Diablo 4 FAN SUGGESTIONS

General Discussion
11/13/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Olbat
11/12/2018 03:50 PMPosted by ssanyesz

IIRC in earlier Diablo 3 versions (alpha or beta i don't know) there were different tier levels for runes and they were loots, not just selectable after x level. Maybe it meant to be the spell books' equivalent, got scraped, but it wasn't such a bad idea.

Also i would like to see again: light radius, charms, attack speed and faster cast rate, chance to hit based on dexterity, STR, DEX, INT requirements for armors and weapons, weapons with different attack speed for different classes, upgradeable skills with static damage, more connected feeling on inflicting damage.

No more billions of damages, no more main weapon is the primary source of power for all skills.

Interesting. But I also thing character progression does not necessarily need actual leveling up.
A character could for example improve one spell by repeating using this spell only.
Or improve it's sword masteries by using swords only. Improving dodging ability when fighting in melee... Having a number to determine the progression of the character is a way to more easily control the difficulty level, developer side. But it's not needed, it's theoretical and not story oriented.

Like in Dungeon Siege 1-2.

I always remember kindly to my donkey companion whom i fed with items and was my portable stash :D
11/13/2018 10:43 AMPosted by PebbleZ
11/13/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Olbat

Interesting. But I also thing character progression does not necessarily need actual leveling up.
A character could for example improve one spell by repeating using this spell only.
Or improve it's sword masteries by using swords only. Improving dodging ability when fighting in melee... Having a number to determine the progression of the character is a way to more easily control the difficulty level, developer side. But it's not needed, it's theoretical and not story oriented.

like bethesda does it ;)

btw: have u guys seen this? looks like we get some variety until d4 comes out (or we stay at the remake ;) ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-aLHqSs70s

Path of Diablo is a commendable effort, but its artstyle is clumsy. Many people also mention POE. In POE the reflections and the sharpness are too high, and it makes the game too shiny/plasticky. The general artstyle feels too diverse without vertebral column. Yes POE does have depth and content, but it fails in terms of accessibility and to make the journey immersive.
But the general feeling is that its ascetic is not well managed for both games.
I absolutely hate Diablo 3 art style and mechanics, but the product at least is more polished and more visually coherent despite its cartoonish art style.
Torchlight and Titan quest are even more cartoony, though I heard they have some nice game mechanics. Torchlight's music is made by Matt Uelmen, but It does no match Diablo's in my opinion. To make the right music, a musician has to be able to identify the style of each area, and Torchlight is unclear about it.

To sum up, D2 remains the king.
You just wasted your precious time when making suggestions. They will not even look them and not give a deckard cain earwax about it.
I think a beautiful game will always make you uncomfortable at some time. The first time I sold a Unique because I have no space left, I was miserable. But only by conquering the uncomfortable and come to terms with the game, you can actually fall in love with the game. That's why I feel modern games like d3 are way too user friendly and streamlined.
You pick it up and you let it go, because you didn't even think actively, you just follow the leads of the developers, they decided what was best for you, and you didn't even care.

I like playing d2 compares to rockclimbing.. you have to check for a good route, look for all the edges you can get and know when to go for a grip or set your feet in a better position. And the journey is not about going up, you meet people, you can choose your games, take your time in different lobbies, trade, pvp, take time to teach and share the huge amount of tips and exploits. The next Diablo needs to learn about all this and bring real life social interactions into the game.
11/16/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Olbat
I think a beautiful game will always make you uncomfortable at some time. The first time I sold a Unique because I have no space left, I was miserable. But only by conquering the uncomfortable and come to terms with the game, you can actually fall in love with the game. That's why I feel modern games like d3 are way too user friendly and streamlined.
You pick it up and you let it go, because you didn't even think actively, you just follow the leads of the developers, they decided what was best for you, and you didn't even care.

I like playing d2 compares to rockclimbing.. you have to check for a good route, look for all the edges you can get and know when to go for a grip or set your feet in a better position. And the journey is not about going up, you meet people, you can choose your games, take your time in different lobbies, trade, pvp, take time to teach and share the huge amount of tips and exploits. The next Diablo needs to learn about all this and bring real life social interactions into the game.

thats exaclty whats happening to me. i started playing diablo 2 after 16 years ;) and i still like it. currently i entered difficulty hell and i'm getting raped all the time. means i have to grind in difficulty nightmare for better gear. in diablo 2 u do ur season journey to get a free set and then u grind lvl 70 GR's "how exciting"
BTW: The attributes on weapons made diablo 2 really exciting. The +x% damage attribute on weapons makes some rare (or even the simple blue magics) more interessting than unique's (at least at my char lvl 69) which brings more viarity to items!
Hi OP, while what you say do make sense especially considering you based them off of watching old Diablo, unfortunately some of the suggestions basically require Blizzard to regress, and I doubt that is practical.

Perhaps if they could be framed in a way that allows for more inclusive compatibility with the "intrusive elements", they will be more practical.

Looking forward to your ideas.
you have phones dontcha?
1 important point for me relates to my honest feedback that i really HATE D3's legendary loot progression being the (primary to the point of feeling like its the) ONLY progression to ur character. I Miss D2's independently layered Skill Tree & Attribute distribution Progression with loot as the ICING to the cake rather than being the cake/icing/whole package....I LOVE the permanence as it makes me feel like im playing an RPG (classics) where u have a fantasy of what u want ur avatar to be and are diligently building towards it through multiple paths of progression in which im able to custom make a build/character no one else can have/play/experience unless they also go through the journey of building it. But a KEY point to this feeling & desire for me is that i am able to PLAY my fantasy out AS im building it. Ill give an example of what i mean by that:

1) D2: playing a Necromancer Summoner that has an army of undead skeleton & revives. I literally am slowly seeing my army increase 1 skeleton by 1 skeleton as i am getting stronger and putting each level up point into Summon Skeleton or Skeleton Mage to the limit and then going Mastery or w/e order i choose. I am PLAYING and experiencing my Undead Necromancer Summoner (Lord of the Undead) growing in power as i play a skelemancer from level 1 to level 60/70/80/ w/e. I AM a skelemancer - that's my RPG fantasy in this dark world of Diablo independent of what items randomly drop for me. I decide my build, it is not decided by whether i possess an item obtained via rng. And it is what i ALWAYS am.

In Contrast,

2) D3: I WANT to play a Might of the Earth Leapquake Barb (cause i saw it on youtube and it looked cool w/ the power rangers song in the background), I equip my skills...but then RNG dictates that i acquire random other legendaries and set pieces of Raekor instead, and then Wrath of the Wastes or what have you....i CANT Experience or Play the fantasy i have because the majority of the time played is me TRYING to be able to get the legendary items that let me even select the skills i want as opposed to being forced to play what is the highest dps because thats the fastest way to farm what i ACTUALLY want to play. The difference here is that im not playing an RPG where im building my Leapquake barb....im playing a shooter where the biggest dps gun dropped and im forced to equip it because im just trying to kill demons as fast as i can so that i can BEGIN playing a Role Playing Game with the fantasy i had at the start (as u sometimes do with rpg's)... no amount of progression in D3 gets me closer to the fantasy i want to play of my class (D&D Style character building) because its literally a binary rng drop of either i acquire it or i dont. I play w/e items drop (because higher dps means faster farming which means i can HOPEFULLY get the items that allows me to enjoy the game the WAY i want to play) and after trying 10 or 20 different variants of Barbs (except the 1 i wanted from the start) it tarnishes my experience of what i WANTED to play and also diminishes my experiences with those other items that COULD have been cool IF i wanted them...

TLDR: i dont want another D3 itemization system with legendaries (an even bigger offender than set items in my opinion) determining your build. That's not choice, thats a shooter (CoD or destiny-style) finding a new, more dps Gun, dictated by RNG and changing his loadout to accommodate the new gun rather than playing the fantasy he wanted to create when he picked his f'ing class! Think D&D old school RPG elements in a horror RPG game revolving around classes and class fantasy!

This is why i prefer the older, simpler but more depth because of LAYERING of the simpler progression systems of skill tree, attribute system, loot, runes, gems where the skill tree was the cake and u had TOTAL control of it, so the rng items felt LESS punishing. And why it felt more like traditional RPG's OVER an action looter-shooter.

They even tried this WoW's Legion expac and the players overwhelmingly hated it to the point where BfA is the 1st WoW expac that has literally gotten rid of any legendaries what-so-ever. It's SO restricting and outside of our control from the start.

/endrant