Installing POE now

Games & Technology
I made a link collection for all new players @ the POE forum:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246072/page/1

Hope it will help you out.
11/13/2018 11:19 PMPosted by AlKatiba
Installing POE now

I am installing Microsoft Word now. Giving it a shot. You guys make me really laugh. Why do u even state it here. No one cares.

I understand reading comprehension might not be your strong suite but you might want to try reading the post again.
11/14/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Celestialray
You people who say path of exile is needlessly complicated or a golden turd... You have the iq of a sea shell and the memory of a goldfish if you find that game complicated.

If you want an actual REALLY complicated game, try factorio. Path of exile is pretty straight forward and even with no knowledge, it's pretty doable. It's just that some of you prefer to get spoon fed and never commit any time whatsoever into a game.

It seems like blizzard was right to cater to the casual audience. You'd rather suck blizzard's dick than play another game at this point. Absolutely pathetic human beings.

Cmon factorio is realy easy. PoE is harder then factorio :D
Factorio is a puzzle and PoE a riddle.
11/14/2018 01:59 AMPosted by Batlike

I understand reading comprehension might not be your strong suite but you might want to try the reading post again.

I'd say try it yourself and while you are on it think about why one would ask for help in a forum for a different game. Well...I guess you guys have even an answer for this. It is becoming a pointless discussion at this point.
I am so happy Bliz messed up, if they announced new content I would have never tried POE.

Now I got level 45 duelist and kicking monsters with a huge Axe feeling just like Diablo II did 20 years ago.

Thanks Bliz for finally pushing me towards path of exile :)
11/14/2018 03:27 AMPosted by AntGod
I am so happy Bliz messed up, if they announced new content I would have never tried POE.

Now I got level 45 duelist and kicking monsters with a huge Axe feeling just like Diablo II did 20 years ago.

Thanks Bliz for finally pushing me towards path of exile :)

Wait till you reach endgame...it will become even better. :)
11/14/2018 12:55 AMPosted by redcore
I like grim dawn better

This
I've dipped a toe in the pool of POE. After the Diablo Disaster at Blizzcon 2018 & the lack of communication, I can't log into D3 anymore, it's like trying to binge a TV show you know got canceled halfway through season 3. It's not worth it.

Anyway I really gave it a shot last weekend with more of an open mind. Now that I've got some experience with it, I really like how deep it is. It's not Diablo for cell phones, you really have to have patience and take the time to read/view some guides and setup (they make it easy) loot filter. It's also what Diablo series used to be a grinding game to solve puzzles, go on quests, collect clues, analyze loot while killing your way to the end.

If you started with D3 rifts & greater rifts and that's what you like, don't bother trying it. It's too deep for you.
11/13/2018 11:30 PMPosted by AlKatiba
11/13/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Hackusations
It's called a refugee caravan.

So better watch out for US armed forces and barbed wire fences over there.

Well but there isnt none this ! =D

There is new content every season and they are launching another big update this year !
I've dipped a toe in the pool of POE. After the Diablo Disaster at Blizzcon 2018 & the lack of communication, I can't log into D3 anymore, it's like trying to binge a TV show you know got canceled halfway through season 3. It's not worth it.

Anyway I really gave it a shot last weekend with more of an open mind. Now that I've got some experience with it, I really like how deep it is. It's not Diablo for cell phones, you really have to have patience and take the time to read/view some guides and setup (they make it easy) loot filter. It's also what Diablo series used to be a grinding game to solve puzzles, go on quests, collect clues, analyze loot while killing your way to the end.

If you started with D3 rifts & greater rifts and that's what you like, don't bother trying it. It's too deep for you.

This is so true !
The learning curve in PoE is very steep. I'd say way beyond anything you've experienced in D3, and moderately beyond anything from D2. There is a massive skill tree, but it doesn't really have anything to do with your skills. It's only passive stats/bonuses. It's not like D2 where you put more points in fireball to make fireball better. It's more like "I want to play a caster type build, so I'm going to focus on things that increase mana pool, spell damage, spell crit, etc...".

Spells/skills are all managed through gems. If you kill an enemy, and he drops a fireball gem. You place that gem in a piece of equipment with a socket, and voila! you have the fireball spell!. As you gain experience, the gems that you have equipped also gain experience. As the gems level, they become more powerful. The final piece is the enhancement gems. Similar to skill gems (like fireball, or summon skeleton) but rather than giving you an active ability, enhancement gems are designed to enhance abilities. As an example, you might find a gem called "Enhancement: multiple projectiles" If you had a piece of equipment with 2 linked sockets, and you place fireball in one of the sockets, and the multiple projectiles in the other socket, now whenever you use that fireball ability, it fires 3 fireballs instead of 1.

Finally, do a couple google searches for loot filters. A LOT of loot drops in PoE, and it's very difficult to decide what's worth picking up, and what's not worth it. So many factors weigh into the value of a piece of equipment. What is the item level (that effects the stats that COULD randomly roll on that piece of gear). How many sockets does it have, and what color are they? Are they all linked, or stand-alone? A loot filter modifies what you see on the screen when an item drops, and when you hold the "show loot" button (defaults to Alt key). Based on the rules you setup (or the rules setup by the creator of the loot filter), You can change the color of the loot on the screen. Things deemed more valuable will appear bigger, and have a really jarring text/background color to make it really stand out and scream "HEY! YOU SHOULD REALLY PICK ME UP!"
There are pay items in the game but you really don't need them to enjoy the game. Some are just qq items like get this....more stash space. LOL
Yes, you will buy stash tabs. Because guess what Blizzard... you CAN buy stash tabs in POE!
Besides, the game is WORTH 100$ and you can get buy fine on what is provided for free. But to grow multiple characters requires stash tabs and there are some QOL tabs that just streamline things.
These guys made a great game and DESERVE to be compensated.
Blizzard lost me at Necro, has it really been that loooong ago that you asked me for money Blizzard? sad.
What a concept, give them what they want... unheard of here.
11/13/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Andrizzle
Giving it a shot. If anyone wants to help me out I would appreciate it. I will be on tomorrow for a long time.

You can add me, my main right now is called SirSparkytheSecond. I can give you some tips. I'm not usually on until 7pm CST though.
11/14/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Zorak
11/13/2018 11:30 PMPosted by AlKatiba

So better watch out for US armed forces and barbed wire fences over there.

Well but there isnt none this ! =D

There is new content every season and they are launching another big update this year !

I've got the strong feeling that you have no idea what I am talking about.
I started playing Grim Dawn last night. Seems cool. Smashing enemies is satisfying so far.

I’ll probably check out PoE when it hits PS4.
11/14/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Spongeworthy
I’ll probably check out PoE when it hits PS4.

Looks rly nice there.

I planed to buy a friend D3 for his Switch, but now I surely wont and buy him POE for his PS4 instead.

By far the better bang for the buck. ;)