Code Name: Fenris

General Discussion
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/21/diablo-4-reportedly-in-development-under-code-name-fenris

Well, according to this, there's supposed to be an expansion after Reaper of Souls, but it was cancelled, and even a mysterious project called Hades, cancelled of course.

Now, D4 is code name Fenris...And the release maybe will be on 2020 or later.

Guys, what do you think about all this?
meh,
I think nothing. Diablo 3 before being launched had 2 versions cancelled before the final one, it means that we are looking just for an possible game or nada. Speculations my boy, just that.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/21/diablo-4-reportedly-in-development-under-code-name-fenris
I don't believe in such fairy tales
D4 is in developement, the people who don't believe it are just here to complain because they can't turn the page on the last blizzcon... they just don't want to lose their #1 reason to be upset.
11/21/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Imperius
D4 is in developement, the people who don't believe it are just here to complain because they can't turn the page on the last blizzcon... they just don't want to lose their #1 reason to be upset.

even if it was there's no reason to buy it. the creativity and passion for the best quality product is long gone at this company it's all about (((money))) getting it at the laziest way
Any confirmation that D4 isn t DiabloImmoral ?
Code Name: Damage Control
thats pure damage control, none of it is true.
I have no problems believing these claims, I have huge problems believing they finally understand how to build ARPGs.
1. If they cut D3 expacs, that's sad.

2. If they are reusing cut D3 expacs for D4, that's sad.

Don't pull a bethesda, make a new game from scratch, not a diablo-76.
You know what was also in development?

Starcraft: Ghost
Diablo 3 (which was remade into AH simulator)
Titan

There's no reason to be hyped for anything. Because we have no idea what will come out on the other side, if it comes out.
Seriously, I think this whole situation has been blown out of proportion... Yes, D:I is a bad idea, but who cares? There will definitely be a D4 on PC. It's been a month now and the crying just gets old... Tons of journalists have made articles citing Blizzard employees about Diablo 4 and their articles repeate the same set of facts with different quotes from different sources...

Sure, the quotes are anonymous, but that's normal... People in such a company are on NDA and they'd lose their job if their name was mentioned in an article.
11/21/2018 10:29 PMPosted by ANGRYMARINES
11/21/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Imperius

even if it was there's no reason to buy it. the creativity and passion for the best quality product is long gone at this company it's all about (((money))) getting it at the laziest way

The simple fact that they scraped one iteration of Diablo 4 to start over, because it was not good enough, kinda proves you wrong... Sure D:I is going to be quick cash, but most F2P game are exactly that and they don't affect the quality oftheir other projects... It's not the same team that works on D:I and D4.
11/22/2018 02:34 AMPosted by Imperius
11/21/2018 10:29 PMPosted by ANGRYMARINES

The simple fact that they scraped one iteration of Diablo 4 to start over, because it was not good enough, kinda proves you wrong... Sure D:I is going to be quick cash, but most F2P game are exactly that and they don't affect the quality oftheir other projects... It's not the same team that works on D:I and D4.

Except that was the case for D3 and look what we got instead. They cut one idea and we got an AH simulator along a ton of other issues
nah...thanks.... too little too late.. just here to piss on blizz
Basically "Meh, I don't care. No matter what it is, it will be too little too late." I won't be buying it. I've already removed all Blizzard content from my computer. The only way I will ever buy anything from Blizzard again is if there is a *drastic* shift in the company and how things are done.
I should play Blizzard products again because they once thought about making content and they cancelled it because it wasn't good enough?

They did it all for me??? Good guy Blizzard IMO.

On the hype train again! Choo Choo!!!
I'll believe it when I see it released. We saw how D3 looked when they first revealed it compared to the final product. One was a lot different than the other.

I'm not going to bother reading speculation and rumours. I'll wait until it's released and see how it pans out after 6 months - 1yr to see how patches change it from what it is at release.