ONE change to balance them all (Legacy of Nightmares)

General Discussion
LoN will never be viable for more than let's say 2-3 builds because of overpowered legendary items with high skill damage modifiers.

There will be LoN Spirit Barrage and some LoN Crusader builds. That's probably it.

They cannot balance LoN as long as there are super strong item combinations for specific classes while other classes have none.

The idea is to change the functionality of Legacy of Nightmares from

"While this is your only Item Set bonus every Ancient item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by XXX% and reduces your damage taken by 4%."

to

"While this is your only Item Set bonus and you wear at least one Ancient item, the bonus damage from items dealt by all of your skills is set to the sum of +XXX% for every Ancient item you have equipped and your other damage modifiers from items are being ignored.* Every Ancient item equipped does also reduces your damage taken by 4%."

* When this Set bonus is active, there should be an additional line for other equipped items' descriptions that their bonus is currently disabled.

INFO: NOT THE LEGENDARY EFFECTS ARE DISABLED, ONLY THE DAMAGE MODIFIER PARTS!!!

Goal is to get rid of overpowered modifiers like +500% HotA damage when using LoN, so LoN can give an enormous bonus damage to ALL skills. Therefore you will have a choice again. Please think about before downvoting. With LoN 2.0 active, you practically got rid of sets when the bonus from LoN is good enough. Isn't this what we want?
Wait, what?

You want LoN to do more damage, but not be able to use the unique abilities of the legendaries you have equipped? And all other multipliers are ignored? I thought about it and, that would ruin LoN.
11/20/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Cybah
Down vote bots detected

Nah, just people downvoting a bad idea.
11/20/2018 11:06 PMPosted by DOA
Wait, what?

You want LoN to do more damage, but not be able to use the unique abilities of the legendaries you have equipped? And all other multipliers are ignored? I thought about it and, that would ruin LoN.

WRONG!

PEOPLE, WHERE did I say it disables legendary effects? It ONLY disables the damage modifier of items.

When a bracer lets say give more fury and more damage, it will still give more fury when equipped with LoN active.

Stop down voting for not understanding the idea.
Sometimes people give downvotes just to be trolls.

Sometimes people give downvotes to really bad ideas.

Sometimes, if they get lucky, people can do both with just one downvote.
Nobody here said why it's a bad idea. Because it isn't. LoN is not usable for many builds because of +500% items. That's a FACT. Why don't you get it?

Have fun with LoN enabling 2-3 additional builds instead of 20-30.

Blows my mind. Diablo3 is getting the state it deserves. With such a player base. OMG. I'm out of this troll cage.
So basically, Lon would take the Etched Sigil mechanic, and instead of the Etched giving 150% damage increase, that 150% is multiplied onto LoN. So LoN will have like all the max multipliers. So straight 50% from COE, Etched 150%, 900% from the boots, 400% from the staff, 300% from Deathwish, 100% from Eternal Walk set. 1.5 X 2.5 X 10 X 5 X 4 X 2. 1500 times. So 1,500,000% damage increase, but damage multipliers on items no longer work. That would be cool. That "Chance to shoot a frozen Orb" would have the punch of a meteor hit.

Problem is pain enhancer and Toixin gems etc would be massively OP. They would have to have their damage removed to make it skill based.

The thing is, it will not happen because they don't want build diversity because it's a nightmare to balance. Can you imagine the WD SB build might be stupidly deadly. And then other broken item combinations might turn up creating mass lag or God knows what. They aren't willing to risk it. AND the work involved would be a nightmare compared to changing a number in a file from 150 to 350.
11/21/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Steve
LoN will have like all the max multipliers. So straight 50% from COE, Etched 150%, 900% from the boots, 400% from the staff, 300% from Deathwish, 100% from Eternal Walk set. 1.5 X 2.5 X 10 X 5 X 4 X 2. 1500 times. So 1,500,000% damage increase

No, he's saying the damage is increased by the LoN value.

Let's say LoN gives +200% damage.
- 1 ancient equipped = 200% damage
- 2 ancients = 400% damage
- 3 ancients = 600% damage
- 13 ancients = 2600% damage

This damage, though, does not stack with other damage multipliers present in legendary powers.

Let's take the Sky Splitter as an example:
- 20% chance to Smite enemies for 600-750% weapon damage as Lightning when you hit them

You still have the chance to smite, but the damage will no longer be 750% * 2600%, it will just be 2600%
11/21/2018 01:30 AMPosted by Deus
11/21/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Steve
LoN will have like all the max multipliers. So straight 50% from COE, Etched 150%, 900% from the boots, 400% from the staff, 300% from Deathwish, 100% from Eternal Walk set. 1.5 X 2.5 X 10 X 5 X 4 X 2. 1500 times. So 1,500,000% damage increase

[/quote]

Yes but to be viable, it will be:

1 ancient equipped = 115,385% damage
13 ancients = 1,500,000% damage

Oops I forgot to factor in the X 30 from Tal.

1 ancient = 3,500,000% damage.
13 ancients = 45,000,000% damage roughly.

But Tal Rasha would still have the 4 meteors every 8 seconds which isn't factored in but I think it wouldn't make that big of a difference. Tal would still be better but only by 2 meteor every 2 seconds. Not major.
11/21/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Steve
Yes but to be viable, it will be
Oh, Sorry, I didn't understand your first post, then :P
11/21/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Steve
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes but to be viable, it will be:

1 ancient equipped = 115,385% damage
13 ancients = 1,500,000% damage

Oops I forgot to factor in the X 30 from Tal.

1 ancient = 3,500,000% damage.
13 ancients = 45,000,000% damage roughly.

But Tal Rasha would still have the 4 meteors every 8 seconds which isn't factored in but I think it wouldn't make that big of a difference. Tal would still be better but only by 2 meteor every 2 seconds. Not major.

You can't have Tal and Lon at the same time....