Forfeit Season Items due to Inactivity? Really??

General Discussion
11/22/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Uchikinawa
By the way playing games is part of real life, because it's not something you do when you're dead (as far as I know anyway). The distinction you make is nonsensical. Playing is real life and thus has to be planned accordingly as everything else. If you can't, don't. It's a universal rule.

Ill be laughing over that one for quite awhile, thanks, thats... a positively brilliant philosophical analysis of gaming vs real life, and everything I expect from the detritus of forum rationale.
2000 D2 - all characters are deleted from the server after 90 days of inactivity. Not just items...the whole account and characters.

If you really want to go "backwards" they could return to the idea of deleting the account for inactivity.

Aaaaaaaaaand, just one last thing before I leave this forum with all the floatsum and jetsum that inhabits it to themselves:

1: D2 was ancient tech, developed back in the 90's, released in 2000, almost two decades ago. Comparing this to modern tech is like comparing apples to oranges.

2: D2 was not all server based anyway

3: I believe that what you are referring to was at the start of the game, and they ended up changing this at some point. I know I had long periods of time that I wasnt playing the game online and never had anything deleted.
11/22/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Radakill
3: I believe that what you are referring to was at the start of the game, and they ended up changing this at some point. I know I had long periods of time that I wasnt playing the game online and never had anything deleted.

No, that has not changed. Accounts that are inactive for 90 days or more on Bnet get flagged and when they run the maintenance script, deleted.

A quick look at the Classic forums will tell you that. Sept 2018
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20768576770#post-2
09/01/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Eloemaz
Wish I had different news for you, that account no longer exist. It has been over 90 days since the last log in.

Many companies don't keep all data forever. It costs money to store so they purge at whatever rate they set for it.
11/19/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Radakill
Hard for me to believe that I lost all (or most of) my work for a season and some pretty decent gear just because I had to leave the game for an extended period of time?

Last time I played was S11, was not able to finish because issues arose that took me away from the game for quite awhile.

Now is this true that I dont even get to collect my S11 gear because of the time lapse?

Really hard to believe a developer would do something like this just because of an unavoidable life intervention.

Thats the entire point of seasons... It gets completely wiped at the start of each new season. If you didnt complete it, you dont get the reward.. If you did complete it, you have a few months to claim it in normal mode..
If season 11 was your last, you didn't lose much.
I believe patch 2.6 hit with season 12. Most legendaries got a huge damage boost. You would have had to farm most of them all over again anyways, as only set items are retroactively updated.

Besides, it doesn't take that long to farm up decent gear. I'm not the best player and I can usually finish guardian level of the season journey
in a couple of weekends.
Who cares? You can get fully geared from scratch in 1 weekend on your own. Hell if you have a friend that is already playing you can get geared up in 2 hours by just having them clear GRifts for you. Diablo 3 is a casual game with limited cookie-cutter builds.
/looks at 'remove only' tab from Breach league in Path of Exile.

Yep, two years later and my items are still there! Take note Activision.