Pet WD is still lackluster in general

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
Please remove firebats from Helltooth set and buff Helltooth as well as Zuni even further. The firebats buff on Helltooth is holding back the set to be a viable pet set. We don't need two firebat sets that play nearly identical.

Zuni is too clunky. See the other thread.

Pet WD in general needs to receive serious buffs. Even with free RoRG buff (which is STRONG for any pet WD since it enables you to use both T&T and Jerams), pets are very lackluster.

--

Some results from 4k paragon wd streamer:

Jade GR 120 first try

HT Pet GR 113 multiple tries (even with free RoRG!)
Agreed, did a 107 GR with Gargs. Pretty mediocre Augments and around 100 gems. And i bascially needed 10ish trys for that. My suggestion: make Pets CC immune (cannot be frozen nor knockbacked etc.). It would still be pretty hard, since gargs easily lose focus on mobile enemies.
If for some reason removing Firebats from HT is to hard maybe buff Mask of Jerams again.
The Helltooth set needs 50% more AS & no cooldown for the pets.
Since Zuni is even squishier, they should reduce the cooldown of the pet skills itself imo.
I think the main reason why pet WD is weak is because of how stupid their AI is in general. If WD can have a way to command their pets like Necro it would be awesome. There are countless times where I tried to avoid mobs and go for elites but my pets just refused to follow me.
They already stated in the past that this is the intended difference between both classes. WD is for lazy people, Necro is for "active" people.

And it looks like they don't want to make the "lazy" playstyle as strong as others.
Spirit barrage should be added to zuni and pets should benefit from ring of emptiness LIKE EVERY OTHER WD SPELLS.
11/22/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Cybah
HT Pet

i run HT Gargs up to Gr118, really one of worst Grift ever, finsihed in Level 8. Started at Gr112 everything first try so far.
Ist not that bad, with fishing there would be a lot more possible, i think 122 or so.
As I said, ist about 8 Tiers behind Jade.

Here the run...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaFkhT91qE8
do you guys think that zuni would be ok if they buff the current numbers of dmg and toughness by doubling them?
i think not...

-they could buff serpent to 60% dmg reduction
-they could add another item like a weapon to buff army and zombie dogs
-they could adjust the runes to be better

that said whats more realistic?

lon pets are also not really that good...
Imo Zuni need a Change of 4pc Bonus.
Additional Buffs for Dagger of Dart and Carnevil.

In General we need a Gargantuan Rune to attack/focus Elite or to focus enemies we attack with Piranhado.

We have the Speed, but Gargs often stand around, or attack everything only not that we want to. Thats just annoying!
Here some T13 Speeds from PTR
https://youtu.be/8OQyv5k7Uro
Fun yes, but inneffective compared with other Builds
some of my ideas, decrease the cooldown on piranhado.... or increase the garg splash/hit radius with cleave, a small bump in damage would help too.

with 3.6mil dmg sheet and 146% area damage, with augments 100-110 on almost all pieces, I was able to do up to about GR102, any higher would take a lot of fishing.

Other classes are breazing through 115 on first try with equivalent gear.
I still think that having a command to attack target for pets would help a huge amount. Other builds have this so why not WD? I would bring the class up to par I think.
11/24/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Nienna
I still think that having a command to attack target for pets would help a huge amount. Other builds have this so why not WD? I would bring the class up to par I think.

I think if they gave Zombie dogs and Garg the same treatment as monk and necro pets where they have passive and active it would go a long way. Also now that pets never die having a long cooldown on re-summon doesn't really make sense.
Please buff Mask of Jeram
11/24/2018 10:42 PMPosted by XelNagaIvan
Please buff Mask of Jeram

Thats an Option too.
There is only one WD pet build and its cold garg. Just give all pets cleave/aoe attack and some kind of active (like necro skeletons) or passive (focusing elites) pet control.

Cold garg ist just retarded and boring to play (and yes - i know how play gargs on high grifts).

Or give us back carnevil or spirit barrage builds.
I'd be cool with making Carnevil viable again. Had a lot of fun with that build.
11/26/2018 03:50 AMPosted by Melancholy
There is only one WD pet build and its cold garg. Just give all pets cleave/aoe attack and some kind of active (like necro skeletons) or passive (focusing elites) pet control.

Cold garg ist just retarded and boring to play (and yes - i know how play gargs on high grifts).

Or give us back carnevil or spirit barrage builds.

i agree that cold garg is overall pretty boring. also, can we please have some differentiation in sets between helltooth and zuni sets?

currently both sets buff the cold garg.. how bout a zuni set bonus that massively buffs fetishes? at least that'd differ from helltooth..
Some hours (?) left… will we see more love for pets? <3