[Poll] Where would you place the camera in diablo 4?

General Discussion
I prefer an isometric camera angle for D4 like we've had for D1-D3. Otherwise, it just wouldn't feel like a Diablo game to me.
Help the developers? Oh yes sure.. They are hearing us right..
In a coffin... 6 feet underground
Camera=Gameplay
Even Jay Wilson knew that:

Shout at the Devil: The Making of Diablo III
https://youtu.be/FG10e0-JyjY?t=1034

I want something for the real Diablo fans. Make it isometric bird PoV, just like back in D1, D2 and D3. Easy as that.
11/23/2018 06:39 AMPosted by ElobaCarcen
Camera=Gameplay
Even Jay Wilson knew that:

Shout at the Devil: The Making of Diablo III
https://youtu.be/FG10e0-JyjY?t=1034

I want something for the real Diablo fans. Make it isometric bird PoV, just like back in D1, D2 and D3. Easy as that.

Yeah, I´m with you but I was thinking about the posibility of zoom in, for melee accuracy, and some zoom out, for ranged QoL.
Also I thought about enabling camera rotation because now in Diablo 3 HUD limites my click and vision range of the down side of the screen, so with rotation people can always have a good look of where they are heading.
BUT ALWAYS having in mind that we are talking about ISOMETRIC camera PoV, this is not WOW.
Hope to see your answers :)
This is unanswerable until they announce exactly what kind of game it is. If it's still the traditional Diablo-esque ARPG hack n' slash game, then sticking with the isometric camera is fine and probably the best option. If they're going in another direction, then it would be wise to explore other camera options.
Definitely isometric.
Dont care if it can be rotated.
like in D3
I'd place the camera wherever works best for game play.

This is of course quite hard to judge for a hypothetical game that is years from being released.
I find it interesting that so many people are intent on sticking with an isometric view, despite the relatively prevalent desire to make Diablo a scarier, darker, more atmospheric experience. Isometric camera viewpoints are extremely limited in this regard; you're basically limited to the original Diablo's approach, which is to make the light radius quite small.

Anyway, I certainly don't mind the idea of an isometric camera returning, but I really don't envision Blizzard being capable of innovating anymore within an isometric ARPG experience. D3 felt very much like a refinement of D2, and I highly suspect that if the core gameplay (hand-in-hand with the camera) doesn't change, D4 will be a further refinement of D3. As I don't want to see this, I think a shake-up is the way to go.

But I would suggest that everyone wanting an isometric camera experience, ask themselves whether or not it's worth the sort of shallow, low-atmosphere gameplay we have now. I'd put a 99% chance on that returning - likely in an even worse form - if the camera perspective remains unchanged.
The camera is on the back of my phone..
They should put it in the dev's conference room so we have a clue wtf is going on.
I'd go for 3rd person AND isometric. Quickly mousewheel between the two. Like Dragon Age (Origins).

3rd person for better immersion and longer view distance, dialogue.

Isometric for tactical view and CC spellcasting.
Please take your fake Diablo fan self and leave the forums. Your mindset is toxic to the core mechanics of how Diablo works. Please stop reposting new threads which can be expressed in a similar thread already posted,if you choose to stay here.
the same place it's always been, anywhere else is stupid
Id keep it in the same place its always been! With zoom options.. No spin.. Spin adds unnecessary problems in the game, as has been stated by devs in other titles who enabled this feature (I wanna say Grim Dawn, or Divinity: Original Sin?)If I want over the shoulder, or first person, or 3rd person, we have other titles for that.. Diablo is a top down, isometric arpg! Keep it that way!
11/23/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Vhailor
I find it interesting that so many people are intent on sticking with an isometric view, despite the relatively prevalent desire to make Diablo a scarier, darker, more atmospheric experience. Isometric camera viewpoints are extremely limited in this regard; you're basically limited to the original Diablo's approach, which is to make the light radius quite small.

Anyway, I certainly don't mind the idea of an isometric camera returning, but I really don't envision Blizzard being capable of innovating anymore within an isometric ARPG experience. D3 felt very much like a refinement of D2, and I highly suspect that if the core gameplay (hand-in-hand with the camera) doesn't change, D4 will be a further refinement of D3. As I don't want to see this, I think a shake-up is the way to go.

But I would suggest that everyone wanting an isometric camera experience, ask themselves whether or not it's worth the sort of shallow, low-atmosphere gameplay we have now. I'd put a 99% chance on that returning - likely in an even worse form - if the camera perspective remains unchanged.

We have other titles for different camera angles/features.. It wouldnt be Diablo from any other angle..
11/23/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Vhailor

For me the camera choice is not so much about atmosphere but more about gameplay. Directional controls of movement and targeting are the main thing I care about. Camera angles change how the game is played. It changes how much control you have over your abilities. For example. I like being able to vault in any direction. I like being able to drop bells all around me without having to spin the camera. The controls are the most important thing to me. Changing the camera changes the controls and that is unacceptable. If I wanted that type of gameplay I would play a game with that type of camera.
Clearly the camera will be on the back of the phone for Diablo 4.