Season-only RoRG. ugh.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
11/19/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Just an fyi, for those of you complaining about this, understand that PoE only has league buffs apply to league characters.

Standard has to wait for the league to go core, which sometimes does not happen, or sometimes takes 8-12 months.

So what D3 is doing with seasons should not be culture shock to players, it is just an additional reason or incentive to play a specific game mode.

Wrong. Poe leagues last 3 months and always go to standard inless it is specified as a void league. Void leagues are those that give players more rewards than usual.
11/24/2018 07:41 PMPosted by BagboyBrown
I really have no idea why people don't play Seasons. None. At all

That tells me you haven't read anything I and many others have said. I've literally written paragraphs detailing why I don't play Seasons.

11/24/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Steve
How upset are the NS LB chasers are going to be after people have contaminated the LB with the extra bonus and then they can't be beaten because at season end they keep their position on the board and then no one else gets the bonus of the xtra RoRG that no one will get after season end and be able to compete on the boards

Me personally, I don't care about leaderboards and with all the botting going on I honestly don't know why anybody does. Especially with NS leaderboards being led by people with 4k more paragon than me, I can't even dream of competing with that.

But anyway, yeah.. what happens when Seasonal players use the Rorg buff to level their gems to higher levels than NS players, then at season end use those high-level gems in NS?

edit: I didn't understand your post when I first replied.
That tells me you haven't read anything I and many others have said. I've literally written paragraphs detailing why I don't play Seasons.

I've seen you get downvoted all over this forum. So no I didn't read it, 58 dislikes was enough to detour me. That said, there's no reason not to play Seasons except that if you did you couldn't whine about how much you don't want to play them.

There is exactly zero (you listening?) ZERO drawback to playing Seasons. But the choice is yours. Play them or don't. But please, before you make any more of an a$$ of yourself, go find me ONE thread of a person griping about how he doesn't like playing NS.

Thanks
11/25/2018 01:21 AMPosted by BagboyBrown
So no I didn't read it

Case closed.
11/25/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Agamemnicon
So no I didn't read it

Case closed.

If I read something that got downvoted 60 times, I might as well go buy Fallout 76 because clearly I went full retard.
11/19/2018 05:32 PMPosted by lightstorm
11/19/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Just an fyi, for those of you complaining about this, understand that PoE only has league buffs apply to league characters.

Standard has to wait for the league to go core, which sometimes does not happen, or sometimes takes 8-12 months.

So what D3 is doing with seasons should not be culture shock to players, it is just an additional reason or incentive to play a specific game mode.

D3 NS players dont give two f**s whats happening in PoE

Oh, they do give fukks, cause D3 is getting nothing, especially non-season, they don't even get nothing, they will have to pay in the future to actually play a non-season season, with their phones, and you must have DI installed.
After playing for a while I really hope they will reconsider the non-season not having the grandeur buff. :/
OP is so butthurt.
First off all there are no "nonseasonal" players, just players activley deciding not to take advantages and disadvantages of the season. No one is forbidding you to change your mind over the course of the game. Play season or not its up to you.
There's always been a huge problem with the D3 community: disgustingly selfish people.

Selfish people defended the RMAH to the death before launch. The RMAH had overwhelming support before launch thanks to these selfish people and it destroyed the game.

Selfish people whined about nerfs so now Blizzard only buffs, creating insane, endless power creep with 50,000% damage modifers.

And selfish people are now denying non-season players from the RORG buff.

Selfish people have been so destructive to the game.

I've seen you get downvoted all over this forum. So no I didn't read it, 58 dislikes was enough to detour me. That said, there's no reason not to play Seasons except that if you did you couldn't whine about how much you don't want to play them.

There is exactly zero (you listening?) ZERO drawback to playing Seasons. But the choice is yours. Play them or don't. But please, before you make any more of an a$$ of yourself, go find me ONE thread of a person griping about how he doesn't like playing NS.

Thanks

Going strong there this season bruh, almost all of 700 para lol
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Thanks

Going strong there this season bruh, almost all of 700 para lol

Hey look, another butt hurt NS player. Mad cuz he chooses to opt out of Season rewards.
11/19/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Agamemnicon
I'm sure most players understand that giving everyone RoRG by default is HUGE. It opens up so many possibilities, not only for damage, but just for fun. Blizzard, why are you forcing me to play in a Season to get it?

Yes it may be huge BUT it is only for 1 season and it's gone. How upset are the NS LB chasers are going to be after people have contaminated the LB with the extra bonus and then they can't be beaten because at season end they keep their position on the board and then no one else gets the bonus of the xtra RoRG that no one will get after season end and be able to compete on the boards
If contaminating non-season leaderboards due solely to the RRoG buff (and not due to this buff in seasons leading to higher legendary gem levels, augments, etc...) then Blizzard could make the non-season era coincide with season. Problem solved. If your worry is thst non-season will be contaminated long-term, then no seasonal RRoG buff can occur due to higher legendary gems and augments that will roll over to non-season.

For those who claim people are lazy and don't want to spend a few hours to regear/level up, I ask this. If it is so easy, why bother with this minor speedbump?
11/24/2018 07:41 PMPosted by BagboyBrown
I really have no idea why people don't play Seasons. None. At all

Most of those boil down to "I don't have the time," which is nonsense because it takes maybe 2 weeks of playing casually to gear up a character.

How upset are the NS LB chasers are going to be after people have contaminated the LB with the extra bonus and then they can't be beaten because at season end they keep their position on the board and then no one else gets the bonus of the xtra RoRG that no one will get after season end and be able to compete on the boards

Me personally, I don't care about leaderboards and with all the botting going on I honestly don't know why anybody does. Especially with NS leaderboards being led by people with 4k more paragon than me, I can't even dream of competing with that.

Hey something we can agree on. Botting has far more of an effect on NS leaderboards (and even Seasonal leaderboards) than Granduer will.

But anyway, yeah.. what happens when Seasonal players use the Rorg buff to level their gems to higher levels than NS players, then at season end use those high-level gems in NS?

Who cares? Most players won't have the time or inclination to get their gem levels that high and a couple more gem levels really won't make that much of a difference.

You've already stated you don't care about leaderboards, so you shouldn't care about those gem levels either. Besides, those players that are 4k Paragons above you and such? Those are the players that will be trying to do that, and you were already losing to them. Further, that massive Paragon difference matters much more than a few gem levels.
11/25/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Eigenscape
There's always been a huge problem with the D3 community: disgustingly selfish people.

Selfish people defended the RMAH to the death before launch. The RMAH had overwhelming support before launch thanks to these selfish people and it destroyed the game.

Selfish people whined about nerfs so now Blizzard only buffs, creating insane, endless power creep with 50,000% damage modifers.

And selfish people are now denying non-season players from the RORG buff.

Selfish people have been so destructive to the game.

That's absolutely stupid.

You know why I like Seasonal-only stuff? Because it means the game gets updates. You take those out and we don't get much. This is very obvious if you look at how changes decreased after they removed Seasonal legendary items.

But anyway, nobody is being denied anything. Everyone has the choice to do what allows them to play with the Grandeur buff. Nothing I say or do blocks anyone from doing it. The choice is yours. If you choose not to play Seasons that isn't my fault. Note: I doubt I'll be playing Seasons.
11/25/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Orrion
You know why I like Seasonal-only stuff? Because it means the game gets updates.

Keep pulling !@#$ out of your %^- and being disgustingly selfish for no reason.

That alleged causation makes literally zero sense.
11/25/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Eigenscape

Best part of this is you are also a member of that community
Yeah I know downvote away
Most of No season player have fear to ban hammer in season becouse almost all use bot, if they Go in season ban Will hit.
11/19/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Agamemnicon
11/19/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Dukus
not going to pretend to understand how nonseason is even a mode anymore. But honestly.... suck it up lol. With the stupid !@# buffs as is people going to be doing Gr 120+ in a week or less. And before end of season top players will now be doing GR 150 or w/e. Having thousands upon thousands of paragons in NS is super lame man. I mean I guess the game easy as $%^- anyways so it doesn't matter anymore. But season is the way to go... or used to be... hell it probably not even worth touching anymore either.

You play your way, I play mine.

[/quote]

So based on your response of (playing your way/ his way/ her way / it's way) then play the season or play non season. Otherwise it sounds like you're complaining. Are you complaining?
The typical casual Blizzard player entitlement thread.
Most of those boil down to "I don't have the time," which is nonsense because it takes maybe 2 weeks of playing casually to gear up a character.

If it only takes two casual weeks to gear up a character, why lock it behind seasons at all?

11/25/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Orrion
You know why I like Seasonal-only stuff? Because it means the game gets updates.
The game got updates before seasons in D3 existed so try again...

11/25/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Kani
The typical casual Blizzard player entitlement thread.
Whether someone puts in 40 hours of gameplay in seasons versus 40 hours in non-season, it still means each player put in 40 hours. Entitlement is thinking that playing "seasons" makes your 40 hours better. Entitlement is true. You just need to look in the mirror.

11/25/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Dallaro
Most of No season player have fear to ban hammer in season becouse almost all use bot, if they Go in season ban Will hit.
I disagree, my 1600+ paragons never used a bot or any cheat. Also, I have played most seasons; however, philosophically it makes no sense to disenfranchise those players who select to play non-season exclusively. We have been through these arguments in the past. Blizzard realized their mistake and now seems committed to replicate it again until the player outcry makes them realize their mistake.