[Skills List] Under-performing builds

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
D3 has tiers of restriction.. First you have to choose a build that falls into a category of sets and Second you have to choose a build within that set that has multiple legendaries with damage buffs.

That's why they can change the sets all they want, but 800% and 600% for meteor means meteor is always going to be at the top. Same with 800% and 800% for condemn. The same goes for WoL monk, HoTA barb, and CA Demon Hunter. All they're doing is making the same builds stronger, not allowing for more diverse gameplay. Gen Monk is honestly the only "different" build I've seen in season 16, but gen monk has been here before.

Please... BUFF INDIVIDUAL ITEMS! here is a list of just a few skills that already have legendaries with properties that either don't have a damage modifier or the modifier just isn't good enough...

Barb:
- Seismic slam
- All Primary skills
- Ancient spear
- Rend

Crusader:
- Blessed Shield
- Fists of Heavens
- Heavens Fury
- Phalanx
- Shield Bash (also been bugged forever, still no fix)

Demon Hunter:
- Primary skills
- Elemental arrow
- Rapid Fire
- Chakram
- Spike Trap (don't think this has any dmg buffs from items)
- Strafe

Monk:
- Tempest rush ( Legs could use rework to make more consistent at the least)
not sure if there are others for monk, don't play the class a lot

Necromancer:
- don't own him, down know!

Witch Doctor:
First off - it'd be nice to know what is a pet and what isn't and to make some better ai for them if lots of sets are based around them! But anyway...

- Primary spells
- Grasp of the Dead
- Sacrifice
- Zombie Charger
- Spirit Barrage (ish)
- Acid Cloud

Wizard:
- Energy twister
- Explosive blast
- Hydra
- Archon
- Disintegrate/arcane torrent/ray of frost

Most of the skills listed ALREADY HAVE LEGENDARIES associated with them, they just need an adjustment to the damage modifier (if they have one at all) and/or a rework to the legendary property itself. If i'm missing anything please add it in.

The set changes are pointless in my mind if nothing about the options of what build or skills to use changes which seems like is the case. I don't know what it would take to add the dmg % in, but I don't imagine it would be that much work. Even if it isn't balanced right away, something is better than nothing in my opinion! I feel like it's almost pointless to spend my time typing all this, but I really want the game to get better. Hopefully it doesn't all just fall on deaf ears.
Agreed. Set bonus increases only magnify the state of existing builds.

Mechanical reworks for some sets would be fantastic, but simply adding damage modifiers to existing legendaries would do wonders.
These basically unused legendaries associated with specific skills do definitely need some tweaking. Added damage modifier might make them at least a little bit more useful.
Absolutely and again, Blizzard, it doesn't need to be perfect, but just add something you think is reasonable and go from there. Please!
Arcane Orb is actually pretty well supported and the channeling spells are part of the meteor builds already. Wizard could really use some love for Signature Spells, Wave of Force, Blizzard, Black Hole, among others.
I would agree, I'll take arcane orb out. In regards to the channeling spells, the idea is that builds can be centered around these. The fact they support a meteor build, well, that's still a meteor build not an arcane torrent build. Does that make sense?
As wd player only jade/arachyr is kinda viable. Every other pet set need buffs
monk: uliana playstyle eg
tr indeed needs a huge buff, in my opinion a classic example for aa two hand build but two hand is damn up as hell. its a channeling build with no support like meteors, i mean, its nearly impossible to do enough dmg during channel, there are some trys with cold rune on high grifts that are ok.
ltk also needs a huge buff, but not dmg wise, def wise. it is definitely better than wol in high grift fron dmg output but you simply die. inna ltk is not playable since you need set boots, crudest boots and the ltk boots. swk set gives not enough def and needs additional item and skillslot(wind). the only reason why gen monk works is the holy good amount of lifereg with the freaking gem. with ltk its nearly impossible to survive.
even wol on live server is not that good compared to crus. crus can use eso gem and dmg output is much higher. the inna set gives a secound option for dmg, the ally button. and the possibility of using rabid strike in the build since with swk set three weapons are set. also wol is a build which mechanic wise should be played with a two hand weapon. shouldn't be underestimated.
Chakram sentries build some seasons ago was so much fun :/ Even the PTR bug when the 2 piece shadow worked with it would not be OP now anymore.
11/28/2018 08:10 AMPosted by eMeRGeD

Wizard:
- Energy twister
- Explosive blast
- Hydra
- Archon
- Disintegrate/arcane torrent/ray of frost

Most of the skills listed ALREADY HAVE LEGENDARIES associated with them, they just need an adjustment to the damage modifier (if they have one at all) and/or a rework to the legendary property itself. If i'm missing anything please add it in.

The set changes are pointless in my mind if nothing about the options of what build or skills to use changes which seems like is the case. I don't know what it would take to add the dmg % in, but I don't imagine it would be that much work. Even if it isn't balanced right away, something is better than nothing in my opinion! I feel like it's almost pointless to spend my time typing all this, but I really want the game to get better. Hopefully it doesn't all just fall on deaf ears.

The most important and loved for a lot Wizard Fans, Bli zzard Skill it´s so far underpowered. And it´s ironic think about the Name Skill, Like Bli zzard itself, this skill need a way to be usable