New Patch - Cool

General Discussion
This patch definitely changes things. I'm so looking forward to playing Diablo 3 now. Increasing set damage is totally the answer to making this game fun. I'm 100% gonna stop playing other arpgs and play Diablo 3 now. Instead of grinding GR 100, now I can grind GR 150. So much better. Thank you Blizzard. You guys are genius game developers.
11/20/2018 08:09 AMPosted by TardarSauce
This patch definitely changes things. I'm so looking forward to playing Diablo 3 now. Increasing set damage is totally the answer to making this game fun. I'm 100% gonna stop playing other arpgs and play Diablo 3 now. Instead of grinding GR 100, now I can grind GR 150. So much better. Thank you Blizzard. You guys are genius game developers.

lol rip
Next patch they’ll add two more letters to everything.

Aren’t you thankful?
i got baited, i down voted then read past the first line, and felt like a fool.

good on you. blizz will think you are being honest tho. im not calling them dumb, but i AM saying they're not smart.
Hey now, the LoN change might create some build diversity! We haven't had that in like what 15 seasons?
11/20/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Fusion
Hey now, the LoN change might create some build diversity! We haven't had that in like what 15 seasons?

You’ll still be banging your bored head against the wall doing the same boring content you were just doing. Tweak the numbers and sets all you want ... but it’s the same boring crap month after month year after year.
11/20/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Extinction

You’ll still be banging your bored head against the wall doing the same boring content you were just doing. Tweak the numbers and sets all you want ... but it’s the same boring crap month after month year after year.

why are you ruining the excitement for these guys !!!!! Let them have their so called exciting contents !!! just wait and see how long it takes them to realize what they are up against.
Hmmm... something smell devilish...
Well... changes outside set buffs are not that bad. Problem is that there are no new builds on horizon so...
"Let's just hit the entire game with the buff stick and see if it satisfies the Diablo community" - Activision
Yeah sweet damage buffs blizz! Too little too late, new PoE season coming out says hi.

Nope, set buffs and royal grandeur ring effect are making set builds skyrocket, LoN has to be stronger than just giving 500% damage with each ancient leg.
11/20/2018 08:59 AMPosted by InsaneChriZ

Nope, set buffs and royal grandeur ring effect are making set builds skyrocket, LoN has to be stronger than just giving 500% damage with each ancient leg.

Even if they do make LoN comparable then what? You make your character for the new season and rip towards your gift bags. Get your gift bags then you rift to gr with your LoN set instead of xxx set from last season. Wow ... amazing new gameplay loops.

What needs to happen to make this game even remotely interesting again is never gonna happen.

Other dev teams for competitor games are slaughtering this Blizzard Diablo team right now. S16 does nothing at all to change that fact.
Quick question on this part:

Primal Legendaries are now marked by a red beam when they drop
Primal Legendaries on the ground are now indicated by a red pentagram icon on the mini-map

Does this mean we'll know something is a primal when it drops (before we even ID it?)
You do realized they buffed other sets that are under performing. Thats one of the things people have been asking for. I been playing condemn sader forever cuase nothing really comes close in solo play. It will be nice to play maybe my inna monk which I like but it was so under performing that it wasn't worth it. I still think we need an item to socket jewelry and new ancients and them not tell us they added them. Would be awesome to find something no one has seen before. Is it a way to try and satisfy all the pissed off people...maybe not but it will make playing for the next 3 months a little more bearable cause I will be playing something different and trying new mix/match sets.
these d3 fan what a joke so easy to fool
5 min patch boost dps , oh wow now diablo is fun /facepalm
next week all of them will be boring

here 100% what i think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koQu8-VtzN0

A flat buff to LoN does nothing for build diversity. It merely boosts the few builds that happen to work with it, but it doesn't address in any way the core skill imbalance. A skill that's 10x stronger than another will still be 10x stronger, simply because the proportion of the disparity isn't touched by a flat damage buff across the board.

What they're doing with set buffs is trying to bring them on par with the strongest ones. which remain pretty much untouched. It's basically a second pass of what they did in patch 2.6.1, which actually made a lot of sets somewhat viable, but is nothing innovative on it's own. It's not supposed be a groundbreaking change, but an iterative one. You also need to keep in mind those crazy numbers are not very likely to remain that way for the final release. It's not the first time they crank things up excessively for testing purposes, only to dial things back down afterwards to more reasonable numbers.

That being said, this game is in desperate need for actually groundbreaking change, even more so after the blatant slap in the face we had during Blizzcon with their stupid mobile game. Blizzard is essentially getting overwhelmingly out-Diablo'd by GGG.
I think they are secretly taking screenshots of all the messages and having a blast at the christmas party.

"Look at them following us for 10+ years, they don't know what is going on, neither do we, merry christmas *insert burp*"
Hahaha at OP, good one!

Anyways, for those of you that actually play D3, which I am sure is few based on comments, the passive RoRG buff does actually change things a lot and at minimum affect our builds.

The set buffs do in fact change the meta, which is also welcomed I am sure to everyone who still plays.

That being said, PoE's Betrayal league just looks too good not to dump all of my ARPG time into.

I think I will just test the PTR for my quick D3 fix and see if it triggers anything, if not, I will patiently wait for season 17 (thanks to PoE, KH3, and tons of other games!).
11/20/2018 08:09 AMPosted by TardarSauce

if thats sarcasm its ok.
If no, then for your silines its just a 5 hours job for normal programer and 2 hours max ... for modeler. In other words .... simply balance patch of tweaking some numbers in sheets ~2 mins job and 4 hours reading the last 3 patch GR solo bases). You really think its patch that you wanted? if so ..... maybe that blizzcon was for you.