Non isometric camera will bury the series.

General Discussion
11/27/2018 07:00 PMPosted by SirSmokes
11/27/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Seeders

Enlighten us.
Well, in D1 when you went down levels in the cathedral enemies and players could kill you. You would drop all your loot and gold and items even the stuff equipped. You could try to make your way back to your gear and get it, but you would lose it if you could not. It was lost if you left the game. Well in Dark Souls when you beat enemy's you get souls or XP and money. When you die in souls you drop your souls and you have to go back to were you die to get them back. If you die on the way too bad there gone your screwed. On top of that you have people trying to break in to your world to gank your !@#. Hell Dark Souls is dark fantasy like Diablo.

And that doesn’t even begin to cover how aesthetically and tonally aligned they are. Plus, they are similarly paced with danger of what might be behind every door. The Capra Demon may as well yell “Ahhh, fresh meat!” when you walk in.

If D1 was first made in the modern era, I feel it would look quite a bit like Dark Souls.
11/27/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Shred
11/27/2018 07:00 PMPosted by SirSmokes
...Well, in D1 when you went down levels in the cathedral enemies and players could kill you. You would drop all your loot and gold and items even the stuff equipped. You could try to make your way back to your gear and get it, but you would lose it if you could not. It was lost if you left the game. Well in Dark Souls when you beat enemy's you get souls or XP and money. When you die in souls you drop your souls and you have to go back to were you die to get them back. If you die on the way too bad there gone your screwed. On top of that you have people trying to break in to your world to gank your !@#. Hell Dark Souls is dark fantasy like Diablo.

And that doesn’t even begin to cover how aesthetically and tonally aligned they are. Plus, they are similarly paced with danger of what might be behind every door. The Capra Demon may as well yell “Ahhh, fresh meat!” when you walk in.

If D1 was first made in the modern era, I feel it would look quite a bit like Dark Souls.
Yup! Damn Capra Demon and his stupid zombie dogs:p
...only isometric camera. Blizzard please do not force any "new technology" in game becasue there is nothing to invent.
the GOW, dark soul soul view is okay if it is just a single player game. But they are awful for MP.

An isometricish perpective provide a better overall field of play that is better for MP.
11/27/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Kiadaw
the GOW, dark soul soul view is okay if it is just a single player game. But they are awful for MP.

An isometricish perpective provide a better overall field of play that is better for MP.
NO!!!!! PvP and multiplayer is king in Dark Souls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIbKLzel1aQ Ganking nubs is all part of Dark Souls experience. Nothing more fun then have tons of souls on you near a and boss some A hole invades your game try to kill you screwing your progress. You could lose hours of souls farming and have to do it over and you just want to get to that boss. So your looking like a mad man for white souls sign to get help.
As much as I like the Souls games, I agree that isometric view is part of the Diablo core identity and shouldn't be changed, just like they should never have departed from the dark gothic aesthetic.

If they want to get inspiration from the Souls games, there are a lot of things they should look at before the camera angle (character building with meaningful point allocation, the way PvP and coop work, the punishing but fair difficulty, etc.) but they should keep the core features of a Diablo game (procedurally generated levels and loot, isometric view, mouse+keyboard controls...)
11/28/2018 12:52 AMPosted by Thorgor
As much as I like the Souls games, I agree that isometric view is part of the Diablo core identity and shouldn't be changed, just like they should never have departed from the dark gothic aesthetic.

If they want to get inspiration from the Souls game, there are a lot of things they should look at before the camera angle (character building with meaningful point allocation, the way PvP and coop work, the punishing but fair difficulty, etc.) but they should keep the core features of a Diablo game (procedurally generated levels and loot, isometric view, mouse+keyboard controls...)
I can so live with that! I am not saying we have to have Diablo Souls. Just saying Blizzard can learn to make a better Diablo if it takes a few lessons from the souls games. By lessons I mean take Diablo back to a D1 style of Diablo.
My dream would’ve been Diablo Souls AND Diablo 4 both separately existing, like how Warcraft has several different genres in the IP.

Alas, it’s not to be. At least not yet. The more Sanctuary, the better for me.
Non isometric?
Sooo ...

Dynasty IVarriors.
11/28/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Audaylon
Non isometric?
Sooo ...

Dynasty IVarriors.

Nah:P That dude got setup hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m-i2f7-p8A
Life long diablo fan here since D1, played D2 for 12 years and played D3 since launch until current. Though I love the way diablo currently is with the camera angle and view, I would not be opposed to a diablo version of bloodborne, because imo bloodborne is one of the greatest games of all time.
I like the idea of a isometric ARPG with difficult and engaging game play. So not exactly a Souls game but something challenging instead of mindless.
11/28/2018 02:00 PMPosted by nvvr
I like the idea of a isometric ARPG with difficult and engaging game play. So not exactly a Souls game but something challenging instead of mindless.
How are Souls games mindless dare you to try play a Souls game mindless see how far you get;) You will get two feet in that game as far as progress goes.
11/29/2018 05:39 AMPosted by SirSmokes
11/28/2018 02:00 PMPosted by nvvr
How are Souls games mindless dare you to try play a Souls game mindless see how far you get;) You will get two feet in that game as far as progress goes.

He was calling D3 mindless, not Souls
11/29/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Shred
11/29/2018 05:39 AMPosted by SirSmokes
...How are Souls games mindless dare you to try play a Souls game mindless see how far you get;) You will get two feet in that game as far as progress goes.

He was calling D3 mindless, not Souls
Oh my bad. Yea your right even if I enjoy the game. D3 dose not need as much skill to play.
I agree Isometric is Diablo and would be the most familar, but how can a camera angle nobody has seen or tested the game with ruin something? Do I think and over the shoulder or 3rd person angle would be good for the game? No not at all, do I think it could be interesting and I'd hold my judgement till I saw it Yes.
You have to admit, the over-the-shoulder worked well for the Fallout series, which was isometric in Fallout 1,2 & Tactics. I'd be open to trying it for an ARPG. So long as the ARPG is still an ARPG and does not become a 3D shooter.
do you people believe those 'leaks' ? Look there, D4 !!! to forget about the immortal fiasco. There is no D4 in the making, it is just a distraction technique. Ask official blizz if it is true, they will neither comply nor deny. I take these as fake leaks, because they are tied in timing to the fiasco. There wont be any follow up, but you are expected to forget about immortal title. You all have phones, right ? I dont buy this sheeit. If anything, these are official leaks to lead your attention away from them into your own fantasy for a while to forget that thing. Politicians do this on a daily basis, so do you think they dont ? xD
So you are auggesting we talk about a game we want nothing to do with instead? Might as well ask us to discuss the marriage life if some washed up celebrity struggling to get noticed again.
11/29/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
So you are auggesting we talk about a game we want nothing to do with instead? Might as well ask us to discuss the marriage life if some washed up celebrity struggling to get noticed again.

I do wonder how productive this talk will be. Propaganda manipulation techniques are not something that I like seeing from people I'd expect something good out of. Well, if you dont let blizz feel your dissatisfaction and a lack of proper direction, I think it would be more productive. They are a corporate entity after all. Fake leaks are a low and they should be called out about it. Do you like it when somebody is lying to you ? But it is unofficial, yes jsut like on propaganda channels 'anonymous sources' this time, no longer employed sources. Blizz can deny happily and nothing happens. Fake Leaks give Fake hopes.