Season-only RoRG. ugh.

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
I thought we got off that "Season players have special advantages" train after Season 2 or 3, when there were season-only legendaries. I guess we're back on that train now. Sorry loyal NS players.

The RoRG buff being Season-only is yet another slap in the face of NS players, who've been ignored for years. I could get into all the reasons I hate playing Seasons, but those arguments have already been hashed over hundreds of times by myself and others. Specifically, not only do we have fewer players online to team up with in NS, but now the Rorg buff will give a SIGNIFICANT damage boost (which = XP boost) to those in Season.

Just thinking of my Tal Rasha meteor Wiz...

In solo I can swap my TR belt for a Witching Hour, that adds about 15% dmg

In groups, I can swap TR ammy (and Unity) for Endless walk, adding a 100% damage modifier (not to mention damage mitigation while moving).

I'm sure most players understand that giving everyone RoRG by default is HUGE. It opens up so many possibilities, not only for damage, but just for fun. Blizzard, why are you forcing me to play in a Season to get it?
not going to pretend to understand how nonseason is even a mode anymore. But honestly.... suck it up lol. With the stupid !@# buffs as is people going to be doing Gr 120+ in a week or less. And before end of season top players will now be doing GR 150 or w/e. Having thousands upon thousands of paragons in NS is super lame man. I mean I guess the game easy as $%^- anyways so it doesn't matter anymore. But season is the way to go... or used to be... hell it probably not even worth touching anymore either.
11/19/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Dukus
not going to pretend to understand how nonseason is even a mode anymore. But honestly.... suck it up lol. With the stupid !@# buffs as is people going to be doing Gr 120+ in a week or less. And before end of season top players will now be doing GR 150 or w/e. Having thousands upon thousands of paragons in NS is super lame man. I mean I guess the game easy as $%^- anyways so it doesn't matter anymore. But season is the way to go... or used to be... hell it probably not even worth touching anymore either.

You play your way, I play mine.

I feel like there's a reason Paragon has a high ceiling, and I like the idea that I can keep building on my paragons (as slow as it is). They mean something, unlike Seasonal players who for some reason love starting over all the time.. <-- that's something I can't pretend to understand, but I'm glad you enjoy it. All I'm asking for is an equal playing field.

I don't have hours on end at the beginning of a season to clan up and get in on the "rush". I play when I can, at my pace, on my terms. I have a couple characters I'm working on getting BiS items, min-maxing, etc, and that will never happen for me in a Season.

If you miss that 'rush' at beginning of season, or don't want to be in a clan, or just don't like having a big friends list, ie, mostly a solo player, then Seasons are even worse for you. Starting over without help SUCKS.

To your argument about the set buffs, yeah that affects everyone. But there is the fun factor of playing with a free RoRG that I will totally miss out on.
Just an fyi, for those of you complaining about this, understand that PoE only has league buffs apply to league characters.

Standard has to wait for the league to go core, which sometimes does not happen, or sometimes takes 8-12 months.

So what D3 is doing with seasons should not be culture shock to players, it is just an additional reason or incentive to play a specific game mode.
Sorry, but that’s exactly what Seasons should be - SEASONAL things, not game-wide things.

Look on the bright side - unlike the legendary situation, this one will have zero impact on non-Season.
Rofl, in which game does non-season matter? You can at most use non-season to try out stuff, but in D3 it's literally pointless, another thing that they should delete, the non-season-mode, ancients and primal ancients, armory, sets, story mode, Grifts the list goes on.

Seriously, playing non-season makes no sense, so why are you even, grinding to paragon 5 million? Much fun, wow.... The whole point of a season is to replay a character from scratch and if developer want it, give seasons some extra stuff which is totally legit, it shouldn't just be , oh new season and done.
11/19/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Orrion
Sorry, but that’s exactly what Seasons should be - SEASONAL things, not game-wide things.

Look on the bright side - unlike the legendary situation, this one will have zero impact on non-Season.

There should be no such thing as dividing playerbase in the first place.
I love the difference in philosophy between D3 and POE.

Path of exile leagues have a focus on finding new inventive ways to make the game harder/ more challenging and interesting for players.

D3 just gives you buffs to make the season easier. Not sure what the big incentive is for people there.
I like playing NS. I don't like playing Seasons. You all have your reasons you like Seasons, but I don't share your opinions.

Period.

I don't play POE, so I don't care what they do.

If I want to play around with all the builds I have in my head right now that the RoRG buff makes possible, I'll have to dive into Season play, which I don't like and don't have time for.

You think grinding "endless" paragons is silly, and I think restarting a character from ground zero just to re-find the same items and re-play the same builds you've been using for every season anyway is silly.

What's even sillier is stating that you like to "replay a character from scratch" when so many seasonal players rush not only to lvl 70 but to hundreds of paragons IN ONE DAY, let alone getting to 2-3k paragon within a couple months. If starting from scratch is so fun, why does everyone blow through the actual process of doing so?

But if you like to play from scratch, cool. Fine. But you shouldn't need (or get) an extra incentive to do so.
11/19/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Agamemnicon
You think grinding "endless" paragons is silly, and I think restarting a character from ground zero just to re-find the same items and re-play the same builds you've been using for every season anyway is silly.

Welcome to D3, the game that offers literally zero diversity and no reason to even start in a new season or even play the game at all since it has no replayability value.
thank god they are bringing back seasonal stuff !!!! it was pure bull!@#$ when they got rid of the seasonal thing to begin with to satisfy the cry babies. The whole point of seasonal should be an incentive to play season, a justifiable reward to start over from scratch and reach end game.

You wanna play non season during season, that's fine an all, but don't expect the same reward a seasonal player should receive for starting over. Not participating in season and still enjoying the benefits of season.... this concept never got through to me, this is also why so many people stayed in non season during season as they got the exact same thing seasonal players were rewarded with.

Don't like playing season, then don't ask for items that are seasonal exclusive. As simple as that. You don' have time to start over, then stay non season and enjoy what the game has to offer in non season.

Leave seasonal exclusive for those that participate in it. Be it buff, items, revamps etc etc. If non seasons got the same things as season, it beats the whole concept of seasons. Its extremely de-motivating to play seasons then. With the dieing player base seasonal should have exclusive seasonal items/buffs anything new. once season ends make it server wide. I think its fair to all that partake in seasons that way.

Really glad this is coming back. Considering that 90% of the player base play seasons during seasons, this is totally a big incentive. Hope it stays this way.
Yep we've come full circle, how ironic. Seasonal advantages were removed for a reason, Blizzard is looking very desperate now.

The NS community must be so small now that they don't care if they lose those players because they surely are not going to convert them to Season.
11/19/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Vdizzle
Yep we've come full circle, how ironic. Seasonal advantages were removed for a reason

Then there shouldn't be seasons in the first place, they should delete it.
11/19/2018 01:01 PMPosted by InsaneChriZ
11/19/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Vdizzle
Yep we've come full circle, how ironic. Seasonal advantages were removed for a reason

Then there shouldn't be seasons in the first place, they should delete it.

There's a difference between giving players a choice, which is what we currently have between season and non-season. It's the players prerogative to decide which they want to play.

Now we're back to incentivizing one game mode over the other to get players to play the way Blizzard wants us to. These changes do not make me want to play season. However they do help make my decision to go back to playing other games instead of D3 that much easier.
I like playing NS. I don't like playing Seasons. You all have your reasons you like Seasons, but I don't share your opinions.

Period.

If I want to play around with all the builds I have in my head right now that the RoRG buff makes possible, I'll have to dive into Season play, which I don't like and don't have time for.

What's even sillier is stating that you like to "replay a character from scratch" when so many seasonal players rush not only to lvl 70 but to hundreds of paragons IN ONE DAY, let alone getting to 2-3k paragon within a couple months. If starting from scratch is so fun, why does everyone blow through the actual process of doing so?

But if you like to play from scratch, cool. Fine. But you shouldn't need (or get) an extra incentive to do so.

So.. if they can do all that in 1 day, then why don’t you have time to do it?
[quote="207683319967"]I like playing NS. I don't like playing Seasons. You all have your reasons you like Seasons, but I don't share your opinions.

So.. if they can do all that in 1 day, then why don’t you have time to do it?

This pretty much.

If you don't care to play seasons, don't have time then why do you care about what happens in seasons ? You can still enjoy your non seasonal game play. Given you are a solo player this buff should make no difference to your paragon grind. Now if you are talking about the fun aspect of it, then play seasons. As simple as that.

We don't care about why you chose to play non season during seasons either. But don't ask for seasonal things in non season. You should be lucky that sets get updated retroactively. They shouldn't even have done that.

Period.

There are people who have more paragon this season than you have total. But at any rate, you have 2500PL so u spend a fair bit of time playing this game. Tell me, what dont you have time for?
11/19/2018 01:34 PMPosted by BagboyBrown

Period.

There are people who have more paragon this season than you have total. But at any rate, you have 2500PL so u spend a fair bit of time playing this game. Tell me, what dont you have time for?

You apparently don't understand the difference between p2500 in 2-3 months vs p2400 over the course of YEARS. The only public games I play in are bounties, I grind solo 95% of the time.
Just guessing off the top of my head, but the extra legendary effect afforded by this season buff is probably worth less than 5 GR levels in most cases.

If you don't play seasonal, all of your NS characters should already be dozens of GR levels ahead of what is casually played in seasons. You will still be playing at higher levels in NS.

It sounds like a fun buff that will allow for some new builds. That and a few GR levels is totally worth all your salty salty tears.
In all honesty, this should be a showcase of how RoRG is really kind of unhealthy for the game.

Though, it's a small part compared to the rest.