[LON - All Classes] How to truly fix LoN

PTR Feedback
I think we all agree that LoN is one of the more fun and interesting sets in the game because it opens up so many options.

That being said, I feel that just two things, albeit very important, need to happen for LoN to truly shine:

1 - LoN imo should become a class passive. It should read "As long as you are not benefiting from a set bonus, you gain x% damage and x% damage reduction per ancient item equipped." I feel that with this, we can now have LoN be balanced for each class, as it needs to be. I would set the passive to be a level 70 and unlock at a paragon level that is deemed fair and accessible in proportion to having a full inventory of ancient items (maybe between 300-500?).

2 - Blizzard really needs to take the time to make every skill viable, and every legendary modifier fall in line. This is what worries me, but if we want true harmony, a fine tooth comb has to go over the core of the issue, which is skill damage, and then work outwards towards the items that buff those skills.

I think these can be complicated to implement, but would be much appreciated by all players.

Thank you.
Move LON effect to Hellfire ring
11/27/2018 05:22 PMPosted by XelNagaIvan
Move LON effect to Hellfire ring

My problem with this is that you still struggle to balance it due to the overall class imbalance.

If however, they figure out the imbalance, then I would absolutely love if the Ring had a purpose again.

I guess you could take a mix of my idea and your idea, making LoN a passive, that states what I mentioned, but rather than a paragon requirement, you instead have to equip hellfire ring?
I agree with OP. I said it before LON should be an innate passive for every class so builds can take advantage of ring slots.
If this went through, most class set bonuses cannot stay underneath LoN's buff, Would the damage modifier stay at 6500%? What would this mean for a player deciding between Akkhans and all of the Necro sets?
11/28/2018 03:14 AMPosted by dmkt
If this went through, most class set bonuses cannot stay underneath LoN's buff, Would the damage modifier stay at 6500%? What would this mean for a player deciding between Akkhans and all of the Necro sets?

The LoN modifier would be adjusted to help make LoN itself more balanced from class to class, just like Blizzard is currently trying to bring all underperforming class sets up to the best.