"Season 16 Will Have a Significant Season Theme"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Can't wait for the "Double Gold" theme...
11/12/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Atlantikus
Can't wait for the "Double Gold" theme...

Along with that, a free cell phone pet that gobbles up all the gold.
new theme is...daily talking about diablo 1 2 and 3...comparing them in detail and not-d3-defensively....because nobody wants to play diablo 3 anymore...or have wanted to for years.
A new theme isn't going to make it exciting again. The game is okay for a week or so after the reset and then it gets super boring. New content that is a significant change is necessary.
11/12/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Ovian
> Rift Races in 4v4 Mode (same Rift, first team that finishes wins)

I like this!
I wish PoE would make a pet of a devil with a phone, or something like it, twould be awesome
Triple bounty mats - "Do you guys not need bounty mats?" lmao
Like others, I fully expect it to be a tie in with DI.

It would surprise me if it is a Rainbow Season. "Every rift has Rainbow monsters in it and no blood so people of all ages can enjoy it!"
Man D3 players are really grasping for straws.

The Season/league theme is something PoE got going long before D3.
But PoEs new leagues have atleast content. Like last league which Added Delve. Which added a Endless dungeon, new currency crafting system, new bosses, lots of new unique items and some new skills.

And you get double tresure goblins! Omg lol... One of the biggest game devs out there can't even produce 1/10 of the content PoE make.
Guess Blizzard is bussy with "having their best men working on mobile" :D
11/12/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Evilsausage
Guess Blizzard is bussy with "having their best men working on mobile" :D

Hence the ire.
I will believe it when I see it, BUT I REALLY DO WANT IT!
A new pet for gold pickup: a floating smartphone. Also provides light!

Seriously, I don't know what the heck they could do that would get me interested again at this point after all the goodwill they've flushed down the toilet. There was a time I was hoping for even another proper patch so it's not just identical seasons over and over with the same builds in the same tiers, but I don't care anymore.

Edit: Shoulda read the whole thread, I see MungusCreep already covered it.
11/12/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Moose
Watched a podcast with Lord Fluffy (the boo guy) and ThaPchild, another Diablo 3 streamer that was at Blizzcon, that spent a lot of time talking to Wyatt and the other developers. They talk about hearing we'll be getting a significant season theme not just double gold or what ever.

Source: https://youtu.be/kzfjoXQECKE?t=7088

Posted this in another thread but figured more people would like to see this.

Good news for all those 5 players that will keep playing D3. I'm out!
SEASON OF PHONES
11/12/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Seiya
Like others, I fully expect it to be a tie in with DI.

It would surprise me if it is a Rainbow Season. "Every rift has Rainbow monsters in it and no blood so people of all ages can enjoy it!"

Why would there be a tie in to DI when DI is not even coming out in 2019....
Double gold, double rift loot, double phones... What else? I still think it was a kneejerk reaction and won't go deeper than double-tripple this, that and a few legendary tweaks here and there.
If it was good, it wouldn't need 'themed' seasons to bring us back.

Edit: I'm looking forward to a good ol' D2 ladder reset in Dec. (If Blizz hasn't forgotten about D2 completely)
11/12/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Moose
They talk about hearing we'll be getting a significant season theme not just double gold or what ever.

If I had to guess, here would be my guesses:

1 - No set season, elective (so that you are not forced if you do not want to). Set item drops and crafts are disabled for the season. Player base damage is increased by 100% and base Damage Reduction is increased by 30%.

2 - Greater Ubers - Along with Greater Rifts, Greater Keystones now can open a portal to the Greater Uber. Greater Ubers have an increased chance to drop primals, and an extremely rare chance to drop Primal Essence. Primal Essence will be used to craft an amulet similar to the Hellfire Amulet, but it will also allow the user to equip a legendary gem instead of a normal gem.

3 - A season that bring with it a complete rework to the paragon system.

4 - Additional craft options to further mod our gear

5 - A season that introduces charms

6 - A season that introduces runewords

Those are basically the themes that I can think of that actually change how we play the game, and would be "impactful"!
The season of mobility!

Haedrig, Kadala, Mystic, Zoltun Kulle (or just a magic flying Cube), the Stash, and Book of Cain all become followers! Town loses all meaning! Experience mobile gaming in Sanctuary!
I have my doubts, having this information come from the same company that claimed there was huge things coming for Diablo at Blizzcon...just to show us a mobile game side project.

I will believe it when the proof is in front of me.