Why no witch doctor in D:I?

General Discussion
Every class from D3 was carried over into D:I, with the exception of the WD. I’m trying to figure out why the WD isn’t in Diablo Immortal. I have looked around online and I can’t seem to find an answer.

I understand that things of a morose nature aren’t allowed in China (I.e. the Forsaken models in WoW), and I would say that could maybe be the reason why, but the Necromancer was included, and they are all about death magic, bones, and the undead.

Can anyone help me understand what the difference is between the WD and all of the other classes? Why did they leave it out?
Dark skin is undesired in the markets Diablo Immortal is targeting.
11/27/2018 01:52 PMPosted by NaughtyOne
Dark skin is undesired in the markets Diablo Immortal is targeting.

There has to be another reason. The WD is iconic.
Probably reserved for in-game DLC (i.e you have to buy it)
Probable answer: racism
Other possible answers: WD is planned as a future microtransaction, or Netease didn't have a pet class in their mobile game engine that they could easily reskin to the WD.
Black Lives Matters
11/27/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Cobaltus
Other possible answers: WD is planned as a future microtransaction, or Netease didn't have a pet class in their mobile game engine that they could easily reskin to the WD.

Is the Necromancer not a pet class?
We all know the answer to this, China is not so nice towards darker skinned folks.
It's no secret!!!
Maybe for performance reasons.
Rumor is you can buy the WD class, but I agree with the racism comment. I am not black, but I have a friend who is and said "I'll never visit that f*****g country ever again" when asked about his visit to China. They are not the most friendly society to non-Chinese.
11/27/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Raziel187
Rumor is you can buy the WD class, but I agree with the racism comment. I am not black, but I have a friend who is and said "I'll never visit that f*****g country ever again" when asked about his visit to China. They are not the most friendly society to non-Chinese.

I don’t think blizzard would stoop that low. They can’t have lost all of their integrity... right?
why d:I?
What I don't understand is, the events in D:I are only 5 years after D:2, and D:3 is what 20 years after D:2? It'd make more sense for the characters from D:2 to return in D:I instead, instead we're getting the same characters as we had the the last Diablo game.
Apart from all these troll racism answers. It's most likely China. They have strict censorship laws. They will ban games or force companies to change things in their game for the dumbest reason. Remember it's made by Netease, a china based company and the market they're appealing to is China. The only person that has power over Activision is China. If they say "we dont want the witch doctor" then there wont be a witch doctor. Remember how much had to be changed for WoW to get to China.
11/27/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Exiled

I don’t think blizzard would stoop that low. They can’t have lost all of their integrity... right?

Activision-Blizzard is beholden only to its shareholders, and the only relationship shareholders and integrity have with one another is as antonyms.
11/27/2018 06:36 PMPosted by OogyBoogyMan
Apart from all these troll racism answers. It's most likely China. They have strict censorship laws. They will ban games or force companies to change things in their game for the dumbest reason. Remember it's made by Netease, a china based company and the market they're appealing to is China. The only person that has power over Activision is China. If they say "we dont want the witch doctor" then there wont be a witch doctor. Remember how much had to be changed for WoW to get to China.

The "rascism" answer is not a troll answer. A simple google search will confirm it.
11/27/2018 01:45 PMPosted by HungryJ
Racism
LOL
11/27/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Raziel187

Why would your friend or any sane person visit a communist dictatorship?
11/27/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Exiled
11/27/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Cobaltus

Is the Necromancer not a pet class?

Is Necro a pet class in Diablo: Immortal? I honestly don't know, but someone who tried the game at Blizzcon might.