Beware, Do not buy Wolcen

Games & Technology
11/07/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Suedomsa
I bought Wolcen long ago. They are just taking a long time to get things done and redoing a lot of aspects of the game. A full beta should be out in 2019 though, at least from the way things were looking from the beta stress test for multiplayer.

Doesn't that ring any bells? I tried to get a refund, but according to steam it was too late.

After that I started debugging the game, and approached the development team with a list of things which were horribly wrong. They completely ignored everything, yet they continued chatting and acting nice.
Supporting early access titles is always a gamble. You believe in the idea and concept, but you can never expect 100% about it reaching completion. Even if Wolcen fails to deliver anything in the end, that still doesn't mean early access support should be discouraged. There's just that caveat to consider. I've seen so many great games coming out via early access programs, I'd say overall it's a worthy gamble. Dead Cells, Subnautica, Darkest Dungeon, Gim Dawn, PoE. The list could go on forever.

But yeah, there's always the refund option if you aren't happy with the purchase. You can always give it a try later on if you find any noteworthy progress down the line, anyways.
How's about this....I'll risk my money on whatever I want, just like Diablo Immortal investors can. I have no problem with people wanting a mobile game....but ATVI ignoring the PC based players and refusing to discuss their plans directly and up front, was not a good idea. There marketing decision on this new mobile game were also a total fail.
Plain and simple, they've handed the market for Diablo off to other games...and people who want something new in the vein of Diablo type ARPG's, are going to have to look elsewhere. That's just that.
11/07/2018 08:24 AMPosted by MetalCabal
and people who want something new in the vein of Diablo type ARPG's, are going to have to look elsewhere. That's just that.

I agree, that's why I bought Wolcen in the first place. Unfortunately the majority of the gamers are children, who defend the product which they have. I googled a bit before purchasing Wolcen, but I mostly saw comments like "this game has potential".

It's not like losing 20$ is the end of the world, but buying this game made me feel stupid.
I'm not sure what you're upset about though Pahis, the beta phase is progressing, and while they are doing that, we have access to the Alpha version if we want to play. Not only that, the team has been in 'constant' contact about their progress, and they seem honest. I'm looking forward to the beta of it and playing with some friends.
11/07/2018 09:31 AMPosted by MetalCabal
I'm not sure what you're upset about though Pahis

I'm upset because there are still people out there who are passionate about gaming, people who want to make living out of it. I would like to do that as well, even though I haven't found my place in the video game industry so far.

The early-access fad has made it too intriguing to start a business of your own, by creating a game with false promises. The modern game engines are so automated, that all you need is a bunch of good artists, marketing, and some guys working on the code. It's mostly these games which are not even trying to offer anything new, just trying to attract casual gamers who buy and abandon the game.
I bought Wolcen a while ago. Back then it was shaping up to be something good.

But I doubt the BlizzCon announcement is why they're "Pushing promos".

They've said a few months back that things would ramp up in Fall.
Just happened to be a coincidence. Poor timing on Blizzards part, not the other way around.
Thats nothing wrong with the developement of this game, they just dont give a !@#$ for the whinners and they want a good game, just get pacient
Wolcen 1 act in 3 years. Enough said.
11/07/2018 08:13 AMPosted by McCloud
I got this game ~6 months ago. Got to 118 minutes played and returned [on Steam]. Not sure if anything changed since then, never looked again and didn't keep up with it, but it was far beyond awful when I did give it a try.

For those that think PoE is clunky (which I agree to minor extent) Wolcan is the poster child for the Clunky Feel...unless that's what you're looking for.
poe is clunky, but also finished, Wolcen is still in alpha or beta,
11/07/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Aspirine
Wolcen is still in alpha or beta

Did you even read this thread? Calling something an alpha or beta doesn't mean anything these days.
11/07/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Aspirine
Wolcen is still in alpha or beta

Did you even read this thread? Calling something an alpha or beta doesn't mean anything.
I skipped your moronic posts yes. Too bad this wasnt downvoted enough yet.
11/07/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Aspirine
I skipped your moronic posts yes. Too bad this wasnt downvoted enough yet.

So you decided to use the personal attack card, wow.
edit: Forgot a blah

blah blah blah

Have Wolcen. Good game for early beta. Gonna go download that and enjoy it! Thanks mate!
The second technical beta is very nice and the beta is coming. I do not see why people are worried. Granted it to them years to get to this point.
I just bought it and am super excited to try it. I might be wrong.. but.. for that price? I mean - it costs almost the same money like Rise of Necro pack.. So how could that possibly be any worse?