PTR DH Accomplishments and Notes

Demon Hunter
After an evening of an active PTR, the current top builds on the DH leaderboard are the hybrids followed by S6. The top DH has a GR128. The first UE I saw is at GR120.

I haven't ran much yet, but have tested my UE out a bit. My old PR was 105, I ran up to 109 with BoP then switched over to BoS for 110. I'm sure I have a couple GR lvls to go before I top out again.

Balance wise it is too early to tell, but DH is looking strong.
11/22/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Varadia
After an evening of an active PTR, the current top builds on the DH leaderboard are the hybrids followed by S6. The top DH has a GR128. The first UE I saw is at GR120.

I haven't ran much yet, but have tested my UE out a bit. My old PR was 105, I ran up to 109 with BoP then switched over to BoS for 110. I'm sure I have a couple GR lvls to go before I top out again.

Balance wise it is too early to tell, but DH is looking strong.

Thanks Var, so you're still seeing N6M4 at the top? This would refute what Rhykker mentioned in his latest video regarding new tiers that I mentioned in the PTR notes thread.
Rhykker know nuts abt dh
He probably just forgot this build. N6/M4 is buffed by th N6-buff by a multiplier of almost 4, so the potential of this build will increase by ~9 GR levels (even more when replacing RoRG with CoE in season).
It is hard to compare build power this early. The top hybrids have a signifiant average paragon advantage over the top S6's. #1 Hybrid has 7k+ para. #1 S6 (-5 GR) 3.6k
11/22/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Varadia
It is hard to compare build power this early. The top hybrids have a signifiant average paragon advantage over the top S6's. #1 Hybrid has 7k+ para. #1 S6 (-5 GR) 3.6k

P7000!??!? :o
11/22/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Hebalon
He probably just forgot this build. N6/M4 is buffed by th N6-buff by a multiplier of almost 4, so the potential of this build will increase by ~9 GR levels (even more when replacing RoRG with CoE in season).

If you're talking about pushing solo, don't most people have CoE on their follower? Will cubing it add any extra advantage? Do we get circles for both then?
Given how squishy DH is, maybe cubing Unity and putting another one on the follower would offer better survivability?

edit: Come to think about it, how about cubing the Ring of the Zodiac instead of RoRG? That should allow us to use "Companion" more often, helping with Hatred in general and also increasing dmg per hit?
In this early iteration of the PTR my UE is a solid +6 GR (105 to 111). I've only ran my Cold Hybrid up +4 so far (109 to 113). It's looking like I'm going to get +6 on the Hybrid also, just not quite as solid.

Earlier Dieoxide got a 5:11 110 with his UE :)

[I]eta: Had to trade some AD for Resist All to boost toughness to get the +6 GR with my UE[/i]
11/22/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Pja
don't most people have CoE on their follower?

No, that's Oculus Ring. COE is Convention of Elements...

As for me I went from 100 being my best with n6m4 and now I cleared a 114 on PTR. My highest ever on any toon before this PTR was 110 with a Pestilence Necro.
I'm kinda excited to see how a UE/Hybrid/S6/Monk (or ZDH) group will do.
11/22/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Shade
11/22/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Pja
don't most people have CoE on their follower?

No, that's Oculus Ring. COE is Convention of Elements...

D'oh, my bad. Not sure how I mixed those two up. Sorry about that!
For me, Hybrid and UE have both gotten a solid +6 GR via the PTR. With UE, 5 minute GR100's is the norm now. I'm really not skilled enough with S6 to do an informative analysis, so I hope someone else chimes in on that build.

On the Season side of the PTR things are looking interesting.

Top S6 - GR109 - Para 894
Top M6 - GR106 - Para 805
Top Hybrid - GR106 - Para 810
Top UE - GR101 - Para 800
Anyone tried N6/M4 in group with Cluster Bombs setup? If we can go 125 (with rorg in cube and not COE) solo with Loaded for Bear I think Cluster Bombs can do much more in group than that.
S6 seems to be playing a large part in the top 4P non season leaderboard. I didn't see any N6/M4 in the top 30 or so clears, but I'm not at all sure if anyone is seriously trying to push it at all, or if they got a good clear with the hybrid, but a better one with S6.
so this is what leaderboards look like eh?

Cold Hybrid (Unity cubed) went from barely a 102 clear and getting crushed on 103s to a zero death 111 just now in 12:14 at 1470 para

UE I haven't pushed myself - but I don't know what to replace TotH with on T13 farming - nothing lives long enough to need that buff...maybe hot pursuit?

Found some decent magefists so trying that out.

It's going to be very sad after S16 when all these builds die.
Logged in again after more than a year away from the game and did a couple runs on PTR with M6 grenades. Only cleared to 113 so far, but it's been really low effort. Don't even know if I'm wearing my best gear, I just jumped into GR with whatever was on my character, lol.
11/23/2018 07:05 PMPosted by TianZi
Logged in again after more than a year away from the game and did a couple runs on PTR with M6 grenades. Only cleared to 113 so far, but it's been really low effort. Don't even know if I'm wearing my best gear, I just jumped into GR with whatever was on my character, lol.

welcome back...need your endorsement on m6 nades for 2.6.4 :p
11/23/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Varadia
For me, Hybrid and UE have both gotten a solid +6 GR via the PTR.

+6 is pretty accurate. I'm at +8 right now with UE in PTR (cleared 116), but that's with the RORG buff. Take RORG away in S17 and I may drop a GR or two.
11/24/2018 03:03 PMPosted by RedCell
11/23/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Varadia
For me, Hybrid and UE have both gotten a solid +6 GR via the PTR.

+6 is pretty accurate. I'm at +8 right now with UE in PTR (cleared 116), but that's with the RORG buff. Take RORG away in S17 and I may drop a GR or two.

I noted in my own test results my experiences, short version is there are 2 distinct effects of the new buffs = pre=augmented and post augmented.

Math wise, the ~+5 GR at endgame, fully augmented is what the boosts suggests. Haven't augmented on PTR yet so can't confirm but it feels pretty right.

Pre=augmented though is a lot more boost - easily +10, up to ~+12. e.g. since S12 buffs, I've consistently cleared easily past 91+ using nothing but non-augmented, mostly ancient gear early in season.

On PTR I've now cleared 103 using nothing but non-augmented, 11 of 13 ancients, and non-optimal for stutter step MS using EW set vs. hellfire due to such short PTR can't really farm a good hellfire.

TLDR - in S16, for UE MS folks, expect to clear at least +10 GR higher when non-augmented, and eventually drift back down to ~+5 by fully geared and augmented stage.

Sadly, overall UE MS far underpeforms compared to the N6M4 - I'm now testing that and even using half as optimal gear as the MS gear I first rolled for, am clearing far better.

UE MS needs ~+500 buff on the set bonus vs the current 350 in my opinion.
11/24/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Jacozilla

UE MS needs ~+500 buff on the set bonus vs the current 350 in my opinion.

I kinda like dmkt's thought of increasing the UE 2 pc bonus to 75%. A major limiting factor in pushing higher GR's with UE for most of us is toughness.

Increasing the legendary affix of Dawn to 75% or so would make it easier to achieve 100% vengeance uptime. That would open up a slot to exchange CDR for some DPS or toughness.