2-Handed Weapons + 2 Sockets?

General Discussion
10/10/2018 11:23 AMPosted by PowerCosmic
What’s silly is crusader can dual wield 2h. Barb can’t, so sad D2 to D3.
Crusader has to give up a passive to do it though.
10/10/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Kirottu
On a quick glance two cokets on a 2H weapon might seem reasonable. But when you start thinking things further, you'll soon realize how broken balancing would get.

Currently things are like this:
Dual wield 1H weapons: 2x 130% CHD
1H weapon + offhand: 130% CHD + 10% CHC
2H weapon: 130% CHD

Clearly 2H weapons have a disadvantage, right? The big problem is that crusaders can wield 2H weapon and shield simultaneously. If 2H weapons could have two sockets, that'd mean crusader would get 2x 130% CHD + 10% CHC, a massive advantage over all other classes.

2H weapons do need some rethinking to make them usable by other classes as well. Extra socket however is not the answer.

Just to point out that what you're saying IS true, Crusader performance is not so impressive that a second gem socket would actually upset anything. In fact, it'd boost performance by a couple tiers, putting them...squarely in the middle of the pack. More over, the builds that DO use 2-hand weapons (almost exclusively Roland) are at the lower end of the performance ladder anyway. So this concern of yours is mostly moot. The changes would actually HELP Crusader/Class balance rather than harm it. At least in terms of Crusaders.

Might of the Earth Barbarians, on the other hand, is a completely different story....
10/10/2018 11:43 AMPosted by LostSoul
On a quick glance two cokets on a 2H weapon might seem reasonable. But when you start thinking things further, you'll soon realize how broken balancing would get.

Clearly 2H weapons have a disadvantage, right? The big problem is that crusaders can wield 2H weapon and shield simultaneously. If 2H weapons could have two sockets, that'd mean crusader would get 2x 130% CHD + 10% CHC, a massive advantage over all other classes.

2H weapons do need some rethinking to make them usable by other classes as well. Extra socket however is not the answer.

Just to point out that what you're saying IS true, Crusader performance is not so impressive that a second gem socket would actually upset anything. In fact, it'd boost performance by a couple tiers, putting them...squarely in the middle of the pack. More over, the builds that DO use 2-hand weapons (almost exclusively Roland) are at the lower end of the performance ladder anyway. So this concern of yours is mostly moot. The changes would actually HELP Crusader/Class balance rather than harm it. At least in terms of Crusaders.

Might of the Earth Barbarians, on the other hand, is a completely different story....
I'm guessing you don't play much Crusader. It's one of the top, if not the top GR pushing class with Condemn and it uses Furnace, or a near perfect Blade of Prophecy.
Yeah, claiming that crusaders using 2H weapons are less powerful than most other builds is just utter rubbish. Condemn build in particular is the very best build in the game.
10/10/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Kirottu
Yeah, claiming that crusaders using 2H weapons are less powerful than most other builds is just utter rubbish. Condemn build in particular is the very best build in the game.
It was even better before they limited the extra Condemn explosions from BoP to 2.
10/10/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Meteorblade
10/10/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Lobsterbash
Manticore was ridiculously powerful because of the double sockets. But also virtually impossible to get.

I got a dual-socket Manticore during vanilla, when the GAH/RMAH were still a thing and at first glance I thought I'd hit the jackpot (I played just Barbarian at the time). Sadly, this was also in the days of Loot v1 and it rolled with INT so was pretty much worthless.

I sold one for 500m gold on rmah...

Exactly my point. I agree!
i agree 2 handed weapons should allow 2 sockets
10/10/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Kirottu

garbage condemn set up can eat my shorts lol....
Sheeptastic.