Seasonal Legendaries

General Discussion
Remember when this was a thing? Every Season, they would add legendary powers to the legendary items that didn't have them. And then the NS community said they felt left out even though they would have access to them when the season ended.

And Seasonal Legendaries were no longer a thing. Blizzvision no longer felt obligated to finish these items. Upon retrospect and the complete lack of content for months, would you rather of access to content later or have no new content at all?

Good Job NS Community
11/21/2018 04:31 PMPosted by BagboyBrown
Remember when this was a thing? Every Season, they would add legendary powers to the legendary items that didn't have them. And then the NS community said they felt left out even though they would have access to them when the season ended.

And Seasonal Legendaries were no longer a thing. Blizzvision no longer felt obligated to finish these items. Upon retrospect and the complete lack of content for months, would you rather of access to content later or have no new content at all?

Good Job NS Community

So basically Blizzard became too lazy to make new items and succeed in convincing players that it was "NS Community fault".

Great job Blizzard.

Your reasonning is 10000% pure BS.

There is litterally nothing stopping them from adding news legendaries in the game and making them instantly available in Non-Season.

This is what happened:

->Blizzard used to give new items to 50% of the playerbase
->The others 50% complained that it was unfair (and it was)
->Blizzard should have chosen to give news items to 100% of the playerbase and make everyone happy
->Instead for some BS reasons they choose to give news items to 0% of the playerbase

This is Blizzard being lazy and not the fault of any player of any mode.

I don't know how "I want new items too" can suddently be translated by "I don't want new items in the game".

Don't be fooled by Blizzard communication, please.
11/21/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Darkduprey
->Blizzard should have chosen to give news items to 100% of the playerbase and make everyone happy

1. NS had access to the items when the Season ended.
2. You cannot make EVERYONE happy.
Seems this thread is not being the pages of seething controversy that the OP had hoped.
So basically Blizzard became too lazy to make new items and succeed in convincing players that it was "NS Community fault".

Great job Blizzard.

Your reasonning is 10000% pure BS.

There is litterally nothing stopping them from adding news legendaries in the game and making them instantly available in Non-Season.

This is what happened:

->Blizzard used to give new items to 50% of the playerbase
->Instead for some BS reasons they choose to give news items to 0% of the playerbase

This is Blizzard being lazy and not the fault of any player of any mode.

I don't know how "I want new items too" can suddently be translated by "I don't want new items in the game".

Don't be fooled by Blizzard communication, please.

I don't know how much money and development time to make new items. But if it is a lot then the reason why is to cut costs. Blizz's execs that could look at this game as one giant mess would say it makes good business sense to move on to Diablo 4.
@ShadowAegis
That sounds like the real reason. Maybe the time when they stopped doing seasonal items even fits in the time where they decided to move on to D4. (given that all these rumors and leaks are true)

No it wasn't. You have to deliver people a reason to play seasons. If you give it to all players the reason is not given any longer.
11/23/2018 01:46 AMPosted by AlKatiba

No it wasn't. You have to deliver people a reason to play seasons. If you give it to all players the reason is not given any longer.

If you need to give peoples reasons to play in a certain mode that's because this mode is lackluster and not interesting in the first place.

Peoples playing in Hardcore never had any sort of "additional reason" to play in this mode and they never complain about it.
11/23/2018 03:39 AMPosted by Darkduprey
If you need to give peoples reasons to play in a certain mode that's because this mode is lackluster and not interesting in the first place.

Let me quote some sources:
Seasons are a feature of Diablo III, the equivalent of Ladders from Diablo II. They were added in Patch 2.1. New Seasons are a major event and are typically released in tandem with patches, premiering original content, but a patch is never applied mid-Season. Seasons are considered the end-game of Diablo III.

Each Season in the world of Diablo III offers a chance to earn new items and to compete with other players for immortalized glory.
Yeah, so basically your quote proove my point: Seasons in themself are lackluster and peoples are only interested by the exclusive items, while Hardcore is interesting on it's own and don't need anything exclusive as a carot.
Yes, but Hardcore is not the topic here even if there are a lot of people playing hardcore seasons which then again would prove you're wrong.
11/22/2018 06:23 PMPosted by BagboyBrown

1. NS had access to the items when the Season ended.

He meant at the same time, and you know it!

Why would simply adding content to the game not make everyone happy? Would Season players be unhappy because non-Season players also had access to these items at the same time? That's not a very admirable attitude, is it.

So why are you getting upset because you aren't getting special legendaries during seasons so that you can capitalize on the NS LB before the NS community can get their hands on it
11/23/2018 04:06 AMPosted by AlKatiba
Yes, but Hardcore is not the topic here even if there are a lot of people playing hardcore seasons which then again would prove you're wrong.

"Interest" is the topic of our conversation, so any game mode that can attract players without the need of a carot is the topic.

If peoples don't find seasons funs when there is no carot it means that seasons are not fun, that's a very simple and realistic statements, there is no reason for you to struggle against it.

However if they still find it fun,
it means exclusive items are not needed.

In both case you don't need them, either you don't really like seasons for what they are so go play non-season or you like it for what they are and that's fine.

No it wasn't. You have to deliver people a reason to play seasons.

Why? It isn't like the player retention is dependent on it, so the only thing remaining is developer pride and ego; if only 10% plays Season it would come across as a failure. Besides, the reason to play Season should be to start over and race the leaderboard. In fact, Season was created to cater for those who wanted a feature to reset their progress, which is impossible to do.

If you give it to all players the reason is not given any longer.

Well, I don't know what's worse; not having new content or having the developer catering for those whose only interest is that only they can have the goodies. Reality is, that the only reason people wanted Season to have exclusive content, was to feel special, and that can only be accomplished if there are a sizeable number of players not playing Season, and that can only happen if Season were at the same time equally a as much a success as it was a failure.

It's not without a sense of irony that the success of Seasons were co-dependent on its failure.
We just have a very different view on what seasons should deliver. I respect that you want seasons to be just a ladder race but I don't agree and I am not convinced by your arguments. Given that one of the quotes from my above post is taking from the official Diablo Season page it seems that also the dev team's intention was a different.
11/23/2018 04:39 AMPosted by AlKatiba
We just have a very different view on what seasons should deliver. I respect that you want seasons to be just a ladder race but I don't agree and I am not convinced by your arguments. Given that one of the quotes from my above post is taking from the official Diablo Season page it seems that also the dev team's intention was a different.

Is this... aimed at me? Use the quote feature.

What Blizzard said in their patch notes does in no way or form negate what I said. It was painfully obvious what Blizzard had in mind for Season and let truth be told; Season would have failed without exclusive content. The reason I brought up the reset feature is because that's what people wanted. Obviously with Seasons, such a feature was redundant and therefore never came to fruition.
11/23/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Vresiberba

I was addressing you and DarkDupre. Sry. Thought it was obvious.
11/23/2018 04:50 AMPosted by AlKatiba
11/23/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Vresiberba

I was addressing you and DarkDupre. Sry. Thought it was obvious.

But I don't want Seasons.
11/23/2018 03:39 AMPosted by Darkduprey
Peoples playing in Hardcore never had any sort of "additional reason" to play in this mode and they never complain about it.

Real death is the uniqueness and the "additional reason" to play.