Season-only RoRG. ugh.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 16 Next
11/19/2018 05:03 PMPosted by jay
Not playing season for this. Trash game mode for casuals.

Shouldn't you be throwing a party since you think power creep is content, and they're going to power creep a bunch of sets this patch?
11/19/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Just an fyi, for those of you complaining about this, understand that PoE only has league buffs apply to league characters.

Standard has to wait for the league to go core, which sometimes does not happen, or sometimes takes 8-12 months.

So what D3 is doing with seasons should not be culture shock to players, it is just an additional reason or incentive to play a specific game mode.

D3 NS players dont give two f**s whats happening in PoE
11/19/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Melisandre
Really glad this is coming back. Considering that 90% of the player base play seasons during seasons, this is totally a big incentive. Hope it stays this way.
If 90% of the playerbase plays season, why do you need another incentive to play seasons, Sherlock?
11/19/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Agamemnicon
I guess we're back on that train now. Sorry loyal NS players.

All the Non Season players were blatantly abusing the double bounty buff and only doing bounties for the duration of the buff so that they "Never had to do bounties again" How is that fair? I can see this as being one of the reasons for making the buffs season only.

11/19/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Orrion
what would be the point of Seasons?

Seasons are already "different". They already have a "point". Everyone starts a fresh character and there are multiple cosmetic rewards. Do you really need more incentive to play Season?

Yes. I don't care about cosmetics and never have.

There's a reason I've only played like 4 out of 15 Seasons to any real degree.

The extra 4 stash tabs continue to be Season only.

This was a TERRIBLE IDEA that was vehemently objected to by large swaths of the player base. I can't believe you used this as an argument.

I think you're confused. I never said it was a good thing (which, honestly, you should have been able to tell from just reading what I wrote), just that it was an example of something Seasonal-only that still exists right now.
11/19/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Orrion
I don't even think PoE has a lesser game experience outside of Leagues. All 10 Acts are still there and nothing changes about the gameplay itself. There's just something extra in the Leagues, and it either gets turned off or added to the main game at a later point afterward.

Well, since you can't do down the Azurite mines in standard but can in Delve, quite literally means playing in standard does not get you the full game experience.

The way I've always viewed Seasons is that they're an injection of something new - a potential reason to return to the game, or just a new way to do something. Only PoE has really managed to pull off what I think a Season should be, and even they don't get it right all the time (cough Beastiary league).

Yes, but again, comparing it to Path of Exile really doesen't work for the single reason that without these Leagues [now referred to as Expansions] the developers don't get paid. PoE needs them, Diablo 3 doesn't.
11/19/2018 05:33 PMPosted by MicroRNA
Really glad this is coming back. Considering that 90% of the player base play seasons during seasons, this is totally a big incentive. Hope it stays this way.
If 90% of the playerbase plays season, why do you need another incentive to play seasons, Sherlock?

Elementary, my dear Watson. Because most stop playing long before the Season actually ends.
11/19/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Vresiberba
I don't even think PoE has a lesser game experience outside of Leagues. All 10 Acts are still there and nothing changes about the gameplay itself. There's just something extra in the Leagues, and it either gets turned off or added to the main game at a later point afterward.

Well, since you can't do down the Azurite mines in standard but can in Delve, quite literally means playing in standard does not get you the full game experience.

The way I've always viewed Seasons is that they're an injection of something new - a potential reason to return to the game, or just a new way to do something. Only PoE has really managed to pull off what I think a Season should be, and even they don't get it right all the time (cough Beastiary league).

Yes, but again, comparing it to Path of Exile really doesen't work for the single reason that without these Leagues [now referred to as Expansions] the developers don't get paid. PoE needs them, Diablo 3 doesn't.

Well, no, D3 doesn't need Seasons, per se. But it does need updates.

You know why I was fine with the early days of Seasons when Seasonal players got new legendary items (and I was not a Seasonal player)? Because it basically guaranteed the game would get new stuff every time a new Season came along.

Then they nixed that, and.. well. On the whole, D3 hasn't gotten much of anything since that point except the Cube, and that was only a couple Seasons after the legendary item thing stopped.
This theme? Nothing carries over at all. That's exactly what the theme should be - something that affects Seasons only and has no impact on non-Seasons once the Season is done.
If you truly believe this, then you must not accept having the RRoG buff be season only.

1) The season of RRoG will result in higher greater rift clears (solo and group) This affects non-season in multiple ways:

A) Higher legendary gems and augments that will carry over into non-seasons.

B) Blood shard carry limit is based on solo greater rift.

C) It will make it much easier to get an extra stash tab (for those who do not have the maximum) affecting non-season stash tab limits.

Since the RRoG buff affects non-season, your statement that nothing in seasons carries over at all is wrong.

Hence, it would makes sense not to have the RRoG be a season-only exclusive as it clearly affects non-seasons/
11/19/2018 05:46 PMPosted by MicroRNA
This theme? Nothing carries over at all. That's exactly what the theme should be - something that affects Seasons only and has no impact on non-Seasons once the Season is done.
If you truly believe this, then you must not accept having the RRoG buff be season only.

1) The season of RRoG will result in higher greater rift clears (solo and group) This affects non-season in multiple ways:

C) It will make it much easier to get an extra stash tab (for those who do not have the maximum) affecting non-season stash tab limits.

Since the RRoG buff affects non-season, your statement that nothing in seasons carries over at all is wrong.

Hence, it would makes sense not to have the RRoG be a season-only exclusive as it clearly affects non-seasons/

Since botting and exploits affect the leaderboards much more than Granduer ever will, I really don't care about that.

I'm all for getting rid of the leaderboards, anyway, and always have been.
11/19/2018 05:46 PMPosted by MicroRNA

Indeed. The RoRG thing may not seem like much on the surface, and the end effect is delayed until the end, but there's still an advantage to be had in one mode getting it while the other doesn't. And this simply isn't about players playing the game "wrong" either, so it's not like skill can be justified as a reason for having or not.

The old exclusives were a garbage concept then and honestly part of the frustration here is hoping Blizzard doesn't decide to reinstate that concept because not having access to certain builds new items allow is definitely part of the "not getting the full game experience" I warned about. Seasons aren't required as a justification for new content, either.
11/19/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Shade
11/19/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Agamemnicon
I guess we're back on that train now. Sorry loyal NS players.

All the Non Season players were blatantly abusing the double bounty buff and only doing bounties for the duration of the buff so that they "Never had to do bounties again" How is that fair? I can see this as being one of the reasons for making the buffs season only.

What?!?

Abusing double bounty buff.. by doing bounties?

Your definition of abuse needs correcting.

Seasonal players had double bounty buff too, so were they also abusing it?

Also, try finding public Non-Season games to do bounties and greater rifts. Seasonal play has divided the -dwindling- player base so any advantages you perceive Non-Season players having (because of paragons and gear) are truly in your imagination, trust me.

p.s. Most players despise bounties so can you blame them for stocking up now so we don't have to do them (ever again, or as much) in the future??
11/19/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Saidosha
because not having access to certain builds new items allow is definitely part of the "not getting the full game experience" I warned about.

No one, NO ONE, does not "have access to certain builds new items allow" UNLESS they themselves choose not to access them by sticking to NS only. You have the 'full game experience" available to you, just like everyone else.

It's like whining about not being able to get hardcore achievements on your account because you only play softcore, and yet expecting to get those handed to you anyway.
11/19/2018 06:13 PMPosted by spacecadet13
No one, NO ONE, does not "have access to certain builds new items allow" UNLESS they themselves choose not to access them by sticking to NS only. You have the 'full game experience" available to you, just like everyone else.It's like whining about not being able to get hardcore achievements on your account because you only play softcore, and yet expecting to get those handed to you anyway.

The funny thing about comparing seasons vs. non-season to softcore vs. hardcore is that there are no special rewards for hardcore mode in comparison to softcore.

By extension, seasons should not have anything just handed to them by playing seasons.
11/19/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Saidosha
because not having access to certain builds new items allow is definitely part of the "not getting the full game experience" I warned about.

No one, NO ONE, does not "have access to certain builds new items allow" UNLESS they themselves choose not to access them by sticking to NS only. You have the 'full game experience" available to you, just like everyone else.

Come on, man, don't be like that. If you don't play Seasons, you don't have access, it's as simple as that. This is because the argument presented here carries with it a condition; you MUST play Seasons to get the buff, otherwise... you don't. There's precisely no point in telling people that they too have access, technically, because trust me, WE KNOW!

Aaany-ho, back to my Juggernaut, life leech Molten Strike play in Path of Exile. 18 days left, 10 levels to go. No rest for the weary!
Except that there's a huge difference to being able to play your characters you've had from day 1, into which you've sank hundreds of hours and devotion, and having to start completely over from scratch. That, for me, is the antithesis of fun and a play style I will never adopt. Limiting these new boni to only one game mode is simply ridiculous and discriminatory.
11/19/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Aulus
Except that there's a huge difference to being able to play your characters you've had from day 1, into which you've sank hundreds of hours and devotion, and having to start completely over from scratch. That, for me, is the antithesis of fun and a play style I will never adopt. Limiting these new boni to only one game mode is simply ridiculous and discriminatory.

Please.

I can get a character geared into a set in about a week of casual playing. After a few weeks, there’s no difference between the character I have in Seasons and the characters I don’t except Paragon level and a few Primals.

I mean.. the character attachment angle just doesn’t hold up in this game. This is D3 - the game where you don’t have character customization. If it weren’t for the fact that I know what I originally named my Wizard on here, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between them.
not going to pretend to understand how season is even a mode anymore.

Fixed it for you.

Still amazing to see peoples happy about this "Reset every three months" BS after it has already been reset 15 times and soon 16 times.

Good hamsters running on their wheels.
11/19/2018 05:33 PMPosted by MicroRNA

Because you dumb !@#$ the whole premise of seasons was to introduce the leaderboard and the new content so people starting fresh can compete on the leaderboard with the new content. This was changed because of lazy dumb fcks that couldn't bother to start fresh and wanted the same content available in non season !!!!

Now with the dieing player base Blizzard is doing all they can to keep people interested in seasons. So they are bringing back seasonal things to keep players interested. Because if they don't do that season16 would be half of what we had last season, and last season was nearly dead half way into seasons !!!!

Because you dumb !@#$ the whole premise of seasons was to introduce the leaderboard and the new content so people starting fresh can compete on the leaderboard with the new content. This was changed because of lazy dumb fcks that couldn't bother to start fresh and wanted the same content available in non season !!!!

LMAO, calling others "lazy" because HE don't want to do the necessary job to catch-up with players who have already farmed things and HE wants everyone to start fresh so he could be at the same level than everybody else with 0 efforts.

This is the logic of a seasonal retard, thanks for the good laugh.

11/20/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Melisandre
Now with the dieing player base Blizzard is doing all they can to keep people interested in seasons.

And yet a large part of the playerbase is only insulting them and leaving even faster than before because of Diablo Immortal and because of this RIDICULOUS patch.

They need things to keep peoples interested in seasons because seasons are not, have never been, and will never be interesting by themself, this concept is one of the most stupid thing to ever exist in game developpment so you end up being forced to put incentive because peoples don't care about it without a carot.