A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 98 99 100 270 Next
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

Took you that long to post this? Too few too late. What you hope is that your stock value grow up again. Market say you are disconnected from fanbase so you attempt to show them that you changed before going back to not giving a damn. Like an abusive husband.

You bother pretending to hear us because every eyes are on you right now. Your stock will continue to devalue util you prove the market you can listen to gamer, since THEY are the ones throwing you billions and billions of dollard. Maybe that's why we are entitled? EA can do whatever they want, I don't buy their games. I buy yours because from the begining of Blizzard, they were always high quality games. I didn't cared about paying 80$ in 1998 for D2 or later same amount for an extension, not even a full game because I knew I would play they them for a long time. Yours aren't symbole of quality anymore. Yes they are "good", but not good enough to keep most players who paid for them playing for more than a couple weeks or month. Their purpose is to be a plateform to sell stuff that take 1-2 days to make for way too much money, getting millions for 1k expense. We aren't dumb. We understand a business is there for the money. But what you doing to selling water at the end of a marathon. This is cheap and disgusting. We were patient and you abused it without considering what it would cost you.

Prove us you're not lying again and show us what you have on hand. I don't care if D4 will change over time, prove that you were really working on something. Because right now you convinced me that you're ready to use the dirtiest moves to rip off some penny from a kid. Your vague hype was litterally Bait'N Switch. The fact that you refuse to say anything beside "multiple Diablo projects" tell me that you're just trying to play safe so that when you'll announce there will be no D4 next years, you'll be able to say "we never said D4 was in project".

Til then I'll do what trolls and others people that don't understand th issue say. Not play Immortal. In fact, I'm moving on. What sadden me is the employees are the ones that gonna pay for it. Not the gamers, Not Activision but Blizzard employees. If anything Activision will lay off employees while giving themself huge bonus.
11/09/2018 03:51 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
11/09/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Grandpa
3. 8 player games with offline play

As far as the number of players in any future Diablo game it would depend on what makes sense for the game. A game like this would cause all kinds of lag due to all of the eye candy in graphics. If you are saying that you don't want good graphics where the skills feel like they actually would hurt what they are hitting then okay the best you would have then would be a Wizard that would launch fireball. He would just wave his hand and the monsters would catch fire and die. No other visuals and you might be able to get 8 players.

As far as offline play that is not likely with the success that this game has with online only.

There's actually a solution for the lag due to visual effects that they've used in WoW already. In WoW the effects you see coming from other player's abilities are substantially muted on your system so that all you see, really, is the info relevant to you (ex. are of effect for healing spells, circles for damaging spells so you can target the same area, etc.). I would imagine they could implement the same tech in a newly developed Diablo game to enable more than four people for multiplayer. As long as your character looks awesome to you that's all that really matters at the end of the day, right?
I am fairly sure that even after going through 1900+ posts full of rage the report will say “There was a muted response from the forum”
11/09/2018 05:01 PMPosted by GMAioria
I am willing to pay for micro transactions on a remaster of diablo 2 until diablo 4 is ready. THAT'S how desperate I am

You're making this worst! This is why they laughted at us this whole time, they thought we would so desesperate that we would play a mobile game. Thank you.
I had the hope we were going to have another blue post this week =(
You say:
We hear you

But then, I read this quote from your meeting with your stockholders? (if I understand correctly):

Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.

How much louder did they have to boo at you for you to hear them?!

In my earlier comment on this thread I pointed out that Blizzard's disillusionment with its fans is a joke--a running gag of a meme--and it's been going on for a LONG time.

It appears, that disillusionment will never go away. This is as clear of an example as I can show you. I only hope you wake up.
From what I can see, the mechanics of the game going forward in immortal is what I’d like to start seeing on an ever larger scale on both PC and Console versions of future diablo games. Adding mechanics giving strategy and death a meaning will bring life to the game. I’m 33 now and I’ve lived through many great games and in all honesty I feel great disappointment in the business model companies use in games these days. I’m still waiting for that new great game. But who’s going to step up a finally do it. Games blizzard was known so well for. Please blizzard, give me one more.
My disappointment with D:I is not that it's a mobile game, it's that it's not even really Blizzard made (Netease). However, I do have actual suggestions which I doubt will be read and heard. Where is the pride and devotion on making a great games?

What made Diablo 1 and 2 so special is the atmosphere. That dark, creepy dread where you will likely die. I remember the first time I ran into the butcher in D1 and it was a great, intense, "oh $@%T!" moment.

I normally don't write lists, but here we go.

1. Ditch the cartoon-esque vibe. It really killed the atmosphere for me. I don't want a Diablo game that was "WoW-Esque" in art style. Make it dark and gritty...like evil is permeating the world. I'd like to start in a more bright/cheerful world and see it slowly become evil/dark (not too far into the game).
2. Bring back stats and the ability to build your character the way you want. Stop assuming your audience is dumb and inept. However, you can have a "recommended mode" that is more D3 for players that want a Blizzard build. Make it so your character "build" is permanent (as in D2) after a certain level (like 20).
3. Make more random generated maps so there is more replay value.
4. Make it less arcade-like. It can be fun to be super powerful very easily/quickly, but part of the charm of D1 and D2 is the thrill of overcoming overwhelming odds. That you weren't this near-all powerful demi-god.
5. Put a lot of time and effort into the story. Have more emergent story elements. Just because it's a Diablo game, doesn't mean it has to have Diablo (in the flesh) in it.
6. While Acts were good in D2, I would prefer more seem-less transitions. The original dungeon siege game blew me away as it was fluid and continuous.
7. Make Unique and set items something truly special and hard to find. Finding a unique item in D2 was an amazing moment. Make it so white/blue/yellow are viable (hard, but do-able), and obtaining an epic or unique/legendary item provides a significant boost.
8. Make it so any weapon/armor can be used by any class (again, stat points). This allows for theory crafting and makes it more realistic.
9. Have a lot more hidden areas, secrets, that aren't available in every game (randomized).
10. I'd like to see a more vibrant world with seasons, day/night and weather. This can make for interesting game design elements. Certain monsters are out at night/day, spells/abilities are different (or have bonus/minus synergy).
11. Add a trading functionality for multi player (in-game only, not like the RMAH). While in game, you have a safe way to trade items (no/very few soul bound items).
12. Offline by default.
Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.

You guys said this at earnings call? Fine line you're walking there.

Also lol @ "muted". Fan reaction was booing.
This response is what we can expect from mobile games. We have access to the content (their response) free once every 6 days, if we want to have access everyday we have to pony up money.
NASDAQ
Activision Blizzard, Inc.
NASDAQ: ATVI
55.01 USD −7.78 (12.39%)
Closed: Nov 9, 7:58 PM EST · Disclaimer
After hours 54.99 −0.020 (0.036%)

Friday 2: $ 68.99
Friday 9: $ 54.99
In a week fall $ 14.00

Ouch!!!
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

Pretty much what I was expecting. Looking forward to further communication.

Edit: Spent the night thinking about what I would like to see for a new Diablo game.

The main thing that kept popping into my head was the overall look of Diablo I & II compared to III. I would love to see the next game be more true to the lore and story of the Diablo franchise. A rated teen version of that just doesn't fit. It needs to be more dark and gritty. When I think about angels and demons and heaven and hell, I don't think about bright purple teddy bears and unicorns.

I would also like to see more emphasis on community and multiplayer (diablo II had 8 player games), the RMAH and "loot 2.0" really took that away.

And don't forget about PVP, please!

This! Those teddy bears and unicorns don't belong in a diablo game, it took away the atmosphere of a diablo game, I guess cows don't belong either but even in the cow level you could still feel like you're in a diablo game.
Please don't do this. I beg you. Putting this on mobile is not the way to go. You will drive me and my friends away
11/09/2018 06:41 PMPosted by ROGUE
Please don't do this. I beg you. Putting this on mobile is not the way to go. You will drive me and my friends away

Not just you and your friends ='(
WOW 99 pages long (that's a lot of posts to read), but the only post from Nevalistis is still only the very first one, no more, no follow ups, definitely no communication with the player base, yep they're really listening to the player base that's for sure. But they did get one thing right and that was the heading of their original post, A quick word from Blizzard, how much quicker could it have been.
dismiss the person responsible for this terrible decision
Anyone else thinking one of the few last times we got told we are listening. Bliz got cheeky and made a rainbow land of teddy bears to kinda throw it back in the fans face.. Lion statues to Gargoyles but really didn't make the game more Gothic much..

Seems with D:I they went oh that feedback a darker more Gothic diablo yeah.... about that we gonna need you to take your belongings and move then in storage..