Voice of Tyrael

General Discussion
Does anybody also feel that the voice of Tyrael in Diablo III is completely boring and uninspiring. Why this came to my mind because someone posted a D2 Cinematics link again in one of the posts.

Tyrael in D2 is completely deep, majestic somewhat really angelic. Though you can say he's not angel anymore in D3 but even in the ActII cinematic, while he was fighting with Imperius, the voice was completely boring.

I'd like to see what you think about this?

Edit: some typo
No not really, his message to Imperius during the cinematic was quite inspiring as well as impressive imo. Of course, it doesn't help that the most you'll hear from him at this point in the game is him talking about his stomach feeling strange.
His voice is fine
Pretty much everything in Diablo 3 is boring and uninspiring
They even used his voice in the Immoral cinematic trailer. Major turnoff.
Need to keep the hate going, right?
Some nice low-key racism you're runnin' with there, Vain. Not that it's the first time.
11/23/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Saidosha
Some nice low-key racism you're runnin' with there, Vain. Not that it's the first time.

No such thing as low-key, it's either racist or it isn't, and I don't see how what he said is racist
11/23/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Oblivion
No not really, his message to Imperius during the cinematic was quite inspiring as well as impressive imo. Of course, it doesn't help that the most you'll hear from him at this point in the game is him talking about his stomach feeling strange.

Cutscenes = Everything looks and sounds great.
Ingame = Everyone is a cartoon moron.

That's always bothered me. I've never read any Diablo books but I sometimes wonder which "world" they are set in as, to me at least, D3's cutscenes are very out of place with the rest of the game.
But... The voice actor in 3 is black, so it would have been a bit weird to have him be white wouldnt it? They have a nice range of colours in the player characters, (mostly white to deathly white...) so they didnt really have to shoehorn in a black guy. Most of the background or minor characters were white too, the only black guy I can think of in that category is the coward in the reaper of souls act. So they arent exactly shoving race in your face. They seem to be keeping race appropriate to location. As for the angels I think it'd be great if they were all black, that'd throw the stereotypical white angels idea on its side. Its like questioning if God is black, or even a woman, can you even imagine that? I like questioning things like that, even if I do hate what they did with L in the netflix Death Note... if you want an obvious racial insert go look into that. Tyrael was also a surprise for most people in an otherwise fairly predictable game, and it got people talking about it which is good. How do you know angels arent black? Or chimpanzees in robes? Just because the European artists drew what they thought was perfection at the time doesnt mean they should look like that. Besides our species evolved in Africa, so it makes sense the original race would have been dark skinned anyway...
People, I'm not talking about the race. I'm talking about the voice. Darth Vader's sound is James Earl Jones, he's black and he is awesome. But the actor for Tyrael is wrong because his voice doesn't have the echo and majestic mood of the D2 actor. And I'm not talking about effects. To me at least.

Just watch the cinematic Tyrael fought with Diablo in the tomb of Tal Rasha. Look at how glorious his voice sounds. His even one word is like a celestial command. And look at D3. Sounds like a college teacher trying to teach something to younger audience.
"voice is boring", never heard that expression before, hahaha...
other than that I found Tyrael's cinematics pretty cool.
The world in which Diablo exists is clearly not 100% analogous to Europe, or Middle Earth, or the typical white-only "medieval fantasy" world in many games. If I were to play a Lord of the Rings game that had african-american elves, yeah, that would upset me. But Sanctuary is obviously multi-cultural/multi-racial.

D2 had the Paladin. D2 Act II and III were populated by people who were non-white. Diablo 3's wizard is East Asian.

Furthermore, Tyrael is black in his mortal form. Saying that he's a black angel makes no sense, or is at least irrelevant. Angels are.. angels.