Good News for Fans.

General Discussion
So While there is no Offical announcement there is some good news for people not aware.

During a Kotaku interview
https://kotaku.com/blizzard-says-it-wasnt-expecting-fans-to-be-this-angry-1830204721

They did release some good tidbits of news.

1. There are 2 Diablo teams currently existing.

Team A: Working on the Main Franchise
Team B: Working on the Mobile Franchise.

Which does mean the announcement was work based on what Team B was doing.

2. There is still more than 1 announced project.

Which means if team B was working on Immortal it is almost certain Team A is working on Diablo 4 and quite likely further content for Diablo 3.

Which could mean there maybe even another small DLC ( Necromancer ) coming for D3 next year winter.

Which would put Diablo 4 likely 2 years from now.
Too late. The damage is done, and I'm tired of dealing with Activision.

They can't seem to get anything right with Blizzard anymore. Just take a look at how they've butchered WoW.

The fact that they released a mobile game isn't the point. Their blatant disconnect from their fans is the problem, and it isn't going to magically go away overnight.
At this point even if they announce the most godlike diablo game id be like .. meh
Just typical PR speak from shills that are as clueless as Blizzard.
1 ) Don't link online articles by fake journalists like Kotaku (they get paid when you do that).

2 ) If the Diablo team really thinks a reskinned mobile game is a great idea, what do you think they're going to do to the main game? They don't know what HoZ was after all.

3) Are you serious? Another DLC character for D3 is enough to keep you pacified? PATHETIC.
I'm sure they expected the backlash, but underestimated the proportion. Kinda like how EA probably expected Battlefront 2's lootboxes to be met with backlash, but completely underestimated the extent of it.

There's no way in hell they weren't expecting the backlash. The scary thing is, they deemed it a worthy risk to take. The prospect of uncapped profits mobile offers currently quite literally blindsided them and clouded their judgement.

It's sad, because I still think the platform itself is worth exploring. Not from a profiteering standpoint, but from an innovation perspective. There's so many cool things these machines can do, yet all of it is needlessly obscured by the stigma of unethical business models many crappy developers vomiting crappy apps and games.

Hopefully they've learned to not underestimate the community. Diablo isn't a little obscure franchise, and while it may not be as big as StarWars, we can certainly deliver a bite if taunted.
Also...

>Kotaku
>Not paid journalists to spin articles to promote agendas or propoganda

Pick one.
11/04/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Shadow
Which means if team B was working on Immortal it is almost certain Team A is working on Diablo 4

You do realize that the comic and Netflix series are considered the " main Franchise " right....
11/04/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Agmo
Which means if team B was working on Immortal it is almost certain Team A is working on Diablo 4

You do realize that the comic and Netflix series are considered the " main Franchise " right....

Dont forget the boardgames and new cereal brand man.
Your words are empty. It has no value anymore.

WE WANT TO SEE SOMETHING ABOUT THESE PROJECTS NOT MORE SPECULATIONS!
Sure new PC content coming....SOON tm.

Translation: Di is D4 but after the focus groups negative feedback we better rename it and tell the PC gamers they can expect "something" in years to come.

Yeah that'll work.
So While there is no Offical announcement there is some good news for people not aware.

During a Kotaku interview
https://kotaku.com/blizzard-says-it-wasnt-expecting-fans-to-be-this-angry-1830204721

They did release some good tidbits of news.

1. There are 2 Diablo teams currently existing.

Team A: Working on the Main Franchise
Team B: Working on the Mobile Franchise.

Which does mean the announcement was work based on what Team B was doing.

2. There is still more than 1 announced project.

Which means if team B was working on Immortal it is almost certain Team A is working on Diablo 4 and quite likely further content for Diablo 3.

Which could mean there maybe even another small DLC ( Necromancer ) coming for D3 next year winter.

Which would put Diablo 4 likely 2 years from now.

Here is the thing, Team B should never have been working on a mobile diablo game in the first place, it is nothing more than a drain of revenue that could have been put towards a real diablo project.
11/04/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
I'm sure they expected the backlash, but underestimated the proportion. Kinda like how EA probably expected Battlefront 2's lootboxes to be met with backlash, but completely underestimated the extent of it.

It is likely a case of just bad timing.
You can't keep a project on indefinite hold until D4 is announced.

It is just likely Immortal finished before D4 was in a "production" quality like state.
After all you need to pay all the developers that finished the project, so they can move onto other projects.

11/04/2018 09:55 AMPosted by neo
1 ) Don't link online articles by fake journalists like Kotaku (they get paid when you do that).

One thing they interviewed the developers and was direct quotes. So the disconnect is between you and reality. I am guessing you are one of those people that say,

ALL BAD NEWS IS #FAKENEWS!!!

So we know for a fact - you have no sense of reality. Sorry to break it to you.

11/04/2018 09:55 AMPosted by neo
3) Are you serious? Another DLC character for D3 is enough to keep you pacified? PATHETIC.

I have to be angry in order to be "pacified"
Maybe you just don't know how words or order of things work?
Too late. I dont want a Diablo 4. The only thing I would still be interested in would be a Diablo 2 remastered.
The forges in my house are hot. I too have multiple diablo projects in the works.

See how little those words mean?
oh good - thank god we get the A team

A in this case stands for Absolutely does not care about the community

F
There's a bit of a misconception that seems to be going around. It seems some people (especially those outside the Diablo fanbase) concluded most of our anger is directed at Blizzard because we thought that Diablo 4 is not in the works or is actually a phone game.

That's not really accurate, most of us already knew that Diablo 4 itself may not see any kind of unveiling at blizzcon due to blizzard's post a few weeks back that was meant to quell the hype.

The frustration (mine at least) is due to the fact that after going nearly 2 or more years through a drought with no substantial update for the Diablo franchise, blizzard teased us with a bountiful oasis that would surely quench our thirst. This oasis could've been a major Diablo 3 update, Diablo 1/2 remake, or even just a Diablo 4 logo, it would've quenched this dying thirst with ease. But alas, what we recieved was a field of maggot infested muddied water that was unfit to drink.

Probably a bit on the extreme, but yeah, that's how the unveiling made me feel. Heck, if they had never posted the video that refers to their multiple projects, and unveiled the phone game elsewhere instead at blizzcon as the closer to their opening ceremony, the current firestorm of a backlash wouldn't exist.
A full years work for team B:

ring ring

"Hello China? Make this."

click
Kotalamers already firing the next hype train ? pfft