Free RoRG rly not "game-breaking"...

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
With a huge number of class set changes and a game-breaking Seasonal buff, we know it will be very tempting to get your hands on as much as you can!

Free RoRG means the best builds can add one item, which results in a dmg buff to let you reach 2-4 higher grift levels. No new builds, old existing problems, so no reason to play.

Things that would be game-breaking:

• free RoRG stacks with additional RoRG or
  • remove all sets (and give everyone a global dmg multiplier) or
  • LoN bonus for free
Any thoughts? Everyone happy with season 16?
I'm afraid they seem to balance with that free RoRG in mind and not for next seasons/non season at all.
rorg is most lets say (not smart) seasonal buff ever

they should have sticked with exp bonus, leg drop rate and such
I don't think anyone has tipped their hand fully with what the free RoRG will do.

In a way I see limiting it to season acting like PoE does with Leagues; try something new and wacky, if it's fun and works then it gets added to the regular game.
Season RoRG should be exclusive for season theme.

Had RoRG became a permanent thing, then we will have a new complain like now everyone are forced to use 5 sets + 1 legendary to play D3.
Free RORG doesnt change anything. Any build that could have used RORG to its advantage already was. The buff is just mind games and lazyness.
Builds that use RoRG now get a free jewelry spot, which will often be used for CoE or likely Unity for a big defensive bonus, and builds that don't now get a free armor (maybe weapon) slot to fill, which does add some diversity to the season. I think its leagues better than just doubling stuff since this introduces at least the potential of some other builds/gameplay styles.
Seasonal buff should have been a reduction requirement of 2, then you would truly see different and new builds arise, changing the current meta.
11/25/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Fortyz
Seasonal buff should have been a reduction requirement of 2, then you would truly see different and new builds arise, changing the current meta.

Yeah, that would be fun. There is no balance / competetion / money in DIII anyway so why not break some things. Now Season 16 will be the same as the seasons before: get to T10++ in 1 day (thanks to Haedrigs Gift -.-) -> farm paragon with RatRuns forever.
I like the RoRG seasonal buff. But I don't think it is enough of a theme on its own. They need to add something else, RoRG buff + something