Set Dungeons... ARE AWFUL!

General Discussion
11/13/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Hesio
That's because they are designed to not give you too much mob density. That's why some of them are challenging. It's like some posts are "game too east", now "set dungeons too hard". Oof, you don't have to complete them at all. I wonder if they would give something more than cosmetics wings, would you be less furious or more furious because "it's necessery to them to get X and they are stupid and hard". BTW most of them are easy to medium, there are few that take some effort and tries :)

Let me put it to you this way.. Ive now tried 3 different set dungeons, on 2 different classes, and have no intention of ever trying them again.. Take that how you will..

The reward is of little importance, when the process is mind numbingly stupid, and infuriating on a level no videogame should not be. They may be optional, but it seems to be the consensus that these are a badly designed feature, that could have been cool.
11/13/2018 08:10 AMPosted by SirSmokes
Guys I think we can stop with the panic. I think we are getting what we want.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769609322

Why are you spamming this troll nonsense in every single thread?!? Give it a rest
11/13/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Rizilliant
11/13/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Hesio
That's because they are designed to not give you too much mob density. That's why some of them are challenging. It's like some posts are "game too east", now "set dungeons too hard". Oof, you don't have to complete them at all. I wonder if they would give something more than cosmetics wings, would you be less furious or more furious because "it's necessery to them to get X and they are stupid and hard". BTW most of them are easy to medium, there are few that take some effort and tries :)

Let me put it to you this way.. Ive now tried 3 different set dungeons, on 2 different classes, and have no intention of ever trying them again.. Take that how you will..

The reward is of little importance, when the process is mind numbingly stupid, and infuriating on a level no videogame should not be. They may be optional, but it seems to be the consensus that these are a badly designed feature, that could have been cool.

I thought Rizilliant was for resilience? If you don't value or need the extra stash tabs there is no real need to do the dungeons.
11/13/2018 04:40 AMPosted by LucasShark
I have a special hatred for the DH Marauder set dungeon in particular.

I personally found this to be one of the easiest achievements in the game, provided you have an advanced understanding of the DH, their skills, and the items in the game.

The Natalyas' Vengeance dungeon however, I found to be severely frustrating, in the fact that the enemies contained within, seem to be geared ridiculously low, in comparison to your character. I had to intentionally handicap my character in order to keep from slaughtering everything WAY too quickly. With the 2.6.5 patch on the PTR right now, however, cranking it up to T16 was enough to do the trick without having to handicap myself.
Set dungeons are ridiculous because you generally have to handicap yourself to be successful, and then (looking at you delsere) you play the dungeon completely different than when you actually play the game. Sure on my inna monk I try to group enemies up, but I don't sweat it if I don't have a big group. In the set dungeon, you have to.

I haven't enjoyed any of the set dungeons. Please fix them to be fun.
I have to agree, these are poorly designed in a lot of cases. They should have some level of scalability so i don't have to figure out how to make my character suck to complete the weird objectives (the barb earth set dungeon is a good example of this). This has been especially proven true recently as they have started to buff up a lot of the class sets without addressing how that effects the ability to master a set dungeon that requires enemies to last more than a single hit
I hate Nat's. Not because it is hard, but because it is an exercise in how much gear can you remove in order to do it.
Yes, set dungeons are a real nightmare. To do them I had to watch a youtube video, then join a set dungeon community. One time, it took me three tries to master it. Three! Ten minutes of my life I'll never ever get back. Plus another four minutes doing clean up for the player who did it for me.

It's just awful having to think a little bit about what you're doing, instead of endlessly spamming spenders with cooldowns numberlocked.

That said, outside of progress towards seasonal objectives, I've never felt like doing one 'just for fun'. But they're not some daunting hurdle that places the seasonal objectives are out of reach - far from it.
04/15/2019 05:31 PMPosted by Starfall
I have to agree, these are poorly designed in a lot of cases. They should have some level of scalability so i don't have to figure out how to make my character suck to complete the weird objectives

I'd rather have to gimp my character on my own terms than deal with Blizzard's abyssmal dynamic scaling any day of the week. They totally wrecked WoW by introducting both character level and item level scaling everywhere there, and they would do the same in D3.
04/15/2019 05:57 PMPosted by Alexismad
I hate Nat's. Not because it is hard, but because it is an exercise in how much gear can you remove in order to do it.

Natalya's can be done so easily. Look here and at the links in the thread.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770837101
Tedious and designed around handicapping the player.

That's artificial difficulty accomplished by lazy design.
04/15/2019 06:55 PMPosted by Jazz
04/15/2019 05:57 PMPosted by Alexismad

Natalya's can be done so easily. Look here and at the links in the thread.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770837101
Alexismad doesn't hate it because it's hard. It's annoying because you have to remove gear and handicap yourself. Same reason I don't like set dungeons.
Sadly, they are here to stay. When they were first added and the PTR got to test them out, they were met with huge backlash and hate from the community. Blizzard, as usual, ignored all feedback and pushed forward with them.

Don't expect things to change now. :(
I'm glad someone else is getting frustrated with them, because I have no intention of ever trying one.

I got a couple of wings already. If you want me to question ever bothering to play the game in the first place, I'm good. You can gate the entire game behind it and I'll still pass.
Yes, some are harder than others. Read the set dungeon guides and watch videos. You don't have to run them solo. Help each other out. Check "Achievements" community.
i have master wings and that was not "fun" in any way
because its more luck than skill is required to complete them
some set dungeons like wrath of the wastes and uliana (if i remember correctly) are absolutely retarded
Let me tell you if Blizz even try to make everyone's wish come true:

Person 1: I have to handicap myself! Make monsters stronger!
* Blizzard makes monsters stronger *
Person 2: I can't complete it in time because monsters are too strong! Nerf them!

Person 1: Density is too low! Raise it!
* Blizzard raises the density *
Person 2: Density is making it too easy! No fun! Make it harder! Lower the density!

Person 1: It takes no skill to complete X set dungeon, change it to require more skill!
* Blizzard makes changes *
Person 2: This set dungeon is impossible! Make it easier!

In the end, there will always be someone complaining about it...

Overall, I kind of like set dungeons. There are some that are super easy (like all Necro's), and some that are incredibly hard (Wastes Barb gives me nightmares).
I completed all of them this season (between seasonal and non-seasonal characters) and while they can be quite challenging, the buffs to most of the sets in this last patch really made the difference for me.

I got a lot of great help from icy-veins.com. Some of the sets require other legendaries and with the right adjustments, you can definitely achieve them.