POE Players Celebrate D. I. Announcement

General Discussion
11/04/2018 10:03 AMPosted by jujijuji
https://www.pcinvasion.com/path-of-exile-diablo-reactions/
"
It’s been a turbulent 24 hours for Blizzard. During BlizzCon 2018, their announcement of Diablo: Immortal — which was only playable on mobile devices — didn’t just have a lukewarm reception. No, long-time PC players and fans were in full revolt. Blizzard’s decision, to many Diablo fans, was akin to a “slap in the face” and an affront to the franchise’s legacy. Elsewhere on the internet, this announcement was met with excitement. That’s because the perennial alternative to Diablo’s action role-playing (ARPG) goodness, Path of Exile, ended up having an influx of “Blizzard refugees.”
"

I mean...this doesn't really inspire me to try their product. If you're celebrating this because of the negativity it created, particularly because you think this is directly going to benefit you, that doesn't really speak highly of you as a human being. The PoE community has always struck me this way, and it has always been off putting.
11/04/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Demonmonger
11/04/2018 11:57 AMPosted by jujijuji
1) it's slow at the beginning just like sub 70 in D3, it get faster after you have gears and gems

2)I never spend any money when I play POE

You pretty much HAVE to buy stash tabs.

An honest $30-50 is well worth it though, the developers do continually add to the game, it feels good actually supporting them.

I completed POE originally and possibly later with one expansion without paying anything, so at the very least you can play for free and never spend money for stash slots until you are at a point where you can decide if you want to continue.

I put in a lot of hours at no cost before eventually paying for a couple things if I recall. At that point I thought it was well worth it.

Mobile games try to have you coughing up money right from the start and put roadblocks like energy and items behind cash walls.
It is funny becouse most of you declare yourself hardcore players and yet don't want to spend some hours to learn a game. Path of exile is a fantastic game and imo beside some stuffs that needs to be change is the most innovative game that was ever created. Everything is perfectly progressive in terms of mathematics. You have amazing crafting, content, skill diversity and trade. I quit diablo 3 not becouse it was a bad game but it turned bad once they decided to make soulbound items. Diablo 2 was great also becouse of the trading. Path of exile is sometimes too complex but at least it puts your mind to work. Diablo 3 as it is now it's pathetic and don't get me wrong, I loved diablo 2 and the first year of diablo 3 but after that they killed it.
11/04/2018 08:47 PMPosted by BossDogg
I gave up on PoE when Tencient (Chinese game developer) acquired them.

"Grinding Gear Games is still an independently-run company in New Zealand. All of its developers still work for Grinding Gear Games and have not become Tencent employees. The founders (Chris, Jonathan and Erik) are still running the company, just like we have been for the last 11 years. Going forward, we will have financial reporting obligations to Tencent but this will have minimal impact on our philosophy and operations. " - GGG

You should really research things before jumping to conclusions. You should also read up on the New Zealand article references on the GGG wiki at the bottom, and exactly what happened with the company, besides jumping to negative conclusions based on zero evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinding_Gear_Games

Go here, and scroll to the bottom, and click on the references. Also, the quote I just linked at the top of this post, is on their official website at the top on this page, 3rd from top:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147313
11/04/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Faux
PoE is NOT new player friendly at all, thats the problem with PoE, its a huge learning curve, lots of study time sadly.

It can be great if you put in lots of up front time, but its not like D3 where after 1 night of playing with a friend you can go off on your own and at least understand.

Thats why i dont play much PoE, i ws tried it a few times and i'm trying it again, sure i never got over level 80, but when i have to sit down and research, not list building, i mean actual 1hr long videos and forum/data posts for each piece of gear.

THis was one of my experiences, I need Str+res gear, so how do i get those gloves? OH it takes 20 steps? ok sure what are those steps? oh ok so i need these 7 materials and many of each, do this exact processes, now i have to find those 7 different materials and 50+ of each, ok another 10hrs of farming, ok now its been 5hrs of research and 15 hrs of farming, i can finally have my gloves for my 1 character.

Sure if you play a lot you'll have all this a bit better, but from a new player, its just terrible long grind for almost nothing, and i have to treat it like a job, i need to actually research more than i should.

I mean i'm giving PoE a full try this time, i'll try to get to T10 if i can, but so far its just work and not fun game play, and if i have to work 30-40hrs before i have fun, then its not a game anymore.
lol come on it’s really not that hard.. learn what currency does to items, learn how much total resist you need to hit max, use poe.trade to find what u want. Easy.
11/05/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Rowesy
11/04/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Faux
PoE is NOT new player friendly at all, thats the problem with PoE, its a huge learning curve, lots of study time sadly.

It can be great if you put in lots of up front time, but its not like D3 where after 1 night of playing with a friend you can go off on your own and at least understand.

Thats why i dont play much PoE, i ws tried it a few times and i'm trying it again, sure i never got over level 80, but when i have to sit down and research, not list building, i mean actual 1hr long videos and forum/data posts for each piece of gear.

THis was one of my experiences, I need Str+res gear, so how do i get those gloves? OH it takes 20 steps? ok sure what are those steps? oh ok so i need these 7 materials and many of each, do this exact processes, now i have to find those 7 different materials and 50+ of each, ok another 10hrs of farming, ok now its been 5hrs of research and 15 hrs of farming, i can finally have my gloves for my 1 character.

Sure if you play a lot you'll have all this a bit better, but from a new player, its just terrible long grind for almost nothing, and i have to treat it like a job, i need to actually research more than i should.

I mean i'm giving PoE a full try this time, i'll try to get to T10 if i can, but so far its just work and not fun game play, and if i have to work 30-40hrs before i have fun, then its not a game anymore.
lol come on it’s really not that hard.. learn what currency does to items, learn how much total resist you need to hit max, use poe.trade to find what u want. Easy.

Everyone who complains like this about Path of Exile, I have specifically called out to show me their experience on the game, by logging in, and showing me their character. None of them have taken me up on that offer.

Obviously these people complaining are level 30s, with 3 days played, who have barely seen 1% of the game. Level 1 - 85 is like 20% of Path of Exile. The other 80% is mapping past max ascendancy, doing shaper/elder influence, and grinding out items to push you to T15 and beyond. As well as farming statues of the goddess in maps, so you can run Uber Labs for uber chests.

Farming 1,500 Orbs of Fusing to get a 6 link in a unique armor (this takes FOREVER). Leveling up your mercs to max level, tweaking gears with elder and shaper mods, farming low% drops on the actual hardest fights in the game, that only drop from those specific fights. Leveling up skill gems 2 TIMES to level 20, to get a 20% quality version. Etc, I could go on all day.

If anyone complaining about Path of Exile wants to take me up on the offer, to even prove you know anything about the actual endgame of Path of Exile, link me a discord. I will be more than happy to chat with you to validate if your "opinion" of the game, is a legitimate one based on experience, or you simply talking out of your butt.

Frankly, I, and people with actual PoE experience are tired of the people who pretend like they know anything about Path of Exile, then demand the game is bad, based on absolutely no experience in the game. It's getting old.

Complaining about PoE before level 90, is like complaining about Diablo 3 before you have ever gotten a single 6 piece set.
11/04/2018 11:40 AMPosted by EVISR8R
POE feels slow to me so far. I'm sure it gets better but, it's full of mtx's. Isn't that a big concern with immortal. Besides being on a crap platform. Also, wasn't that a big complaint with the RMAH? Maybe I'm wrong. Just seems like more of the same.

Yep you are wrong, its has many MTX yes, but they are only cosmetic.

The only thing you proably should buy are stash tabs, but if you really enjoy the game like me you dont regret investing some bucks into it and feel good about supporting GGG.

You get big content updates every 3 months for free not something lile double goblins lul
I hope all you PoE shills are paying daddy Tencent your minimum of $60 for your pretty skins. Else daddy Tencent will change your pay model.
Smart diablo players play Grim Dawn-- just saying
11/05/2018 05:38 AMPosted by MadCow
I hope all you PoE shills are paying daddy Tencent your minimum of $60 for your pretty skins. Else daddy Tencent will change your pay model.

Enjoy your double caches. Maybe you will get double gems next year as a big content update.
POE feels slow to me so far. I'm sure it gets better but, it's full of mtx's. Isn't that a big concern with immortal. Besides being on a crap platform. Also, wasn't that a big complaint with the RMAH? Maybe I'm wrong. Just seems like more of the same.

PoE is so freaking clunky to play, not fun.

Torchlight 3 though
11/05/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Pesmergia
11/05/2018 05:38 AMPosted by MadCow

Enjoy your double caches. Maybe you will get double gems next year as a big content update.

did you donate to Daddy Tencent yet? Don't worry I've spent enough hours in PoE to know where that games heading.

In case you don't believe me:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MadCow46
11/05/2018 06:18 AMPosted by OnlyReaper

PoE is so freaking clunky to play, not fun.

Torchlight 3 though

Clunky? What do you have in playtime in PoE? Like a week? Lemme guess, another level 40 hero with a valid opinion, who has played 1% of PoE. Thought so.
PoE community calling Diablo Fans "fanboys" while easylie accepting to grind forever and play something that is not fun for hours to get the the fun part their game makes me laugh so hard a bit wee is coming out.

A good game is always fun. If there is a 40h barrier of unfun !@#$ the game just isnt good.

Games are meant to be fun guys. No need to torture players. Iam a fan of ARPG but I rather play something else until a AAA title is coming in the genre. I really tried PoE but if the game is torturing me for more than 30minutes with unfun clunky !@#$ iam just not playing it.

Grim Dawn, Diablo, literally everything is enjoyable within the first 30 minutes of play but not PoE for me.

11/05/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Pesmergia
Clunky? What do you have in playtime in PoE? Like a week? Lemme guess, another level 40 hero with a valid opinion, who has played 1% of PoE. Thought so.

So its acceptable to have a week playtime (124hours) of clunkyness and still call it good? el oh el
<span class="truncated">...</span>

did you donate to Daddy Tencent yet? Don't worry I've spent enough hours in PoE to know where that games heading.

And what direction is that Madcow? Please stop being vague.

DO you mean this direction?

Thanks for proving you literally did zero research, and are basing your opinion of Tencent on zero evidence, and the only basis for your argument of Tencent, is an overexaggerated negative view without factual backing.

Is Grinding Gear Games becoming part of Tencent?

Grinding Gear Games is still an independently-run company in New Zealand. All of its developers still work for Grinding Gear Games and have not become Tencent employees. The founders (Chris, Jonathan and Erik) are still running the company, just like we have been for the last 11 years. Going forward, we will have financial reporting obligations to Tencent but this will have minimal impact on our philosophy and operations.

Will Tencent try to change Path of Exile?

No. We spoke to CEOs of other companies that Tencent has invested in, and have been assured that Tencent has never tried to interfere with game design or operations outside of China. We retain full control of Path of Exile and will only make changes that we feel are best for the game.

Will Path of Exile become Pay to Win?

No. We will not make any changes to its monetisation on our international servers.

Try again Madcow.
11/05/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Waynedetta
So its acceptable to have a week playtime (124hours) of clunkyness and still call it good? el oh el

I'm sorry you are slow at learning, and are spoiled with Diablo 3 powerleveling to max level in 5 minutes. It's okay. I promise you can complete more than 1% of PoE if you try.

Thanks for proving you literally did zero research, and are basing your opinion of Tencent on zero evidence, and the only basis for your argument of Tencent, is an overexaggerated negative view without factual backing.

Grinding Gear Games is still an independently-run company in New Zealand. All of its developers still work for Grinding Gear Games and have not become Tencent employees. The founders (Chris, Jonathan and Erik) are still running the company, just like we have been for the last 11 years. Going forward, we will have financial reporting obligations to Tencent but this will have minimal impact on our philosophy and operations.

No. We spoke to CEOs of other companies that Tencent has invested in, and have been assured that Tencent has never tried to interfere with game design or operations outside of China. We retain full control of Path of Exile and will only make changes that we feel are best for the game.

No. We will not make any changes to its monetisation on our international servers.

Try again Madcow.

and if you beleive that I've got some swamp land in Florida I can sell you. Give it a year or two for Tencent to notice the profits aren't coming in as promised.

also here is a good read explaining the eventual problem from Charan Jaydmere one of Chris's personal friends and probably the largest single donator from a non corporate source.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2174945

Try again Madcow.

and if you beleive that I've got some swamp land in Florida I can sell you. Give it a year or two for Tencent to notice the profits aren't coming in as promised.

also here is a good read explaining the eventual problem from Charan Jaydmere one of Chris's personal friends and probably the largest single donator from a non corporate source.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2174945

That post you linked is embarrassing, and laughable you even link it. It's literally someone crying and making wild "IF/THEN" claims.

If the spaghetti monster attacks me in my sleep, then I will respond with my lazers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

The fallacy of false dilemma is strong with you.
11/05/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Pesmergia
I'm sorry you are slow at learning, and are spoiled with Diablo 3 powerleveling to max level in 5 minutes. It's okay. I promise you can complete more than 1% of PoE if you try.

Wtf kind of response is that? XD is that basicially a "yes"? No doubt I could complete more than 1% of PoE if I tryd, but why would I. Iam not as stupid as you wasting 100 of hours of my time into something as unfun as PoE. Thanks for the clarification.
if you are slow in PoE you are doing it wrong :D