Questions about this DMO FO build

Wizard
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/99704-2-6-1-gr111-dmo-frozen-orb-aw

This is posted in the builds topic here, and I was wondering if it is still up to date, and what my stat priorities are on the gear? Also does it run out of arcane fast? I’d like to do bounties for fun with it too. All I have so far is the DMO set, triumverate, and two of 3 powers cubed (Unstable sceptre and crown of the primus)
It's still a very solid build. The stat priorities are listed partway down that page. I'd probably prioritize area damage a bit higher than attack speed, but other than that the priorities look good.

For bounties, you'll want to switch a few things up. Wormhole instead of Safe Passage, Focus/Restraint instead of Endless Walk (drop CoE, use Hellfire Amulet or just your best stat amulet), Powerful or Hoarder instead of Stricken, Astral Presence and Illusionist instead of Blur and Unwavering Will. Can also use Pride's Fall instead of Crown of the Primus (and use the Time Shell rune for more frequent bubble casts + Galvanizing Ward to keep the RCR buff up) for better resource management. Something like this should do it: https://www.d3planner.com/330911714

Tal's Frozen Orb will be faster for bounties though, since you don't have to take time to drop bubbles. The resource management is a bit trickier without Wormhole and Pride's Fall, but I find it's worth it to be able to deal damage up front without bubbles. Something like this: https://www.d3planner.com/172422837 You'll have to stutter some generator casts in with your teleports to keep your AP up.
Thanks! Appreciate it. For the skill changes you first mentioned and the new build, will that still get me up to GR100? I wanna be able to do bounties, nephalem rifts, and push at least GR 100 with one build.

Also, I notice you use a topaz instead of diamond in head piece, just wondering how come? ( I’ve only played Barb and Dh extensively)
11/26/2018 11:25 AMPosted by GoosePants
Thanks! Appreciate it. For the skill changes you first mentioned and the new build, will that still get me up to GR100? I wanna be able to do bounties, nephalem rifts, and push at least GR 100 with one build.
If the PTR buff to DMO set stays, then it will be one of the most powerful Wizard sets to push with. Bounties it's a little slow on. There aren't very many sets I can think of that can do all 3 with ease, but you'll get pieces to sets along the way that will help with that. As previously mentioned, Tals Frozen Orb is the build of choice for speed. DMO isn't a very fast build by nature, but both builds share a decent amount of non-set gear.

Also, I notice you use a topaz instead of diamond in head piece, just wondering how come? ( I’ve only played Barb and Dh extensively)
It's for resource management. DMO isn't as cooldown dependent as Barb & DH, so don't need the diamond.
I like both DMO FO playstyle and Tal Rasha Meteor. I just can't stomach FB. So either way, it will be good for me.

I do hope that they keep the DMO buff.
Thanks!
11/26/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Narius
I like both DMO FO playstyle and Tal Rasha Meteor. I just can't stomach FB. So either way, it will be good for me.

I do hope that they keep the DMO buff.
Personally, FO doesn't do it for me. I prefer the Arcane Orbit/EB variant personally. It's not as powerful, but I like the playstyle. With the RorG buff for season 16, Frostburn worked into DMO FO is very powerful. My favorite Wiz build is Tals Meteor. I also hate FB. Too many things to keep track of and latency issues mean it's almost impossible to get the two signature spells + channel off before the Star Pact meteor hits.
11/27/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Raziel187
Personally, FO doesn't do it for me. I prefer the Arcane Orbit/EB variant personally. It's not as powerful, but I like the playstyle. With the RorG buff for season 16, Frostburn worked into DMO FO is very powerful. My favorite Wiz build is Tals Meteor. I also hate FB. Too many things to keep track of and latency issues mean it's almost impossible to get the two signature spells + channel off before the Star Pact meteor hits.
It's like you're reading my mind.
11/26/2018 11:25 AMPosted by GoosePants

That's going to be straight up Vyr's MH or Tal's Meteor Shower then, with the buff to those sets and free RoRG both will be able to push GR100 and both will be insanely fast for bounties and neph rifts. I'm thinking Vyr's will edge out for bounty/neph and Tal's for 100 push, but that's what sets should be like, slight advantages and disadvantages in each style of play. Too bad they didn't do this right with Firebirds but hey we'll take 3 out of 4, plus Firebirds has dominated half the seasons of all time so it could take a backseat.