see you allowed this fiasco (and it is a fiasco) to spill out into the industry (some of the industry newsies tried their level best to deflect some of the incoming ire by authoring tweets and articles that just makes most of us cringe at the blatant behind kissing and yes manning they were doing (along with blaming and insulting YOUR customers by the by) but it didn't even stop there. It flowed like a living breathing thing out to the financial and investor industry community and Barron's and IBT and The Register and Forbes all reported on it. And report on it they did. Questioning whether or not you Blizzard were able to perform in the mobile market space at all after that little tirade of Wyatt's. No you have a much much more urgent audience. And oddly enough you will have no CHOICE but to talk to them Tomorrow.

With your Forward P/E and your PEG where they are and the amount of valuation you have lost over the past two trading days when you should have been increasing (the rest of the market was up over all yesterday and Monday but you guys weren't! NASDAQ 100's Biggest Loser on Monday) 1.5 billion in debt you are liquidating. MAU's down across the board since June. Half a billion in first day sales of CoD BlackOps 4 and the Market said what have you done for me lately? Your earnings are down this quarter. You are likely not going to beat on earnings OR on revenue this quarter. And now you have D:I fiasco to explain on the earnings call tomorrow.

I truly hope I am wrong here but I can easily see you breaking through the 52 week low tomorrow or Friday. I am not sure but it my break through $40.00 a share. It is hard to watch but this is a direct lesson in what happens when you so badly lose touch with your customers.

"There's no hiding place down here.
There's no hiding place down here.
You know I went to the rock to hide my face
And the rock cried out: no hiding place.

You know the sinners gonna be running
At the knowledge of their fate.
They gonna run to the rocks in the mountains,
But their prayers will be too late.

You know they forgot about PC'ers,
Not knowing the earnings call was nigh,
But they will be running trying to find a hiding place,
When it comes their time to die.

No hiding place on the mountain,
No hiding place in the waters,
No hiding place down here, no hiding place.
I went to the rock to hide my face

You know when the wall catch on fire,
There'll be no hidden place.
When the waters starts boiling
There'll be no hiding place.

Can't you see old Tyrael running say: Wyatt, save my soul!
Saying: Wyatt, Wyatt have mercy, won't you save my soul.
Saying: Wyatt and Alan have mercy, won't you save my soul.

You know I went to the rock to hide my face
There's no hiding place down here. --apologies to the Gospel Harmonettes.

How is that share price working for you?

Stock was in free fall yesterday afternoon. Its futures say its set to open BELOW its 52 week low.

Perhaps now is time to do a reset? Maybe hitching your wagon to the same horse Activision hitched its to wasn't such a good idea after all?

The gods of the copybook headings are giving you the Hairy Eyeball Blizzard:

AS I PASS through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.

We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.

We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.

With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.

When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "The Wages of Sin is Death."

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work you die."

Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

My Opinion on Mobile Gaming & Stationary Platforms & Blizzard.

Mobile Gaming is big in the ESport scene as well, but not as big as on the stationary platforms.

Implementing the big titles on mobile gaming should be considered very well.
See the following reasons below:

- Who plays on a smartphone, even if the console / PC is available.
Most players play a lot on their smartphones, but only because they have no console / PC on site.

A smartphone + good games + ESport potential = Perfect traveling Game !!.

- In the longer term, you will have to accept losses
- Most players of Blizzard don't want a mobile game
- A wasted time and work
- One should focus on other games / projects

- You can make a lot of money in the mobile gaming sector but much more on the PC / console.
If you have too many games, then they are among themselves in the competition.
But with extensions, updates, that's a lot better than with mobile games.

- Mobile Games and Pc & Console, will probably split the community very much, does not have to be the same, but in the near future.

- A mainstay in the mobile gaming sector, is good but should not be overdone.

- According to a report, the mobile gaming sector is very strong and strong in the future. See link: https://www.go-globe.com/blog/mobile-gaming-industry/

- Mobile games are good but on stationary platforms, much better. A strong quality difference.

- ESport is also represented in the mobile sector but unbeatable on Pc & Konsole.

- Back to the old Blizzard roots. Provide the Mobile Sector on the side and not as a main goal, which seems to me so.

- An announcement from a mobile game at the biggest Blizzcon event seems a bit ridiculous. I would have announced 2 or 3 Diablo games.
If you have nothing to present, i can understand that, rather some info than nothing.

- A Diablo Immortal for Smartphones, Pc and perhaps for console would be the best. Win-Win Situation.

Diablo Immortal = financial success + minimal effort for PC / Console + customer satisfaction = longevity and good sales results !!.

- A mobile game must always be up-to-date. The market faster than in other areas. In the long run, it damages the invested assets.
I don't speak rather about several smartphones games. You can count that on one hand.

Thank you for the attention.

Tip: Listen to your fans/playerbase MORE and lesser what your stockholder or accounting-department says.

Players are buying your games. Not the stockholders or the account department..
oookaayy, so you're listening... so you say...

Well, We all know that it isn't true but I hope this backlash at blizzcon shoke you enough to realize you headed in the wrong way (for years now :/ ).

Sooo, if you're not listening at all, this message of mine doesn't matter at all, but if you're realy interesting in what your fans wants, I'll try to explain, as mush as I can, what at least I want and the way I see things.

First of all, stop with this "mobile is the future of video games" nonsense... This is editor's crap, nothing to do with the interest of players, at least most of us I guess. Mobile is not and will never be the future of video games. This is probably a good way to get money from a license, I don't doubt that but these are mostly terribly bad games or disguisded randsomware In my oppinion...
Sure, you could argue there is better games than that on that plateform and give me a large list of them to confront me with my misjugment, but I wouldn't be more interested about these games than before in the end.
Adding to this that I just can't see the half of a mobile's screen with both of my thumb on it, and you should understand why I can't be happy about such a project than your diablo immortals.
That said, I'm not totaly against mobile games. I might even try your diablo mobile some day but... it wouldn't be a real video game to me, just a gadget I don't realy need nor that I realy want. Just a way to forget that I'm bored when I'me away from my home and my computer and that I have nothing else to do...

In my memories, Bllizard is supposed to be a company with more ambitions than that regarding the place they want their games to have in the heart of their fans.

Now, what could an old fan like me desire for such a license than Diablo ? You should be able to guess it yourselves but...
Well, a real diablo game (not made by some strange chinese company but by you blizzard). I don't realy care if the game is a prequel or a sequel as long as the game is good and the story interesting, but I want it on a real gaming platform !
Ho and something I realy realy miss since long : a real talent tree please ! x)
https://imgur.com/a/0m6VczZ
/signing for D2 Remaster
Stocks alone prove that mobile gaming is the wrong direction.
I'd like to start by saying: Please, dont pay too much attention to the haters, you are doing a great job and you were really clear saying "we have multiple projects in work, some are going to take longer than others" is just that some people can handle some type of situations, but there are a lot of users like me that understand that more content is being developed right now, so we will just have to wait!! thanks for your great work! keep doing what you do best and love: making great games and content!

It would be awesome to have some teaser of this new content before this year ends, if possible, I'm sure that would settle some furious users out there.

What I'm expecting:
- D3 new character (Druid :)) (hopefully not the last new character for D3!)
- D3 new expansion!! (there is still more history ingame to be told)
- D4 maybe a little too soon for this one...but in the near future would be awesome!
- D3 should have a "cosmetics (that have no effect at all besides cosmetics ingame) store, that we can use real money to buy those for the game. That would get more fun a fresh air to the game and more money to you guys.

Thanks for this opportunity.

Keep being awesome guys! and thank you!
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D02qKHfPtNdo&ved=2ahUKEwjY2pmwscfeAhVQxxoKHf4zDJgQtwIwAHoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1kBDiuVVlXTrA6z8rKg8Zl
11/09/2018 05:07 AMPosted by KENSEI
I'd like to start by saying: Please, dont pay too much attention to the haters, you are doing a great job and you were really clear saying "we have multiple projects in work, some are going to take longer than others"

What are they doing a great job at? How long has it been since diablo has received a content update? And for the projects... Why does that matter? Those projects could be a cartoon for all we know.

It would be awesome to have some teaser of this new content before this year ends, if possible, I'm sure that would settle some furious users out there.

This is why we are so upset, it took them how long to announce something for diablo and it was just a mobile game that is just filler content.

They need to be open with this community because right now the only thing we know for certain is they are only worried about a mobile game and not their core audience.
11/07/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Holyknight
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Thanks Brandy <3

Your downvote is monsterkill.

actually you've got tons of feedback.
The wish to get the druid as a class = feedback
renew the season stuff = feedback
new act = feedback
new expansion pack with many ideas, were already given by the community = feedback

I hope you've learned your lession... but in fact you already got the tools (feedback) maybe you should come now with results.

PS: I'm not a native speaker forgive my mistakes, but in the german forum we are ignored. At least they write something to you.

Thanks
I'd like to start by saying: Please, dont pay too much attention to the haters, you are doing a great job

Yep they do! Dropping Stock in one Week back to the value 12 month ago IS A GREAT JOB AND WE ALL ARE JUST HATERS.

Man I am having fun right now. Once it hits 45 I will also drop my stocks.
Well... i see everyone is posting everything here so i will ad something too.

These are my wishes for a New Diablo Game.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iMbfDHBi_GywZTnX9fXLBzIihYA1B5kKRn2ptn1C4Xg/edit?usp=sharing

Will you hear them too?