Season-only RoRG. ugh.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 16 Next
11/25/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Orrion
Nor are they the only company that treats Seasons like this. PoE does the same thing for their Leagues. To a much greater degree.

Difference is GGG has been doing that from the start and standard league really does have no real meaning in PoE, meanwhile in D3 you have the paragon levels and some players actually grind their butts off to push that level as high as possible, which I can't really understand, since that's boring as hell, but ok, it's their thing, and on the contrary, seasons don't nearly offer as much as PoE leagues, making them really lackluster, not really giving one a reason to grind up from the start, so people rather choose to grind up in paragon levels in NS and nothing more, cause finding gear is the easiest thing in D3, maybe augmenting items is also a thing, I kinda see the point there.

So as long as seasons don't have something that really catches the player, why play seasons at all? Don't get me wrong, I don't play NS, simply because it has even less meaning for me than the seasons.
I still think that they can just get rid of the seasons, cause as mentioned, it doesn't catch the player by an amount that would make it meaningful to the player to even say, ok that's interesting, and that has been the case for as long as seasons exist.
11/19/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Agamemnicon
I thought we got off that "Season players have special advantages" train after Season 2 or 3, when there were season-only legendaries. I guess we're back on that train now. Sorry loyal NS players.

The RoRG buff being Season-only is yet another slap in the face of NS players, who've been ignored for years. I could get into all the reasons I hate playing Seasons, but those arguments have already been hashed over hundreds of times by myself and others. Specifically, not only do we have fewer players online to team up with in NS, but now the Rorg buff will give a SIGNIFICANT damage boost (which = XP boost) to those in Season.

Just thinking of my Tal Rasha meteor Wiz...

In solo I can swap my TR belt for a Witching Hour, that adds about 15% dmg

In groups, I can swap TR ammy (and Unity) for Endless walk, adding a 100% damage modifier (not to mention damage mitigation while moving).

I'm sure most players understand that giving everyone RoRG by default is HUGE. It opens up so many possibilities, not only for damage, but just for fun. Blizzard, why are you forcing me to play in a Season to get it?

Season players: probably 60-70% bots
Non-season players: 100% bots guaranteed!
11/26/2018 03:17 AMPosted by celtic08
11/26/2018 02:22 AMPosted by Hulda
If they implement it into NS it would have to be for whole Era, not just 3 months of season. Otherwise some people 130 clears they spent already thoudands of keys will become worthless as with passive RoRG they're have to try 1-2 tiers higher. Not only that but after that buff ends, tiers beaten thanks to it wouldn't be beatable again. Therefore it could work only for whole Era.

Solid valid point. This is the best argument against RoRG on NS.

11/25/2018 02:02 PMPosted by mcdundee
I can understand why NS would feel bad that they are being denied something fun and powerful in their preferred mode.

What I cannot understand is why Season players would prefer NS to not have it.

Giving the bonus to NS could draw retired NS players back to explore builds.

Just curious how giving the bonus to NS would affect a season players game enjoyment in any way?

Exactly this. Too many keyboard warriors typing for the sake of argument w/o logical thinking.

Yeah, logic. You’ve got one group of people screaming about discrimination while the other just points out that there’s nothing stopping anyone from utilizing Seasonal play (Blizzard didn’t make it any more difficult to access Seasons than at any other time).

But you think the first group is being more logical? Yeah, no.

Besides, the actual logical perspective is Blizzard’s and not ours.

While Seasons exist, it is logical to promote them. Otherwise, why do they exist? Seasons are where new players are likely to go, and even returning players might do it, especially if there’s something shiny enticing them. The beginning of Seasons is when player count and activity skyrockets in comparison to other times. Plus, they can look at a certain other ARPG and see exactly how popular promoting a real Seasonal mode is.

Logically, then, it makes perfect sense to promote Seasons from Blizzard’s standpoint. And that’s what they’re gonna do.
11/26/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Beliz
Season players: probably 60-70% botsNon-season players: 100% bots guaranteed!
These numbers are made up. Seasonal players who bot risk what a couple month old character and $30. There are longterm non-season players who have played since D3 launch. They risk much more. You have no idea the frequency of botting between seasons and non-season so stop making up numbers that make little sense.

11/26/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Orrion
You’ve got one group of people screaming about discrimination while the other just points out that there’s nothing stopping anyone from utilizing Seasonal play
There is nothing that would stop Bizzard from making the RRoG available to all irrespective of season participation. People "scream" about discrimination for a reason. It is about fairness and virtue. How would making the RRoG buff apply to non-season adversely affect seasonal players? You need to explain this to me.
Are you sure after BlizzCon?
The beginning of Seasons is when player count and activity skyrockets in comparison to other times.
In D3V that did not have seasons, player numbers spiked after content patches. Therefore, I think that it is fair to say that content patches (as well as other factors such as season starting) are major factor in increasing the number of players/
11/25/2018 07:15 PMPosted by DOA

Season players don't "prefer" for non-seasonal players to not have the bonus.

Season players understand that there is no bonus this go around for the non-seasons.

Because we understand that, we now know that you not getting the bonus is your choice. Instead of owning up to your choice, we have to listen to you whine. That is the annoying part.

We all understand it was stated there will be no bonus for NS. This thread was an attempt to get them to reconsider. Sometimes they listen and act, like they did with primal v1.

For having no preference, you all sided with Blizz pretty quickly on this. The instant backlash just felt like Season players really didn’t have our back on this one.

I’ve had my fun checking it out on PTR to see whether I need to go Season and there’s nothing game-breaking about RoRG bonus anyway.
Its a 1-3 GR bump depending on class. NS players will have far more Paragon levels that counteract what a 3 month season would do and if you look at past season leaderboards, they have always lagged behind the NS top clears so a season clearing 1-3 levels higher would affect nothing on the NS side of things.
11/26/2018 10:22 AMPosted by mcdundee
For having no preference, you all sided with Blizz pretty quickly on this. The instant backlash just felt like Season players really didn’t have our back on this one.

I’ve had my fun checking it out on PTR to see whether I need to go Season and there’s nothing game-breaking about RoRG bonus anyway.

I don't think anyone sided with Blizzard. Prolly more like, "what choice do we have?" And, since I play almost exclusively seasons, it wasn't going to affect me.

No, it's not game breaking, but it is a few grift levels, and some added flexibility.
11/26/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Beliz
Season players: probably 60-70% botsNon-season players: 100% bots guaranteed!
These numbers are made up. Seasonal players who bot risk what a couple month old character and $30. There are longterm non-season players who have played since D3 launch. They risk much more. You have no idea the frequency of botting between seasons and non-season so stop making up numbers that make little sense.

You’ve got one group of people screaming about discrimination while the other just points out that there’s nothing stopping anyone from utilizing Seasonal play
There is nothing that would stop Bizzard from making the RRoG available to all irrespective of season participation. People "scream" about discrimination for a reason. It is about fairness and virtue. How would making the RRoG buff apply to non-season adversely affect seasonal players? You need to explain this to me.

Fairness? In what way is this unfair? You have exactly the same opportunity as any other player. That’s pretty much the definition of fairness.

It’s what you choose that makes the difference, and that choice is entirely up to you.

It would affect Seasonal numbers because then players who would otherwise play there might choose non-Seasonal instead. Remember, the whole idea here is promoting Seasons. You have to look at it from that perspective. Is there a difference for PLAYERS - you and me? No. But there’s a difference to Blizzard.

Are you sure after BlizzCon?

Strangely enough Seasons existed before 4 weeks ago.

And going mobile is a perfectly valid logical perspective, yes. It’s HOW and WHERE they announced it that’s the problem, not the announcement itself.

The beginning of Seasons is when player count and activity skyrockets in comparison to other times.
In D3V that did not have seasons, player numbers spiked after content patches. Therefore, I think that it is fair to say that content patches (as well as other factors such as season starting) are major factor in increasing the number of players/

Not all Seasons have had content patches - like the last several - yet activity rose when they started anyway.

And yes, content patches are obviously better. So hopefully they’ll do more of that - and since they want players in Seasons, they’ll likely put something specifically in there, and you’re just gonna have to deal with it and make a choice. Same way I do.
so your saying that people who don't play season should get a theme as well?
I don't get it...

They're called season themes not non-season themes
Just a reminder: in season 14 and 15 the season theme was a theme for all Diablo players for the duration af each season. But of course it's purely Blizzard's decision what and how the theme should be.
11/27/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Scorp
so your saying that people who don't play season should get a theme as well?
I don't get it...

They're called season themes not non-season themes

More like delete seasons and get a patch to the whole thing, as mentioned before, Blizzard just failed to maintain the seasons overall, now after 16 seasons something decent arrives as a theme, but it's way too late, they should've done this from the very beginning and also not have anything for NS that might be set as a goal, looking at paragon levels specifically, not to forget that there hasn't been anything new at all for years and now only season players get a benefit, hence why the uproar, years of nothingness and one half of the playerbase gets a kick in the nuts.
11/27/2018 09:54 AMPosted by InsaneChriZ
not to forget that there hasn't been anything new at all for years and now only season players get a benefit

InsaneChriz = insaneLying
11/27/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Jazz
Just a reminder: in season 14 and 15 the season theme was a theme for all Diablo players for the duration af each season. But of course it's purely Blizzard's decision what and how the theme should be.
This is how it should be.

Unlike Orrion, I believe in choices with a maximum number of options with similar gameplay mechanics. How would having the RRoG buff apply to non-season not increase player choices? People could choose to play seasons or people could choose to play non-seasons and both would have the RROG bonus. More options is good, but Orrion and Blizzard does not want the players to have a maximal number of choices with similar gameplay mechanics.

How would having the RRoG buff in non-seasons hurt seasons if it was also offered? I can think of one likely outcome that it might diminish the number of players playing season, but that outcome proves my point unequivocally.
11/27/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Jazz
11/27/2018 09:54 AMPosted by InsaneChriZ
not to forget that there hasn't been anything new at all for years and now only season players get a benefit

Anything new since RoS that is worth mentioning other than the cube? Nope.
11/27/2018 10:05 AMPosted by InsaneChriZ
11/27/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Jazz

Amazing! You like RoS! I expected you to be one of the usual D2 worshippers
:-)
11/27/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Jazz
11/27/2018 10:05 AMPosted by InsaneChriZ

Amazing! You like RoS! I expected you to be one of the usual D2 worshippers
:-)

Liking it is over the top, why you think I rather play D2 even now.
Why not one buff for ns, and a different buff for season?
Let the player choose which playstyle he prefers for that time period?
11/27/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Pool

Yeah, here's a non-season buff: start with all your paragon, all your stash, augmented gear, gold, legendary gems, artisans, rama's gifts and crafting mats and the ability to fully exploit any game-wide buffs such as double goblins or double caches the moment they become available.
11/27/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Pool

‘Cause the point is to promote Seasons and Seasonal play.