Its time for Off-Line + LAN Mode for D3-RoS PC

General Discussion
@ShadowAegis what about diablo 2? offline mode + mods + single player cheats yet the only cheating that happens there is bots and those are rampant in diablo 3 as well

''In an online game where paragon, gem levels, augments all have a control over how far you go in the GRs is ripe for a person that can figure out how to be able to change those numbers to give them an edge. You might even add in modded gear that would have like 10-15k dps for a one handed weapon''
then why don't we see it in diablo 2? cuz the online servers portion of diablo 2 handle that, that simple. Also by that same argument it means no game that has multiplayer should have an offline mode.

also DRM doesn't even do much when it comes to piracy, Ubisoft, CD projekt red, Avalanche, all companies believing and SAYING DRM DOESN'T WORK.

sure you can say ''oh look 5000 people pirated the game so lost sale'' except there's no proof of that, for all you know they never planned on buying the game to begin with
Forget offline mode already. It won't happen and it's past century tech. I don't want it. If it would happen tons of cheaters would appear on day one as it happened on consoles because they would have easier access to game files. You still have internet to write the post so I don't understand why would anyone need offline.

Also nobody forces you to play seasons and compete in leaderboards. Nonseason is still here and you can play it whenever you want.
Given how it's been more than a month that they have yet to address an ISP issue on their server side, I am more than welcome the idea of solo play, it better be.

This latency issue is why I never want to play Hardcore all that much.

Sure, I could switch region to Asia for a ping averaging at 70, but all the progress I've made since Day 1 of Diablo III has been on The Americas, and you cannot transfer progress between region.

Also, the default connection to The Americas' server gives me an average ping of 300. The ANZ server at the very least gave me 180 - 200 back when it was still fine. Now? It's no different than when I connected to The Americas.

The downsides of having this online-only requirement are as stated above, and it pisses me to no end.

Have the time to play? Oh I'm sorry, our ISP decided to screw up connections from players to our servers.

Want to try Hardcore? Oh I'm sorry, that last 2 packets you just sent to our servers were lost in transit, which caused a monster to kill your character because your actions were not registered.

Bah, screw this online-only crap.
@ShadowAegis Considering that's all happening Offline, why does it concern you? If being able to play Online and Offline were to be a thing, which it should be, why does something that happens during offline play concern you? Does it directly impact you? Does it impact the leaderboards, which would obviously be tied to online?

It doesn't impact anyone what someone does something offline.
1 - SC-Remastered has off-line solo and LAN play.
2 - SC-2 with all of its expansions allows for off-line solo play but disallows any campaign progression during solo off-line to be merged with one's online record.
3 - There seems to be no reason _NOT_ to include off-line solo and LAN mode play to Warcraft 3: Reforged

So, saying that there is no chance at off-line solo and LAN mode play for D3-RoS PC is just short sighted. I say this even if Bobby Kotick were to join this thread and express that sentiment publicly. It just takes the right circumstances and the appropriate demand to create change. I think the circumstance are ripe for that change and have been for a long time. Its pretty obvious the demand has been here for a long time as well.

Off-line Solo + LAN mode and Linux ports make way more sense than re-adding RMAH to D3-RoS PC; especially given the current loot drop mechanics and the overwhelming out cry for RMAH removal. I would support Blizz asking for a pittance (fee) for Linux ports of their entire suite of games. Any amount higher $10.99 per Linux port is overkill/excessive/greedy. $29.99 for a Linux port bundle of:
- SC-2, SC-Remaster
- War 3: Reforged
- D3-RoS PC
- Heroes of the Storm
- Overwatch
- D2-LoD Remaster/Reforged
... would be reasonable.
Latency alone is a tremendously good reason to add it. 7 years nobody is bothering to pirate it and I can only imagine how much bandwidth and server space they are wasting for a game 90%+ still play alone.

Adding offline would also clear the way for mods and rebalancing the kind of which I don't trust Actiblizzard to handle and might actually make the game fun for once. Imagine the ability to create your own primal item sets that use the skills you want instead of some hard forced, terribly designed and mandatory set that hasn't changed in years. Imagine not wasting a year of real life time gambling on RNG for something to roll the right way.
SirRight approves BossDogg's request :) ... perhaps it is time to make Diablo 3 a standalone game.
SirRight(eous)!

Off-line mode, LAN mode, online, and merge the Console side online with the PC online if that is even possible and still prevent cheats/hacks on the Console side.
I may not be interested in D3 anymore but these are excellent suggestions. This is the kind of stuff Blizzard needs to do...Warcraft 2 had a map editor for cryin out loud yet there is no offline play and no modding for D3? The worries about pirating and cheating don't make any sense since they won't be selling any more copies of D3 anyways. Online only is a bad direction for gaming in general imo.
11/24/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Ziegfried
I may not be interested in D3 anymore but these are excellent suggestions. This is the kind of stuff Blizzard needs to do...Warcraft 2 had a map editor for cryin out loud yet there is no offline play and no modding for D3? The worries about pirating and cheating don't make any sense since they won't be selling any more copies of D3 anyways. Online only is a bad direction for gaming in general imo.

Who knows maybe they will eek out a few more sales because of off-line mode and LAN mode. Secret gaming league during lunch in the office and across the corporate WAN. Go-go-go!!!
I'll admit one thing for sure, if Diablo 3 released an editor on the scale of the world editor that warcraft 3 has, I'd be beyond exhilarated! The world editor easily added over hundreds of hours on my time with warcraft 3.
SirRight,

Shoot me a message in the Blizz launcher about what games you are playing currently and any upcoming games you plan on playing.
It ain't happening.

Well, scratch that. It might happen when they take the D3 servers offline. Until then you're SoL, though.
I understand that we get a person every couple of years asking for off-line cheat mode.

Cheating is already rampant, but this would push it over the edge, and it's not something I want.

It's also not necessary in today's technological setting. I am online 100% of the time, watching Netflix, Twitch, playing games.

I can see that a small percentage of people have internet issues, and I am sorry.
@DOA:
Cheating in an off-line mode has absolutely _ZERO_ effect in the online game. Just because somebody wants to cheat and basically attach the training wheels to his game play I say this:
- it don't bother me none
- he/she is only cheating themselves
- LoL
- a few hundred more people cheating themselves has near zero or zero effect on network latency for those who play online and want to push leaderboards
- its better they cheat off-line in their off-line contained space and not bring their garbage into the online season game.
- LoL again
- look ma!... I got training wheels.
- hey, what can I do with 40,000 paragon?... off-line?
- #lolcheats
- applies cheats, applies loob, starts stroking his Inner-nUUb, shoots his wad, falls a sleep
- #BlowYourLoad #OMGLoL
- D3-RoS PC + cheats = 12 speed mountain bike turned into a Big-Wheel with training wheels
- Do those training wheels come with spinners or gold spokes?
11/24/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Orrion
It ain't happening.

Well, scratch that. It might happen when they take the D3 servers offline. Until then you're SoL, though.

They are better off adding off-line mode and LAN mode to THIS game since they got NOTHING except a product in development that:
A - is designed to help you potty train your 2 year old, and
B - give you something to do while you pinch a loaf on the porcelain throne
C - give that special guy or girl, you hook up with once a year for an EZ bang, a cheap $2.99 MTX birthday or X-Mas gift
11/24/2018 10:04 PMPosted by BossDogg
@DOA:
Cheating in an off-line mode has absolutely _ZERO_ effect in the online game. Just because somebody wants to cheat and basically attach the training wheels to his game play I say this:
- it don't bother me none
- he/she is only cheating themselves
- LoL
- a few hundred more people cheating themselves has near zero or zero effect on network latency for those who play online and want to push leaderboards
- its better they cheat off-line in their off-line contained space and not bring their garbage into the online season game.
- LoL again
- look ma!... I got training wheels.
- hey, what can I do with 40,000 paragon?... off-line?
- #lolcheats
- applies cheats, applies loob, starts stroking his Inner-nUUb, shoots his wad, falls a sleep
- #BlowYourLoad #OMGLoL
- D3-RoS PC + cheats = 12 speed mountain bike turned into a Big-Wheel with training wheels
- Do those training wheels come with spinners or gold spokes?

Is that why in D2 with their offline mode that the cheaters worked out how to hack the game and then transfer those cheats to work in online mode and you think offline mode won't affect online gaming. They learnt their lesson in D2 and went online only to stop the cheats going to online mode
Not gonna lie, I would instantly get back into D3 if I could play on custom maps and check out mods.
11/24/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Steve
Is that why in D2 with their offline mode that the cheaters worked out how to hack the game and then transfer those cheats to work in online mode and you think offline mode won't affect online gaming. They learnt their lesson in D2 and went online only to stop the cheats going to online mode

Let's not pretend network security hasn't improved in the past 2 decades.

There's also nothing that would guarantee an offline mode version would be precisely the same as server side under the hood. In effect, figuring out one doesn't mean you know how to manipulate the other.
11/24/2018 07:46 PMPosted by BossDogg
SirRight,

Shoot me a message in the Blizz launcher about what games you are playing currently and any upcoming games you plan on playing.

Will do! Good to see you again.