Activision/Blizzard Stock on the Edge of Sub $50.00

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
I wish all of those shares of GE stock that I have were worth $50 each.
11/18/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Raserei
Truth be told. We ALL don't know what's going on at Blizzard. Everything said is pure speculation.

Roll the two sided dice: -rolls dice- ......... pessimistic

Sums up the internet, sums up a lot of things in the present day.

Think positively! If there is an internal problem at Blizzard, it will be fixed in time. If you think about it in an optimistic light, maybe they were having internal issues that stemmed back 5 years? Games take a long time to make so if something was going wrong, it takes time to fix. Being a large company, maybe some trust, too much trust was given to certain leads and ended up with poor results which in the end, wasted time.

Whatever the reason is... They have all the data they need to have a bright future. They know the PC gamer isn't happy with a mobile game. They know we want a new PC Diablo and/or huge changes to Diablo 3 and/or D2 remaster. They know this. Give it time and you will see the announcement you are waiting for. How much time? Who knows... There are plenty of other games/other activities to pass the time.

Positivity is the only way forward. Negativity halts progress.

Think like pessimist live like optimist. Always be thinking about how things can go wrong so your ready for when they do.
11/18/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Raserei
Roll the two sided dice: -rolls dice- ......... pessimistic

Wow, deep. May be dice didn't exist to begin with? Is this pessimistic?
Everyone should buy one share.............for nefarious reasons.
While investor reaction was muted to the announcement, investors’ hands-on experience will be a very well-received when Diablo Immoral releases, and investors around the world will love it.
It's already below the $50 mark opening Monday. Yikes!
49.725$. Wow. The nosedive is real.

11/18/2018 09:14 PMPosted by nerfrogue
While investor reaction was muted to the announcement
What? Did they get boo'd at during the investor meeting as well? oO
activision blizzard is finally "defeating" EA, wich lost 40% of stock value...

CONGRATULATIONS, BLIZZARD! GO ON MOBILES!!!!
11/16/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Ironskull
They're either in the process of completely shutting down the Diablo department or they're hoping it'll all blow over and everyone will fall in love with Immortal on release.

Bad form Blizzard.

They are hoping it will blow over.

Blizzard's management is terrible atm. It is evident across all of their product line, and started showing up in WoW around the end of MoP.

The question is will management change in time to save Blizzard.
Oh this is not blowing over anytime soon.
It's sub 50 at least for the moment for anyone interested haha
11/16/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Consensus
If I was an investor, I'd be demanding answers.

Wonder how much longer Activision/Blizzard can continue to be silent on this epic collapse in stock value.

If you were actually an investor, you'd already know what's going on, unless the ATVI stock was in some diversified portfolio and you had no idea you even owned ATVI stock. The overwhelming majority of shares are owned by people (like me) who have ATVI in a retirement fund with a mix of various stocks and bonds, and ATVI itself represents a teeny tiny percentage of the value of the fund. The majority of those people don't particularly care or even know what the current state of ATVIs stock is; they care much, much more that the entire market is down.

EA, Nvidia, and a bunch of other tech companies are down just as much Blizzard is (over the same time frame), if not more. The Diablo Immortal reveal was a mistake, but a lot of you guys are incorrectly attributing ATVIs stock woes to that single event.
11/19/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Proteus7
11/16/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Consensus
If I was an investor, I'd be demanding answers.

Wonder how much longer Activision/Blizzard can continue to be silent on this epic collapse in stock value.

If you were actually an investor, you'd already know what's going on, unless the ATVI stock was in some diversified portfolio and you had no idea you even owned ATVI stock. The overwhelming majority of shares are owned by people (like me) who have ATVI in a retirement fund with a mix of various stocks and bonds, and ATVI itself represents a teeny tiny percentage of the value of the fund. The majority of those people don't particularly care or even know what the current state of ATVIs stock is; they care much, much more that the entire market is down.

EA, Nvidia, and a bunch of other tech companies are down just as much Blizzard is (over the same time frame), if not more. The Diablo Immortal reveal was a mistake, but a lot of you guys are incorrectly attributing ATVIs stock woes to that single event.
Pfft dude this stocks is tanking till D4 comes out.
The stock market looks at future performance. 6 months +

With Blizzard's focus on mobile game development, their business model is untested. Meaning future results are up for debate. Investors want sure things, not guesses.

Will Blizzard's shift into mobile games generate more money than their focus on console and PC games? Only time will tell. Until the new business model is proven, the stock will continue to drop until enough people deem the risk acceptable.
11/19/2018 10:01 AMPosted by MEGAMAN
The stock market looks at future performance. 6 months +

With Blizzard's focus on mobile game development, their business model is untested. Meaning future results are up for debate. Investors want sure things, not guesses.

Will Blizzard's shift into mobile games generate more money than their focus on console and PC games? Only time will tell. Until the new business model is proven, the stock will continue to drop until enough people deem the risk acceptable.

it doesnt matter if they go full mobile for China.
China is getting REALLY regulated. in 1+ year ? it will be almost impossible to sell micro in China
25 minutes ago it momentarily dipped below 49$.
Break open your ouija boards and dust off your crystal balls, gentlemen and ladies. What's the next "record" you foresee?
11/16/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Eyals
Good. They deserve it. I wish itll get to 45

I'm actually torn, as a player I hope it continues to drop to teach Actup/Bli$$ there is such a thing as "overreach" vs "overwatch". The execs should stop just looking at how to make a quick buck then run with their "incentive based pay". As an investor I have already lost a lot more in value than I ever spent on the game. From my perspective as both an avid player and an investor I would remind Actup/Bli$$ that when you focus on one without considering the other you can loose both.
11/19/2018 09:53 AMPosted by SirSmokes
Pfft dude this stocks is tanking till D4 comes out.

There is no D4. Blizzard considers DI to be D4. So yeah. This was the proverbial straw for a LOT of people. Blizzard used to have a great reputation, so the community forgave screwup after screwup. They finally pushed the community too far. So we drew a line in the sand and said NO MORE.

And they had no backup plan. So it looks like the company may go down. Which at this point I would be happy to see. I want to see their arrogance and condescending attitude cost them.
11/19/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Thanatos
11/16/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Eyals
Good. They deserve it. I wish itll get to 45

I'm actually torn, as a player I hope it continues to drop to teach Actup/Bli$$ there is such a thing as "overreach" vs "overwatch". The execs should stop just looking at how to make a quick buck then run with their "incentive based pay". As an investor I have already lost a lot more in value than I ever spent on the game. From my perspective as both an avid player and an investor I would remind Actup/Bli$$ that when you focus on one without considering the other you can loose both.
They might learn there lesson the hard way. I know I did in my life.
Today, it closed at 49.14, a drop of another 3.53% from Friday's trade.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ATVI/
It’s down 29% in 3 months. I’m glad. Get !@#$ed atvi, maybe you should stop your horrible practices and go back to having the basics: customer service + customer care.