Parthan Defenders question

Barbarian
I see it on a lot of WW barbs on leaderboards. How does it get procced with a WW build?
11/20/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Dirty
I see it on a lot of WW barbs on leaderboards. How does it get procced with a WW build?

Freeze on Hit on belt.

See the complete guide for more info: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/18706416963

In the future, please direct build questions to the relevant stickied guide. Lots of info there!
Stun and Freeze secondary rolls on belt, gloves and weapons if really lucky.
Or you use wrecking smash to stun enemies.

In the future, go ahead and ask where you want to. Free is hooked on playing forum moderator and thinks he can control anything. Just feel FREE to ask anywhere.
11/21/2018 04:13 AMPosted by FuturePhunk

In the future, go ahead and ask where you want to. Free is hooked on playing forum moderator and thinks he can control anything. Just feel FREE to ask anywhere.

I know this may be mind blowing. But what if you didn’t have to ask. And it was written somewhere with solid explanation of how it works and why it works.
11/21/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Dmoney
I know this may be mind blowing. But what if you didn’t have to ask. And it was written somewhere with solid explanation of how it works and why it works.

I know this is mind blowing, but there is no rule against asking on an already 1 post per day forum section. People should not go through 100+ pages to perhaps find their questions answered. And people making stickies should not go and control what others do. Let that be up to those moderators.
Some are too far up in the sky just cause they made some guides and think they can decide where people should write.
Showing people where they can find an answer and dictating where to write is 2 different things you should learn the difference between.
100 pages? It's on the first page of the forum and the first page of the guide.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/18706416963
11/21/2018 08:43 AMPosted by GhostDragon

And if you got a question about something that is not on the guide on the first page, you are dictated by Free to look through it all or ask in that said thread.

Back in 2012 I could see this as a solution to not get flooded with posts. But now, you get 1-2 max per day outside of discussing the new patch coming, so is invalid.
Besides, a normal non-working-for-Blizzard should go order people around where to reply.
11/21/2018 08:43 AMPosted by GhostDragon

Thing is, you can't use facts to argue with Future. He just doesn't understand them. Let me give you some examples.

11/21/2018 04:13 AMPosted by FuturePhunk
Free is hooked on playing forum moderator and thinks he can control anything.

Wrong. I'm neither a moderator, nor do I control anything. Never claimed to be, never will.

11/21/2018 09:24 AMPosted by FuturePhunk
And if you got a question about something that is not on the guide on the first page, you are dictated by Free to look through it all or ask in that said thread.

Whoops! Wrong again. Seems he doesn't know the difference between "dictate" and "ask." Let's take another look at what I posted:

11/20/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Free
Freeze on Hit on belt.

See the complete guide for more info: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/18706416963

In the future, please direct build questions to the relevant stickied guide. Lots of info there!

Hmm. I answered the OP's question in the most concise and correct way (Freeze on belt is much better than anything on gloves or weapons). I also asked ("please direct" in case someone misses it) the OP to direct further questions to the relevant build guide.

See the difference? Ask vs dictate -- it's not that hard!

Ask = a request I am powerless to enforce.

Dictate = order or command I am empowered to enforce.

Let's review.

OP asked a one-off question that is A) already answered on forum (first page, first post, stickied thread), then I B) asked that that additional questions go in relevant stickied guide thread.

Why would I do that? Because that's, you know, the rules. Let's take a look at the rules of the forums as dictated by a moderator:

The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming.

That also come from a stickied thread, page one of forum, page one of thread.

And if we dig a little deeper into the forum's COC, we find this gem under "Creating Duplicate Threads":

This category includes:

* Creating threads about existing topics
* Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

* Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Let's review.

OP asked a one-off question that is A) already answered on forum (first page, first post, stickied thread), then I B) asked that that additional questions go in relevant stickied guide thread, which C) aligns with the forums rules and COC as D) dictated by forum moderators.

In other words, I answered the OP and politely asked they comply with the official rules in the future. Whether we have 2 posts like this per day or 50 isn't the point (though, at present, we have 6 such threads on the first page alone). Those are the facts as they stand. I can't force anyone to do anything; if I could, we wouldn't have DH's "build" guides, and we certainly wouldn't have trolls like Future posting. But, alas, mine is not the hand that wields the sceptre; more's the pity.

11/21/2018 09:24 AMPosted by FuturePhunk
Besides, a normal non-working-for-Blizzard should go order people around where to reply.

Uh oh! I see what went wrong.

Order =/= ask.

In the future, I highly recommend you bolster your meager grasp on language with a dictionary: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dictionary

If you have more questions, please direct them to the relevant thread. :)
Does Strongarm bracers work with stuff?
No knockback for you! Two weeks!
11/21/2018 04:13 AMPosted by TuneOut

i think he worries if he doesn't get snarky and send everyone to his stickies people will forget he is here and actually enjoy talking about the game

ignore the down votes mate
11/21/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Free
If you have more questions, please direct them to the relevant thread.

Read about you being a teacher, poor kids need to listen to you.

Just cause you write "please" does not mean you don't dictate. Cause you do.

You are so hung up about your stickied threads like you are some champ. Just cause you been here for so long and got some in your back that you think you can order people to read your guides.
Even being condescending, have a nice second ban there.

11/22/2018 12:24 AMPosted by Grog
ignore the down votes mate

I do. Cannot care much for old people having nothing better than to dictate on a forum cause they think they can live high and mighty on a guide.
Suddenly cause they figured out stuff in a game they think they can play forum moderators.. Kinda sad lol
It's not sad. My self-worth is tied to this forum. If they ever take this forum down, I will weep like I lost my favorite cat, Venus.

Read about you being a teacher, poor kids need to listen to you.

You're the one seeing forum posting as a power dynamic, which says a lot about you. You're so insecure, unfortunately, that you perceive a helpful contributor on these forums as being:

You are so hung up about your stickied threads like you are some champ. Just cause you been here for so long and got some in your back that you think you can order people to read your guides.

Worse, you give it all away when you write this:

11/22/2018 04:32 AMPosted by TuneOut

I do. Cannot care much for old people having nothing better than to dictate on a forum cause they think they can live high and mighty on a guide.
Suddenly cause they figured out stuff in a game they think they can play forum moderators.. Kinda sad lol

What is 'kind of sad' is people like you - who completely lack in forum etiquette - using 'old' as some kind of coping mechanism, resorting to personal attacks against a poster here who actually...answers questions in stickies.

This might be some kind of newsflash for you but many forums around actually ask that you read stickies and post relevant questions there instead of making new threads. But I digress from the point: how ironic your post actually is, because it (sadly) reeks of your personal insecurity.
11/23/2018 03:13 AMPosted by Aristotelian
You're the one seeing forum posting as a power dynamic, which says a lot about you. You're so insecure, unfortunately, that you perceive a helpful contributor on these forums as being:

Awh look who is judging another one, when you wrote the same thing about me, while you seem insecure yourself cause you need to whiteknight others for doing something they shouldn't.

11/23/2018 03:13 AMPosted by Aristotelian
reeks of your personal insecurity

And again the same statement. But funny you need to think you know anything about me simply from an opinion of mine. What else can you tell from my writing? Cause you seem to be a Dr. Phil and knows everything about me lol.

Oops, wrote lol, is that another insecure thing to do?
I ignored this thread until I saw SillyDilly present so I felt compelled to read further.

11/22/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Siladil
I will weep like I lost my favorite cat, Venus.

I'm sorry for your loss; was Venus buried within a bag as opposed to a box to avoid corners? Rumor has it you and your loved ones have problems with those.
These forums fights are more thrilling than killing RG with wastes set
11/23/2018 04:06 AMPosted by serro
I ignored this thread until I saw SillyDilly present so I felt compelled to read further.

11/22/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Siladil
I will weep like I lost my favorite cat, Venus.

I'm sorry for your loss; was Venus buried within a bag as opposed to a box to avoid corners? Rumor has it you and your loved ones have problems with those.

Ya. I'm still looking to buy a house that has all curves. No luck yet.