[2.6.4]Charge Barb in exp meta?

Barbarian
https://youtu.be/opZmWBMwjTc

I know is early to speak about new meta, but look good that Charge with Shadow DH dps
That's not new. There were 3-man pushes using Charge up to ... was it 119 last era? The DH is doing the real single target damage. Charge is mainly there to clear trash.

Regardless, 115-125 isn't really high. A good group can do Rats at 110-112 in 2-4 min.

Anyway, this is not likely to be optimal or used much. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. And if you don't have 4-6k Paragon, you won't be DPS regardless of class.
My clan mates yesterday ran 118 in 3min.
Ya, if they won’t change anything Charge barb comp is good substitute for rat runs. And no, you not gonna need 4-6k paragon, it scales same way as rats do, certain content at 1000, certain at 2000 etc.

Charge barb comp is decent XP farm. Plus, folks are sick and tired of rats past year as the only XP meta. They were running 106-108 charge comp in 3-3:30 on ptr with relatively low para, so long story short, you can play non-rats comp and be on same efficiency level next season.
01/17/2019 11:08 AMPosted by S4v4G3
Ya, if they won’t change anything Charge barb comp is good substitute for rat runs. And no, you not gonna need 4-6k paragon, it scales same way as rats do, certain content at 1000, certain at 2000 etc.

Charge barb comp is decent XP farm. Plus, folks are sick and tired of rats past year as the only XP meta. They were running 106-108 charge comp in 3-3:30 on ptr with relatively low para, so long story short, you can play non-rats comp and be on same efficiency level next season.

Yep even now they tried to run a little on NS. Not as good as rats but definetly not bad speed farm either. With CoE barb gets from RoRG it will be very close.
Rats still too strong especially with free RORG
im glad you guys bring back this post, i give a try this season to my Charge Barb to test that xp runs.
This season I will concentrate on charge barb exp meta runs too =))
Season rank 1 : charge impale zmonk zbarb. 119

It can do GR pretty fast. 105 within 5 min.

Damn. I like this new meta.
JustinFan, on a related note, can I ask a favor of you?

You seem to have access to the China leaderboards, which none of the rest of us do. If I start a new topic called "China Barb Leaderboard Report", would you stop in occasionally and let us know what's up? Like, clears for major sets, and for groups as well?

I would definitely appreciate it, and I'm sure many others would too.
I actually don’t have access. Usually the post some clears in Cain’s Corner. Then I will ask my friends to grab a picture of their gears.

I can’t check their gears by myself.

Sorry about that.
Excuse me but i do not get it about the LBs. Don't you have the Battle net application that you can select the region to login?
01/21/2019 08:35 AMPosted by V3n0m7
Excuse me but i do not get it about the LBs. Don't you have the Battle net application that you can select the region to login?

Yes, but China is not available for our app, they have their servers managed by 3rd party and they have a lot of things different than we do.
01/21/2019 07:42 AMPosted by JustinFan
I actually don’t have access. Usually the post some clears in Cain’s Corner. Then I will ask my friends to grab a picture of their gears.

I can’t check their gears by myself.

Sorry about that.

No problem, I totally get it. Well, if you hear of anything interesting, for instance high clears, please do stop by and let us know about it.
01/21/2019 10:50 AMPosted by Rage
please do stop by and let us know about it.

of course! :)
For GR100-105 speeds, Is two charge barbs not better than 1 charge + 1 zbarb?

Also, is it similar to rat runs where you basically only kill the trash around the elite packs and the whole party is zooming between elites?
I tried it. It was about as effective as rats if everyone knows what they are doing. In fact, I need to start doing it more. It has to be at least 4x effective for XP/hr as soloing. The Zs just move the group along and drag the DH to the elites while the IK6/RK4 barb kills the trash around the packs. Keep moving with monk/DH!

I also suggest swapping for Diamond in your helm for CDR and using Bane of the Powerful instead of Stricken. Definitely use Wreath if you are currently wasting time with Esoteric Alteration in solo pushes.