Seasonal Limited Legendary

General Discussion
I always thought it would be cool if each season had "limited time only" items. Like some sort of extremely rare super prize that only a handful of people a season can obtain.

What would also be cool, unlike a lot of stonger items, you could trade these as much as you want with no restrictions, I feel like this could add some intrigue into what is currently for all purposes a single player economy.

It doesn't need to be extremely complicated, an item a season would do, rinse and repeat. Imagine how excited you would be, if you were one of those five or so people that was able to get it, knowing that the chances are so stacked against you.
Limited time stuff is what made me stop playing wow.

Nothings better than finding something awesome in the game only to realize you had to log in 2 years ago to get it...
Hm sounds like an idea. Especially cause there is not much of a reason to play seasons right now. Unless you still have not gotten stash tabs and/or transmogs etc.

However, I wished they would update the current legendaries, so it could open up for more "meta" builds.
Like Chakram for Dh or Elemental Arrow build. And so forth.

Some people have even gotten further to actual make visual guides, for example for Barbarians new builds.
When seasons were new for this game, blizzard added newer items or items effects that were only obtainable via season, at least until said season ended, then the item would be added to non-season loot table as well. This wasn't received well, especially among non-season players who felt left out of potential builds.

11/17/2018 10:19 AMPosted by zSnakez
It doesn't need to be extremely complicated, an item a season would do, rinse and repeat. Imagine how excited you would be, if you were one of those five or so people that was able to get it, knowing that the chances are so stacked against you.

I wouldn't be excited by that at all. Only more annoyed with each passing try, kind of the reason I don't even bother farming the rainbow gobs for the wings, because it would only annoy the crap out of me.
I remember when the rorg bounty ring was first implemented, I ran probably over 150 act 1 bounties before I finally got it. And I can say without a doubt that the experience certainly wasn't exciting by a longshot.
this is a terrible idea it think, the game is in a bad enough state already without adding more things to grind and rerun for

they give you wings or a pet, if you want to show you have done a season just use them
11/17/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Buckles
Limited time stuff is what made me stop playing wow.

Same here. I hate limited time items in video games, and those played a big part in me quitting WoW. I should be the one who decides when I play or not play a video game I've purchased. The game designers shouldn't be twisting my arm in order to keep me playing like every week of the year as if my life was supposed to rotate around the game.

Yes, there are limited time items in D3 seasons already, but they are purely cosmetic (pets, pennants, portraits, wings) and don't really offer anything special or particularly related to gameplay.