Account Silenced/Muted is Dumb Stuff

General Discussion
People seem to like to get anyone and everyone muted for just simple reports sent in... they've done it to me twice now and seems to be a monthly thing

Why don't they just permanently silence instead if that's what they truly want done?!

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
I've never been muted maybe you should be nicer to people but from the looks of your post I think the people muting you were well within their rights.

:)
Never been muted, the key is to not say anything in general/public rift chat to reduce your risk. They are tools out there that abuse the system because it's automated but you can always appeal and a live person can view the logs and remove the silence if they believe it's warranted.
10/19/2018 06:36 AMPosted by LiLmEgZ
10/19/2018 06:00 AMPosted by ScaryTurtle
I've never been muted maybe you should be nicer to people but from the looks of your post I think the people muting you were well within their rights.

:)

Come find me in the game then and then your !@# can report me all you $%^-ing want kiddo

Judging from your responses I'd say the system is working as intended. Maybe a little self reflection is needed.
I added you as a friend LilMegz.
10/19/2018 07:55 AMPosted by MercyKiLLeR
I added you as a friend LilMegz.

48 min ago

lmao, I really did. Don't be bashful now. I have no ill intent other than just running stuff in D3 if you're up for it Lil.
10/19/2018 05:52 AMPosted by LiLmEgZ
Why don't they just permanently silence my !@#$ing %^- instead if that's what they truly want done?!

P.S. Blizzard can !@#$ OFF about this %^-* becuz its retarded

And you wonder why you get muted?
Learn how to behave in public, kid.
The OP doesn't wanna be my friend. Oh well I tried to help.
10/19/2018 06:33 AMPosted by MercyKiLLeR
Never been muted, the key is to not say anything in general/public rift chat to reduce your risk. They are tools out there that abuse the system because it's automated but you can always appeal and a live person can view the logs and remove the silence if they believe it's warranted.

I did just that and they removed the mute... since apparently people are just abusing the report system lately the GMs said
10/19/2018 03:39 PMPosted by LiLmEgZ
I did just that and they removed the mute... since apparently people are just abusing the report system lately the GMs said

They do it all over, even in WOW and there you really HAVE to communicate more often since it's designed highly around group play since derp!! it is a an MMO. XD
Unfortunately getting people muted or banned is the game some people like to play. I've seen it here a few times and in game. They find ways to insult and provoke that don't quite cross the line and then they stick to their target like glue until they get a reportable response. It's pretty sad really. The only thing you can do is set them to ignore.
10/20/2018 06:20 AMPosted by MercyKiLLeR
10/19/2018 03:39 PMPosted by LiLmEgZ

They do it all over, even in WOW and there you really HAVE to communicate more often since it's designed highly around group play since derp!! it is a an MMO. XD

What did I do?!?
10/20/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Kuma
Unfortunately getting people muted or banned is the game some people like to play. I've seen it here a few times and in game. They find ways to insult and provoke that don't quite cross the line and then they stick to their target like glue until they get a reportable response. It's pretty sad really. The only thing you can do is set them to ignore.

Is that the only thing you can do? Have you considered not responding to them at all? Or did they force you to type out ToS violating content?

Stop blaming other people for your bad behavior, dude.
10/20/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Mercury
10/20/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Kuma

Is that the only thing you can do? Have you considered not responding to them at all? Or did they force you to type out ToS violating content?

Stop blaming other people for your bad behavior, dude.

It's the system that places the auto-mute when a certain reports threshold is met in order to silence/mute an a player. Therefore a Blizzard GM MUST review the evidence to remove the silence that was auto-placed by the system. Blizzard GMs do NOT place the silence, the system does.

Here is proof that the system auto does it and not a GM:
Hey there,

I am Game Master Lassirraste, Champion of the Horadrim, Legend of the Nephalem, and the only person to ever solve Kanai's Rubik's cube and I am here to help.

Thank you for contacting me about the silence applied to your DIII account. After a thorough review of the evidence, I have removed the silence and restored full chat functionality to your account.

Above quote shows that people truly are abusing the report systems just to get someone muted.