PTR Balance Concerns

Console Discussion
I'm intrigued that no one in here is talking about the fact that if the numbers in the PTR for 6 pc bonuses are simply ported to console, than Twister Wizards will be even more grossly overpowered than they are now.

The present patch notes say the 6pc bonus is being buffed from 3800% to 8500%, can you imagine what that's going to do to the Twister build. They'll be 10+ GRs higher most likely and probably be able to clear the 150 max. Maybe that's the way y'all want it ?
a. The numbers may change based on dev analysis of ptr

2. What’s the concern if a legit build can do that when there are non-legit cases doing it already and there’s no regulation for fair console leaderboards

iii. Maybe the voices have become weary from shouting into the wind

Or maybe ppl are still recovering from thanksgiving
Well the thing is Twister wiz isn't as OP on PC. Even though we get the same updates PC is the what the devs focus. if im not mistaken the twisters cant bounce off walls on PC and they cant channel while they're casting twisters.

That being said..... why not try out another wiz build?? Star pact builds use Deathwish and the fact u can channel and cast at the same time they're might be a bad !@#$ build u put together. Im not much of a wiz guy so the channeling and casting at the same time might not be relevent in other Deathwish wiz builds.....

Aslo that's not going to put the Twister wiz clearing GR150 or 10 GRs higher. And incraese from 3800% to 8500% is a 2.24X multiplier which isn't 10 GRs higher. No offense but it sounds like u don't know much about high end GR pushing and shouldn't make bold statements...

Kind of reminds me how WW barbs were going to be plowing through GR125+ during Season 12 and was gonna make the game broken, so it got nerfed because before it went live because it was way too OP lmao......

Luckily we can see PC players D3 lineup and the ones making the fusses and bold statements cant get over GR80 on their Seasonal character lmao....
a. The numbers may change based on dev analysis of ptr

2. What’s the concern if a legit build can do that when there are non-legit cases doing it already and there’s no regulation for fair console leaderboards

iii. Maybe the voices have become weary from shouting into the wind

Or maybe ppl are still recovering from thanksgiving

Lol this is what concerns me..... devs have shown in the past how much knowledge they have lol. Balancing out the sets by the PTR has always been dumb because the casuals always go into hysterics if someone pushes a high GR in the PTR..... not realizing they have like over 5k paragons with fully augmented primals with like 130 gems. Then a nerf happens because something wasn't working as intended or Blizz felt it was a little too OP....... then when it goes live its underperforming lol.

Honestly ive also seen less trolls and whiners in the PTR feedback (haven't checked today) so hopefully we get at least what we're getting..... though it sounds like a some sets need a little more damage buff or the damage reduction or toughness from a set bonus need a little boost.
@spinningfury

You are so spot on for this matter... remember before the big buffs happen... where every class is suppose to match necro than came along Cru who has 5K paragon doing bless shield BS topping the chart … BS was nerf so hard & condem got a better buff well the cru stop/never pushing condem & so you can see this build still exist today.

Next Necro doing PTR was almost 10 GR behind than any class so necro got buffs still LOL but Blizz never saw that the current necro on season is doing WAY MORE damage & on Par on almost class buff (that necro doing seasons has not been buff yet)

It really question Blizz does these things at times... I can never question balance about D3 because it is very hard in the first place because the structure of D3 is bad to begin with... but can it be done?? YES it can be done but need time & effort & passion overtime.

I have no doubt Blizz understand class to begin with... yes they came out with class builds & skills/pasive (dun get me wrong) but in terms of progessing really further into the game they seems to lost their focus or passion.

So why not let the Pros does that btw... some players played 24/7 they truely understand builds/class more than anyone so I would really consider their advice on builds....

Not all players want a build to run GR150 so blizz playing with numbers will not get you far since it is just a number game to begin with after finally all builds can run GR150 maybe a couple of years/months than what is next??? Increase to GR200??? what fans/players want is more of progression so if a fan who like heaven's fury skill or shield bash (they can play 10 years with those two skills but sadly there is not a place for them unless they switch to condem lvl up themself than go back Gr100 with better Paragons or Lgems or just go Co Op play 90% of the time there than come back later)

Why dun just rework on the problem so that player can progress instead of switch to condem or play Co Op which really makes no sense but hey that is the better way to progress further... does that player wants shield bash or haven fury to top the LB or compete with condem... I dun think so but at least a light is shed onto them so they can progress better with what they are doing...

That being said I think I am done with D3 since it is just a number game so now I do GR10 great ... S16 I can further myself with GR15 maybe few years later I can do GR50 with doing the same thing over & over again with just numbers LOL

I am going to POE will I have fun there I dun know seriously but I know there are many builds there still left unexplored so maybe I can find a decent shield bash or heaven fury type build... I dun know if it is the best build there but I sure know if a player dedicate themselves & passion there it could be done with their skills tree :) hopefully

Have fun guys/gals as usual hopefully S16 may the RNG gods shine upon you if anyone is running or playing :)
I'm not concerned yet...because it is only the first wave of PTR and the numbers always get tuned...let us see what the final numbers end up being...but if it is a serious buff to DMO then indeed ratrns will be dead on console and two Twister Wizards + 2 Supports will be the speedfarming Paragon meta on Console.
@Teresa lol yah i forgot about the Necro during the PTR holding back on purpose. The Season top clear was already higher and less paragons lmao. Matter of fact i think thats the Necro that pushed the 118 with his WW barb lol.

Its simple, instead of focusing on PTR data why not just look at the current top clears lol...... why do u think barbs haven't been able to DPS in 4 man in many years??? Hell we're the only class that has a completly useless/unused set bonus, the 2 piece Waste bonus that buffs Rend is not even worth discussing. Barb community been requesting more legendaries to go with the WW set, we get Lamentation belt that makes Rend stack twice. Yah thats great but we cant drop Pride of Cassius because perma 50% damage reduction and over 5k life per fury spent is far too precious to drop. Then they give us Saffron Wraps with buffs Overpower that reflects melee damage to attackers..... once again, that great but we cant drop PoC because that damage reduction and LpFs is too. To top it off Rend is DoT and DoT's benefit better from 2h than DW. Stick some Rend damage on Skorn and we throw that in the cube or hell equip the Skorn and have a 2h WW build lol........

Maaaaan PoE coming out is gonna be the s**t. Been wanting to play that for ages.

Im almost tempted for S16 because of the Generator Monk buff. Theres actully 2 other viable Genreator Builds i tested besides Cripping Wave/Mangle that i tested and got them both within 1 GR of CW/Mangle... never took Seasons too serious but when some people get disrespectful because ur talking about a non meta build and even have the nerve to ask if im a newb to the Barb class lmao.... it feels kind of good making them eat their words by being the only top 5 person on the LB with a non meta for 3 weeks now lol. Just hope to keep it lol.......

Reminds me of the time everyone said WW was impossible on T6 on the PS3 version because of the WW nerf when RoS dropped......... well i proved that point wrong and even have a guide thats buried on the Gamefaqs PS3 board of RoS lol.
11/26/2018 11:51 PMPosted by homerjnick
I'm not concerned yet...because it is only the first wave of PTR and the numbers always get tuned...let us see what the final numbers end up being...but if it is a serious buff to DMO then indeed ratrns will be dead on console and two Twister Wizards + 2 Supports will be the speedfarming Paragon meta on Console.

Not a bad thing.... i like rats and they're fun but some peolple have a hard time playing with people becuase they don't have a meta or rat ran character. Support Sader and Support barb can buff speed. I even seen a YT video of a 115 clear in 5 minutes or so with a Vile Charger barb, DH and i forgot what else. Who knows maybe there will be some non meta, but still respectable and efficient speed builds for S16???

As long as console keeps being treated like an illegitimate love child... DMO will be powerful and console wont be short wizard players.
yup good old days on PS3 I was the only DH that runs T6 without 3socket or mods drop turrets run away or run circles... damn proud of my 2socket mandicore till this date it is still in my storage … DH was the only class I played nothing else till ROS Cru become my second class I ever played

Rolands after YEARS & YEARS DR is still not 75% it is a melee class since you played barb you should understand we need more defense since we are charging in the front lines

The game that really impress me is Wolcen but need time to launch & furthermore coming to consoles will take more time... the skill tree is so impressive I am lost of words (the new Era of skill settings you can be any build & for once it is a skill type that is your own individual settings)

At least POE got content I dun think anyone has really fully explore the world because new content keeps adding up so no time LOL & most important solo can be achieve to end game unlike D3 running solo doing GR100 with 120Lgems really two different worlds :p & I can start a solo self found SSF so I can stop hearing players asking for Plvl nonsense
Ahhh man the 2 socket Manticore is old school, the "my sheet DPS is higher than yours" era..... Skywarden was also 2 socket on vanilla too and i was running that with my WW barb before i found my rare Doom Hammer that woudl've blown Skorn WW out the park if i woudl've completed my build. I was the only 2h spinner that could farm M5 that me or anybody else seen.

Ive been a Barbro or Baba since the classic D2 days and always like 2h maul/mace WW barb. From Martel Del Fer, to Thunder Maul, to Doom Hammer...... theres no endgame 2h WW build right now lol..

Lol 120 gems???? Try 140 gems lol..... been a few Seasons since i did over 125+ with 4 man, but is was practically fishing after that. Plus most people that play that high take this game too serious and get butt hurt quickly. Lol they act like they have their mortgage payment on the poker table.

Yah i heard good things about Wolcen too..... but PoE is the 1 i want to try out. Dam though i wanted to always come back as a Monk if they ever buffed the Generator build. Once again "i don't know what im talking about" when i said CW/Mangle isn't the only generator build that can push lol. Then again just see, i asked if they heard of Devlok they said no, or why the Way of the Hundred Fist/Fist of Fury rune is used in the Neph Glory build and they said because its on the LB lol...... FoF has a high proc rate and procs things that has proc coefficients lmao.
yup running LB competitive is broken because the rules are never right to begin with I love competitive dun get me wrong but if it is wrong to begin with so why bother...

My small group came out with this details so we can actually run with one another to determine who understand builds better... we will not run 120GR due to the cap restriction so some might say we are only casual or do not know how to play D3... Correction because if you want to compete LB being Cru sorry ONLY condem if numbers game is involve so you are determine by Co Op partners more paragon more augments etc...

Strip all of that 0 augments/Cap Paragon800 No Co Op GR … now your only progression is play play play & focus on your build... We are a small group who still play other stuff so anyone can catch up because 0augments/Cap P800 so just go crazy hell some might say playing condem rank 1 has the best knowledge of Cru... well do that with Rolands with just a GR100 I can assure you (my mate play that & sent a video to us) IMO that is one of the best crusader gameplay I have ever seen... yes it is only GR100 I challenge anyone here go play that with P800 0augments 3xLgems all only at 100... I did challenge that with GR95 I cannot even survive once elites pack come in a pack of two or more... I believe my Rolands understanding is quite good when my mate told me he can do GR100 I call BS till I see his gameplay... I thought he is playing shimizu build cause his whole grift/ health low/pop AC like no tomorrow... indestructible also pop... there is a story behind that clear too... at least 150x keys to farm for that rift & RG LOL

I believe because he is playing 24/7 just on rolands so his understanding is deeper since cap he only can further till he try & try again... whereas if playing Co Op that bar is rise with Paragon & extra Levels of Lgem & furthermore augments...
Casual guy: zomg the 6kpg 140 aug doing gr 140 solo impale so op plz nerf.

Blizzard dev: impale no longer shoot twice and does only 50% increase damage. Thenot sends it live.

Casual guy: zomg I can't pass gr 60 on my impale dh pg 2k plz buffZ.

Blizzard dev: .......

That is the sum of alot these casual 800 pg people that has no clue with math and high end gaming But qq alot .
I'll personally be pushing star pact this season on console no matter what happens, i wont rely on the devs to create fun, ill make it myself.

Right now if they dont nerf tal rasha set i think it could compete with twister since in season 14 i did GR125 4 man with star pact (paragon 1300-1400 ish) and tried DMO twister after with only a few gr difference.
Star Pact? You literally can't play that on console due to targetting issues hence why it is never on the leaderboards but fair play if you stick it out but alas you are competing with a broken build in the Twister Wizard.
11/28/2018 02:23 PMPosted by homerjnick
Star Pact? You literally can't play that on console due to targetting issues hence why it is never on the leaderboards but fair play if you stick it out but alas you are competing with a broken build in the Twister Wizard.

i've never had any problem with targetting? only problem i've had is bad connection making the rotation horrible but it can easily be fixed. If you want proof of it working i have videos and screenshot of GR110 to 125.

I've had multiple people try and fail on console to play star pact but once you get the hang of it it's actually quite easy because of the lag of monsters on console, instead of a 2 second window there's a delay making it around 3-4 seconds.
11/27/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Lexington
Casual guy: zomg the 6kpg 140 aug doing gr 140 solo impale so op plz nerf.

Blizzard dev: impale no longer shoot twice and does only 50% increase damage. Thenot sends it live.

Casual guy: zomg I can't pass gr 60 on my impale dh pg 2k plz buffZ.

Blizzard dev: .......

That is the sum of alot these casual 800 pg people that has no clue with math and high end gaming But qq alot .

Try this mate veterans crusader playing hammerdin on PTR when Faithful memory was Uncap... it is OP ONLY due to how many trash you get on a GR...

Not saying bad things about Wiz & WD but they are the type of players who comes in to Crusader Class saying it should be cap to 10 stacks due to OP keep in mind SOME Wiz HAS NEVER EVER MADE A CRUSADER CLASS commenting this... this proof how much knowledge they have but there are a lot of them saying for a nerf...

Playing Crusader is not a lot at that time... only few veterans who really know how cru works maybe some played cru but is not vocal on forums … Do we want crusader to be OP.. nope we want a nice build...

Veterans crusader suggest if UNSTACK faithful memory is OP why not change it to 400-600% Flat (faithful memory was 60% per enemies hit at that time) because if stacks were to be counted it will nerf the crusader badly during RG which do not spawn minions... In a actual GR getting stacks 10-30 is very depending on GR fishing whereas even just a 400% flat will make crusader a much better overall build.. this is suggested by crusader who played 24/7 or only played crusader only..

Well till today you can see how Blizz works... Blizz will listen to 100 players who never ever played that class instead of less than 5 players who actually know who the class will properly function :p
I did a GR101 1200p no augment lazy WoL(kyo belt) this season, first time trying the build...it's getting a %50 boost, and it's fast as hell - take away the RoRG (maybe cube an Ess of Johan for grouping) and it will be sick next season. Even using wormhole, a twister wiz can't keep up - you could drop deathwish for aether walker at T13, but that's about it. 4 man speeds will definetly be different.
11/28/2018 04:04 PMPosted by DemHunter
11/28/2018 02:23 PMPosted by homerjnick

i've never had any problem with targetting? only problem i've had is bad connection making the rotation horrible but it can easily be fixed. If you want proof of it working i have videos and screenshot of GR110 to 125.

I've had multiple people try and fail on console to play star pact but once you get the hang of it it's actually quite easy because of the lag of monsters on console, instead of a 2 second window there's a delay making it around 3-4 seconds.

I hope you can hit high on the LB's with Star Pact my friend!
I just realized Twister Wiz is even more broken coming up even if they don't buff the damage - you can wear MoC + witching hour and cube herbgrash's
11/29/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Abandurak
I just realized Twister Wiz is even more broken coming up even if they don't buff the damage - you can wear MoC + witching hour and cube herbgrash's

For solo it might be but in groups it wont do much, as long as the barb brings enough trash you never run out of ressource