Diablo IV: Horadrim (My Idea for the next Diablo game)

General Discussion
Alright let's try this again, last time I tried posting this it just poof and vanished, but here is my idea for the next Diablo game.

Diablo IV Horadrim will take place before the Events of the first Diablo. You are a member of the Horadrim and your task is to locate and destroy the minions of hell before they can be unleashed on the world of Sanctuary. Instead of being separated by Acts, the games take place in a huge open world of new and familiar locations. The player must gather clues to the whereabouts of Hell's lieutenants, what their plans are and where they're hiding as they attempt to infect mankind with their corrupting influence. Several clues must be assembled before the way is shown to a Boss's lair which would be a randomly generated dungeon. Once the boss is defeated, he may drop higher rank clues to higher ranked bosses ultimately leading to story clues that reveal the way to the prime evils.

The player starts by selecting one of the original Diablo classes to play as an operative of the Horadrim. The Warrior, the Rogue or the Mage. During the storyline, the other 2 will become available as companions and alternate characters. This means you'll be able to start as a warrior, enlist the aid of a rogue or mage, play as all 3 classes with 1 or 2 of the others serving as companions. The player should be able to switch between these characters in the field, in multiplayer these companions will simply be controlled by other players. What this does is allow the player to build his companions to support each other as well as play through all classes of the game at once. Further along in the story or through expansions, other Diablo characters become available.

The combat system in Diablo IV should take it's cues from Shadow of Mordor with every fight being a challenge and no content feeling trivial. I feel like Diablo required the player to exercise caution and patience while all Diablo 2 and 3 characters just seemed like AOE spamming powerhouses. The nemesis system of SoM could also be implemented with the Boss demons having unique strengths and weaknesses that made combat with them more challenging. I'm not saying the gameplay should be a direct copy from SoM, but should be inspired by it and developed along the same lines. And not just sword combat, magic combat would also be a system of combos where would could chain together fire, ice and lightning attacks to create unique effects. Like start with a ice bolt to freeze a target, hit it with a fire bolt to create a cloud of steam and then hit with a lightning bolt to create an AOE damage storm cloud.

Players could choose to play the game solo or allow friends to drop in and assume control of a companion or all play as the same class. Gathering higher level clues would be a lot easier in multiplayer, more challenging and more rewarding. The loot system would be similar to previous games but with more of a focus on collecting materials to craft into better equipment or upgrade existing weapons and armor.

A unique feature would be the unpredictable nature of uncovering evil. You may find after gathering enough clues about a Lieutenant of Hell that the amiable village you visited a few days ago had actually been corrupted by a Demon and now needed to be purged as the villagers become horrific monsters to defeat. The main storyline would have you intern Mephisto among the Zakaruum, defeat Baal and imprison him with the sacrifice of Tal Rasha who would be a story NPC up until that point. The story would of course lead up to the Discovery of Diablo in Tristram and the events which happened there in Diablo 1.

I know this is a long post and thank you for reading this far. If you would like to expand on my ideas or add some ideas of your own please comment. I don't need to be told my posts are TLDR or trolled for my ideas so please refrain from doing so, this isn't a Steam forum, we aren't a bunch of ruthless ignorant savages here.
11/09/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Freedom40oz2
The combat system in Diablo IV should take it's cues from Shadow of Mordor with every fight being a challenge and no content feeling trivial. I feel like Diablo required the player to exercise caution and patience while all Diablo 2 and 3 characters just seemed like AOE spamming powerhouses.

No. You and Blizzard need to stop changing Diablo.
I was thinking of something similar.

Except, it takes place after diablo 4.

We would play a Horadrim, with angels, demons, and nephalim as three competing forces that we would have to battle.

Could be interesting.
don't give these !@#$ bags ideas they'll just take scraps, forget about you or the community and throw it on a tablet
Maybe store evil in the loot boxes they would sell.
11/09/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Seeders
11/09/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Freedom40oz2
The combat system in Diablo IV should take it's cues from Shadow of Mordor with every fight being a challenge and no content feeling trivial. I feel like Diablo required the player to exercise caution and patience while all Diablo 2 and 3 characters just seemed like AOE spamming powerhouses.

No. You and Blizzard need to stop changing Diablo.

I haven't changed Diablo!

Honestly combat in the first Diablo was great and Shadow of Mordor combat is the natural evolution of it's design.

Since Diablo 2, every character just spams AOEs, this is especially the case in Diablo 3.
11/09/2018 06:57 PMPosted by zagadka
Maybe store evil in the loot boxes they would sell.

Lol!
11/09/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Exiled
I was thinking of something similar.

Except, it takes place after diablo 4.

We would play a Horadrim, with angels, demons, and nephalim as three competing forces that we would have to battle.

Could be interesting.

That would be cool, it would be neat playing the Demons side and just spamming unlimited fodder at the Nephalem hero until he ran out of potions
A) shadow of mordor sucked (imo)
2) games were you have to switch characters on the fly are terrible and generally don't do well.
C) Diablo 2 already had a system were bosses had immunity to certian elemental damage depending on the difficulty.
3) Diablo is an ARPG hack and slash these types of games don't need complex stories about actually having to look for clues.
E) it sounds like you just want another SoM game.
5) Why don't you just play SoM it already is SoM.
G) Frankly i would not want to play diablo scooby doo running around looking for clues.
11/09/2018 10:38 PMPosted by AmbushBob
2) games were you have to switch characters on the fly are terrible and generally don't do well.
C) Diablo 2 already had a system were bosses had immunity to certian elemental damage depending on the difficulty.
3) Diablo is an ARPG hack and slash these types of games don't need complex stories about actually having to look for clues.
G) Frankly i would not want to play diablo scooby doo running around looking for clues.

Man the alphabet changed so much
11/09/2018 10:38 PMPosted by AmbushBob

I'm not saying it has to be exactly like Shadow of Mordor, I'm just using that as an example for how I think the combat should be to help people visualize. Plus, Shadow of Mordor didn't suck, the combat was awesome.

You don't have to switch characters on the fly, but you'd be able to, or not, it's not a super important addition I just thought it would be cool.

Bosses in Diablo 2 and 3 are completely trivial and regardless of their resistances to whatever require no special tactics to defeat. You kill the bosses the same way you kill everything else, spam AOEs.

Diablo already features a system like the clue system I'm talking about. You have to find certain drops to open portals to certain content, like the cow level or the Heretic's abode.

It's fine if you don't like my ideas, but none of my ideas are an insult directed at you so I don't understand why they made you so butthurt.