Season-only RoRG. ugh.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 16 Next
If the RoRG buff is temporary, which it is designed to be, then it *needs* to be Season-Only. Blizzard recognizes this, which is why they have decided to make it Seasonly-Only, despite making previous Seasonal buffs (goblins/bounties) apply game-wide.

If the RoRG buff affected Non-Seasonal, the NS leaderboards would be irreparably affected. The RoRG buff is, undeniably, additional power for all top builds. If this was available in NS, then the top spots of the leaderboards would be unfairly cemented into clears that may not be reachable again when the RoRG buff ends.

This is a non-issue for Seasonal Leaderboards, as they reset every season.

This gives the Season itself some flavor. A temporary change in how the game works. It is far more interesting than "double XXX drops", and I hope these flavorful season buffs are expanded upon.
11/20/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Melisandre
11/19/2018 05:33 PMPosted by MicroRNA
...If 90% of the playerbase plays season, why do you need another incentive to play seasons, Sherlock?

Because you dumb !@#$ the whole premise of seasons was to introduce the leaderboard and the new content so people starting fresh can compete on the leaderboard with the new content. This was changed because of lazy dumb fcks that couldn't bother to start fresh and wanted the same content available in non season !!!!

Now with the dieing player base Blizzard is doing all they can to keep people interested in seasons. So they are bringing back seasonal things to keep players interested. Because if they don't do that season16 would be half of what we had last season, and last season was nearly dead half way into seasons !!!!
You seem quite agitated. What's wrong with you? Misplaced the meds again?
11/20/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Caleko
If the RoRG buff is temporary, which it is designed to be, then it *needs* to be Season-Only. Blizzard recognizes this, which is why they have decided to make it Seasonly-Only, despite making previous Seasonal buffs (goblins/bounties) apply game-wide.

If the RoRG buff affected Non-Seasonal, the NS leaderboards would be irreparably affected. The RoRG buff is, undeniably, additional power for all top builds. If this was available in NS, then the top spots of the leaderboards would be unfairly cemented into clears that may not be reachable again when the RoRG buff ends.

This gives the Season itself some flavor. A temporary change in how the game works. It is far more interesting than "double XXX drops", and I hope these flavorful season buffs are expanded upon.

You're forgetting that Blizzard can lock NS leaderboards, there's this thing called Eras. For some reason Blizzard stopped giving a !@#$ about NS and haven't locked their leaderboards and we've been on the same Era for 2-3 seasons now.
11/20/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Caleko

Now you are bringing an interesting point. I haven't considered this before I admit: the NS leaderboards would have suffered from this, that's true.

However, this will not make me like this "theme".

A real theme that add some real gameplay modification is what D3 seasons needs.

In the end RoRG is just another damage buff, I really doubt we will see any news builds, most of them will just add a CoE in their Kanai slot, obtain a 50% damage buff and that's about it.
11/19/2018 12:23 PMPosted by InsaneChriZ
Rofl, in which game does non-season matter? You can at most use non-season to try out stuff, but in D3 it's literally pointless, another thing that they should delete, the non-season-mode, ancients and primal ancients, armory, sets, story mode, Grifts the list goes on.

Seriously, playing non-season makes no sense, so why are you even, grinding to paragon 5 million? Much fun, wow.... The whole point of a season is to replay a character from scratch and if developer want it, give seasons some extra stuff which is totally legit, it shouldn't just be , oh new season and done.

That's funny, I see no point to seasons. Why would I want to start over every few months just to get to where I was before. It reminds me of when I was little and my NES would screw up 3/4s of the way through a game. Now I get most people like seasons but to say non season doesn't matter is just asinine, they are the same game and people like them both.
11/20/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Deuce
11/19/2018 12:23 PMPosted by InsaneChriZ
Rofl, in which game does non-season matter? You can at most use non-season to try out stuff, but in D3 it's literally pointless, another thing that they should delete, the non-season-mode, ancients and primal ancients, armory, sets, story mode, Grifts the list goes on.

Seriously, playing non-season makes no sense, so why are you even, grinding to paragon 5 million? Much fun, wow.... The whole point of a season is to replay a character from scratch and if developer want it, give seasons some extra stuff which is totally legit, it shouldn't just be , oh new season and done.

That's funny, I see no point to seasons. Why would I want to start over every few months just to get to where I was before. It reminds me of when I was little and my NES would screw up 3/4s of the way through a game. Now I get most people like seasons but to say non season doesn't matter is just asinine, they are the same game and people like them both.

Yeah, that's always two very opposed points of view: Seasons players think there is no point in NS, NS players thinks Seasons is a stupid concept.

However in therm of developping content, Seasonal player base is much more interesting for Blizzard: the only thing they want to be happy is to reset their own progression every three months with just a very little change in the game (or even without any change). That's way easier to please than NS player base who constantly ask for some serious update.
11/20/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Darkduprey
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yeah, that's always two very opposed points of view: Seasons players think there is no point in NS, NS players thinks Seasons is a stupid concept.

However in therm of developping content, Seasonal player base is much more interesting for Blizzard: the only thing they want to be happy is to reset their own progression every three months with just a very little change in the game (or even without any change). That's way easier to please than NS player base who constantly ask for some serious update.

Most NS players are not the ones asking for change. We're pretty content with the game. If we weren't we would have either quit or went to Season, then we're not NS players at that point.

11/20/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Darkduprey
Now you are bringing an interesting point. I haven't considered this before I admit: the NS leaderboards would have suffered from this, that's true.

This isn't an issue, NS leaderboards have eras just like how Season boards work. They can easily lock them whenever they want. They used to whenever a Season ended but they stopped doing this when there was no big change to the game or patch. We've been on the same patch since S13 so NS boards haven't been locked since then. NS boards will be locked and reset at the end of this season before the patch goes live.

What I don't understand is what's the benefit to going the route of season only buffs/items again? Why risk alienating the remaining NS community? What's so wrong about making it game wide, or not even doing this silly buff in the first place. They could have done something much better and more interesting for season only players that doesn't alienate NS only players, but they didn't want to put in the work to make that happen.
**This isn't an issue, NS leaderboards have eras just like how Season boards work. They can easily lock them whenever they want. They used to whenever a Season ended but they stopped doing this when there was no big change to the game or patch. We've been on the same patch since S13 so NS boards haven't been locked since then. NS boards will be locked and reset at the end of this season before the patch goes live.** Quotes are messed up on my tablet.

The team may not lock the NS boards this time, if the intent is to get the underperforming sets on par with the most powerful sets. Notice no buffs to Akkahn or any supporting items for that set. Small buff to Trag Oul and nothing else for Necro, even though Innarius could use love. They may just leave NS open to see how those efforts to balace actually pan out with NS paragon and gem levels.
11/20/2018 06:44 AMPosted by jay
**This isn't an issue, NS leaderboards have eras just like how Season boards work. They can easily lock them whenever they want. They used to whenever a Season ended but they stopped doing this when there was no big change to the game or patch. We've been on the same patch since S13 so NS boards haven't been locked since then. NS boards will be locked and reset at the end of this season before the patch goes live.** Quotes are messed up on my tablet.

The team may not lock the NS boards this time, if the intent is to get the underperforming sets on par with the most powerful sets. Notice no buffs to Akkahn or any supporting items for that set. Small buff to Trag Oul and nothing else for Necro, even though Innarius could use love. They may just leave NS open to see how those efforts to balace actually pan out with NS paragon and gem levels.

That's what PTR is for.

They shouldn't be letting this go to live without locking considering all the changes. Also once it goes live they will not adjust or make any changes to the sets, they're done tuning at that point. They did this in Season 1 or 2 and destroyed the boards by making changes midway thru.
Season or not this game sucks !
Honestly, this is at least more in line with what I wanted out of Seasons. Something that will fundamentally change an aspect of the game. Its what we need. Base game = NS. In seasonal they should have been trying crazy new things that could possibly roll back to NS. Not that this is all that crazy, but its 1000 times more interesting than double goblin
I prefer the PoE approach to seasons:

A way to introduce new game mechanics for the game in a temporary environment that does not involve having to download a second copy of the game. If the mechanics fit the game well, then they can be integrated into the main game. If the mechanics do not fit the game well they will naturally disappear from the game to either be reworked and reintroduced at a later point or scrapped entirely.

Case in point in Betrayal Einhar and his Bestiary league mechanics is coming back, Bestiary league was hated for its netting mechanics: you had to carry a bunch of nets that only worked in specific level ranges and you had to DPS slowly so that you do not accidentally kill what you wanted to net. Which was anathema to how people build and play. The idea behind the league, capturing monsters to sacrifice for particular loot or particular affixes on loot or to alter a piece by adding an affix you want, was solid. Just how you got the monsters was not.

In Betrayal they are fixing this. Einhar follows you around and when you kill the special mobs he captures them for you. You do not have to DPS slowly and you do not have to carry stacks of nets in your inventory, your job is to kick !@# and leave the rest to Einhar.

But they are doing that Bestiary rework on top of trying out the Nemesis system via the Immortal Syndicate to see if it fits the game.

How D3 does seasons is just for leaderboard racing really. Everyone restarts so that the race begins at an even level and then you just try to get as high up the leaderboard as you can in the time limit of the season.

Which is not something you can really do in NS. NS does not get a leaderboard reset until Blizzard decides to actually patch the game (and we know how little Blizzard patches this game), and unless you invest the same amount of hours as people who have been playing NS since the beginning there is no point in attempting to go for the top. When the leaderboard reset comes in no one is on an even footing. Those who were at the top are automatically back at the same spot they were. There is no actual competition in NS.

Now me personally I do not mind there being Season specific buffs. I am used to that from PoE. It spices up the Seasonal Leaderboard race where everyone starts on an equal footing and can actually race.

I just wished they actually added content to this game. Cause its core gameplay loop is pretty damn boring with how unchanging it is.
11/19/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Agamemnicon
I don't have hours on end at the beginning of a season to clan up and get in on the "rush". I play when I can, at my pace, on my terms. I have a couple characters I'm working on getting BiS items, min-maxing, etc, and that will never happen for me in a Season.

Takes literally 20 hours? max to be easily farming T13 honestly probably a lot less counting next season. Then even the worst players who have played for awhile be farming GR 70 80 90+. I mean... it easy to only have like 40-50-60 hours played a season and literally do everything. Or you could spend that time farming 3-4? paragons (idk being that high of a paragon level seems pointless to me. Nothing hard about adding main stat just stupid bs imo). Wish they capped GR clears at para 800 but I get why they don't.

I get the down votes on my comment but honestly I am right. Seasons supposed to be special. Not really special when that 10 people playing nonseason also get same bonus.

Not my fault your lazy man. Seasons literally the only reason to even touch this game anymore. Hardest part is hitting lvl 70 and on SC that's beyond easy as !@#$. HC it easy as %^-* too just generally takes a little longer.
11/20/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Melisandre
11/19/2018 05:33 PMPosted by MicroRNA
...If 90% of the playerbase plays season, why do you need another incentive to play seasons, Sherlock?

Because you dumb !@#$ the whole premise of seasons was to introduce the leaderboard and the new content so people starting fresh can compete on the leaderboard with the new content. This was changed because of lazy dumb fcks that couldn't bother to start fresh and wanted the same content available in non season !!!!

Now with the dieing player base Blizzard is doing all they can to keep people interested in seasons. So they are bringing back seasonal things to keep players interested. Because if they don't do that season16 would be half of what we had last season, and last season was nearly dead half way into seasons !!!!

So your solution to a dying playerbase overall and in season is to alienate players who play exclusively non-season. How does not allowing access to specific content for a set of players make the playerbase bigger? You logic leaves something to be desired and I don't even have to call you names.

P.S. I do find it a bit ironic that you are under 250 paragon in season. I spent 3 days playing season (>400 paragon), got the pet, the avarice conquest from 50 bounty caches, and deleted the seasonal character so I could go back to non-season.
11/19/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Agamemnicon
11/19/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Dukus
not going to pretend to understand how nonseason is even a mode anymore. But honestly.... suck it up lol. With the stupid !@# buffs as is people going to be doing Gr 120+ in a week or less. And before end of season top players will now be doing GR 150 or w/e. Having thousands upon thousands of paragons in NS is super lame man. I mean I guess the game easy as $%^- anyways so it doesn't matter anymore. But season is the way to go... or used to be... hell it probably not even worth touching anymore either.

You play your way, I play mine.

I feel like there's a reason Paragon has a high ceiling, and I like the idea that I can keep building on my paragons (as slow as it is). They mean something, unlike Seasonal players who for some reason love starting over all the time.. <-- that's something I can't pretend to understand, but I'm glad you enjoy it. All I'm asking for is an equal playing field.

[/quote]

And you still do that with seasons. You may be playing fresh each season but all you earned during the season goes to you ns characters.
Including all the exp gained for paragon levels.

I get it's not your styles. But your ns toons benefit from seasonal play.

They mean something.
Thinking seasonal play is meaningless and thinking you can progress your paragon lvl by ns play only is factually inaccurate.
11/19/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Agamemnicon
Blizzard, why are you forcing me to play in a Season to get it?

Better question.

Why not stop whining and just play the Season? All of your paragon and gear gets transferred anyway, I really have no idea why people don't play Seasons. None. At all.

And you still do that with seasons. You may be playing fresh each season but all you earned during the season goes to you ns characters.
Including all the exp gained for paragon levels.

I get it's not your styles. But your ns toons benefit from seasonal play.

They mean something.
Thinking seasonal play is meaningless and thinking you can progress your paragon lvl by ns play only is factually inaccurate.

Somebody downvoted this guy for telling the truth LOL I bumped you back up bruh. =)
What I don't understand is NS players complaining about something that has NO EFFECT ON THEM.

If you don't play season, season players getting something is not an issue for you. It has ZERO impact on your game experience.

Someone else getting something is not the same as you losing something.
I thought we got off that "Season players have special advantages" train after Season 2 or 3, when there were season-only legendaries. I guess we're back on that train now. Sorry loyal NS players.

The RoRG buff being Season-only is yet another slap in the face of NS players, who've been ignored for years. I could get into all the reasons I hate playing Seasons, but those arguments have already been hashed over hundreds of times by myself and others. Specifically, not only do we have fewer players online to team up with in NS, but now the Rorg buff will give a SIGNIFICANT damage boost (which = XP boost) to those in Season.

Just thinking of my Tal Rasha meteor Wiz...

In solo I can swap my TR belt for a Witching Hour, that adds about 15% dmg

In groups, I can swap TR ammy (and Unity) for Endless walk, adding a 100% damage modifier (not to mention damage mitigation while moving).

I'm sure most players understand that giving everyone RoRG by default is HUGE. It opens up so many possibilities, not only for damage, but just for fun. Blizzard, why are you forcing me to play in a Season to get it?

It's always been the spirit of seasonal mode in D2 and for the first few seasons of D3. Why would anyone even want to bother with playing seasons if the season perks were just handed to everybody regardless of what mode you're in? It's called variety.
I'm sure most players understand that giving everyone RoRG by default is HUGE. It opens up so many possibilities, not only for damage, but just for fun. Blizzard, why are you forcing me to play in a Season to get it?

Yes it may be huge BUT it is only for 1 season and it's gone. How upset are the NS LB chasers are going to be after people have contaminated the LB with the extra bonus and then they can't be beaten because at season end they keep their position on the board and then no one else gets the bonus of the xtra RoRG that no one will get after season end and be able to compete on the boards