Make more Amulets useful by removing fixed affixes

PTR Feedback
Please remove guaranteed affix rolls from certain legendary amulets, so these amulets can be useful as well.

I am talking about that legendary amulets like Countess Julia's Came (the amulet that makes you immune to arcane damage) ALWAYS rolls with x% increased attack speed, or that The Ess of Johan (the amulet with the proc that pulls enemies together and slows them) ALWAYS rolls with cooldown reduction.

As you know, the vast majority of builds is only looking for amulets that have crit chance, crit damage, x% elemental damage and a socket, because everything else is just too much of a dps loss.

Since mainstat is also always spawning on these amulets, you can only reroll either mainstat or the second guaranteed affix, but no matter what, you'll lose out on a huge amount of damage, because in the end you will have an amulet with inferior affixes anyway.

If you would remove these guaranteed affixes, more amulets would become useful.

Here some amulets that could be useful in the endgame if they wouldn't spawn with guaranteed affixes:
  • Overwhelming Desire (chance to charm enemies on hit - enemies take 35% more damage while charmed)
  • Countess Julia's Cameo (makes you immune to arcane damage)
  • The Ess of Johan (chance to pull enemies together on hit)
  • The Star of Azkaranth (makes you immune to fire damage)
  • Xephirian Amulet (makes you immune to lightning damage)
  • What's the DPS gain of being able to stand in arcane sentries and damage elites continuously and uninterrupted?
    What's the DPS gain of having to evade arcane sentries while using a different amulet with +20% elemental damage?

What's the DPS gain of magically and occasionally balling up large amounts of enemies, AD and all considered (Meteor benefits, Chain Lightning doesn't benefit from AD, but it's a big win when everything is balled up)?
    What's the DPS gain of not having this effect at all using a different amulet with +20% elemental damage?

How do you even quantify DPS of utility and survivability? How the heck do you know that the conventional rolls really matter a lot in comparison to these gimmicky utility effects? I mean... elemental? If you have 40% already and you add another 20% on the amulet, does that 14% relative increase really matter versus a lesser roll compared to being able to simply stand in some arcane sentries doing continuous uninterrupted damage to elites... or, does it match the extra and concentrated AD meteor damage or Chain Lightning/MH procs (does it? I actually don't know... it's hard to model!)?
    I suggest make all immune amulet roll with 35% elemental damage of its own type.
    As stated by nslay, this would solve nothing. The effects are not enough to warrant change from Hellfire (free passive), traveler's pledge (endless walk) and a few other niche ones depending on spec.

You could argue the same for rings as well with several have set affixes but the same applies where really theres no point beyond unity, coe, compass rose, F&R, and few specific's that buff a key spell since the rest just cannot compare and usually the answer is using the cube slot for the effect.

Unless a legendary item pass is ever done, changing the fixed affixes is basically nearly pointless as the main items are still the go-to best items.
    Well, having fixed affixes removed makes it possible to get better versions of these amulets. I mean, if you're trying to increase elemental damage, CHC, CD while benefitting from Ess of Johann's effect on a LoN build, that's obviously better than an Ess of Johann with a fixed CDR roll.

My question is whether the current versions of amulets like Ess of Johann or immunity amulets already give you comparably more (or even less?) DPS versus the conventional sought-after rolls... And I think that's difficult to quantify. Survivability and utility obviously offer increased DPS (e.g. doing continuous damage as you stand in arcane sentries out damages having to constantly evade) ... how do you quantify that increase on average?

Another curious one is Flavor of Time which is a stat stick. Though even with its extra stats, may never be advantageous to use it... Or maybe not. Maybe you sacrifice some stat on another item for loads more DPS and you make up for it with Flavor of Time (if you ever get it to roll right)?
    Hellfire ammy without guaranteed main stat would be nice too.
    Or hellfire ammy of crit...
    11/27/2018 09:01 PMPosted by XelNagaIvan
    I suggest make all immune amulet roll with 35% elemental damage of its own type.

50% - 75% and we have a deal.
    11/27/2018 11:20 PMPosted by StuRedman

Or hellfire ammy of crit...

I'd take this any day. It's extremely tedious to get Hellfire with specific affixes and passive. Requires an insane amount of crafting and you're always out of materials. Having Hellfire amulet of Critical (with either guaranteed CHC or CHD) would significantly cut down unnecessary grinding.
    11/28/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Cybah
    11/27/2018 09:01 PMPosted by XelNagaIvan

50% - 75% and we have a deal.
    ...and included in the legendary power, basically like this:

Your [?] skills deal [50-75%] increased damage and you absorb all [?] damage dealt to you. Instead you are healed for 15% of the amount prevented.
    11/27/2018 09:23 PMPosted by nslay
    My question is whether the current versions of amulets like Ess of Johann or immunity amulets already give you comparably more (or even less?) DPS versus the conventional sought-after rolls...

I understand what you mean, but if it were already the case that for example Ess of Johan or Overwhelming Desire would be better than a Hellfire amulet or whatever, then more players would already use them.
    11/28/2018 09:37 AMPosted by clueso
    11/27/2018 09:23 PMPosted by nslay
    My question is whether the current versions of amulets like Ess of Johann or immunity amulets already give you comparably more (or even less?) DPS versus the conventional sought-after rolls...

I understand what you mean, but if it were already the case that for example Ess of Johan or Overwhelming Desire would be better than a Hellfire amulet or whatever, then more players would already use them.

That's a fallacy.
    Make all amulets have a fixed socket.