Mobile Gaming is the Future

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Gamers may deny it but portability and mobile gaming is the natural progressive evolution of video gaming, it's only natural that the next entry to the Diablo series is on mobile. This is no different from D3 launch wherein players bemoaned the lost of anachronistic features like stat and skill distributions,etc. People are just blinded by nostalgia and bias towards mobile gaming unable to accept the gaming fashion of the times.
Highly Rated
A mobile phone will never have the power or graphics of a desktop... In electronics, size matters. Also touchscreen interfaces are not up to par yet with conventional interfaces. Your argument is a pipe dream.
Highly Rated
If mobile is the future of gaming, then I'm no longer a gamer.
Highly Rated
The only future mobile gaming has is in the predatory cash grab industry.

Mobile games are not actually games they are money milking machines.

Actual gamers know this.
It's been 10 year already that dev are claiming that mobile gaming is the future... The most successful game on phone were Angry Bird and Cooking Mama. That say a lot about mobile gaming industry.
Because people wanna play on a small screen when they can play on a big screen.
Mobile gaming is for when Iam bored and not at home.
Yeah I highly doubt it's "the future". Battery life is abysmal as it is and the only way you're gonna be able to really do anything with this is if you're babysitting your charger. "Portable".
This must be one of the "whales" we hear so much about.
Go away OP.
You want some mobile gaming? Go buy a Nintendo Switch.
Literally the only two successful games on mobile I can think of that aren't in the hyper-casual league of Candy Crush are Fallout Shelter and Hearthstone.

Twl out of thousands. Some future that is.

I purposely left out Pokemon GO. Sure it's successful, but it's an extremely easy, streamlined and casual version of the usual game mechanics.
Mobile gaming? You mean mobile gambling machines for addicts.
11/04/2018 11:43 AMPosted by SirDerp
Gamers may deny it but portability and mobile gaming is the natural progressive evolution of video gaming, it's only natural that the next entry to the Diablo series is on mobile. This is no different from D3 launch wherein players bemoaned the lost of anachronistic features like stat and skill distributions,etc. People are just blinded by nostalgia and bias towards mobile gaming unable to accept the gaming fashion of the times.

If that were true then everybody would have laptops by this point, and laptops would be better than alternatives.

But that didn't happen.
Yeah sure. I love to play on a touchscreen. It's even better when the screen is the size of my pocket ! /sarcasm
A platform with significantly weaker technical capabilities than a PC (compare your phone, or even a high-end tablet, to a 1080TI), horrid touch control schemes which offer no tactile feedback, are hard on your fingers, and take away from already-limited screen resources, and that's known for its predatory f2p pay-to-win games filled with microtransactions is not the future of gaming.

If you'd said the future was to be things like the Switch - mobile but with an actual controller and full-priced, full-featured games - I'd still have disagreed with "the future of gaming" but could respect the opinion as it fills an important niche. But phones and tablets? For serious, hardcore gaming? Never going to happen.
Mobile gaming is a psychological method to induce gambling addiction for the purposes of profit. You never have to put down your slot machine with mobile gaming, not even to eat or poop.
I think a distinct would need to be made for 2 different categories, casual on the go gaming and more hardcore gamers.
Why would i ever play on my 144hz UW with my SLI 1080s, when i could simply jump on my phone with a 6" screen and use sub par controls!?

THE FUTURE IS NOW

My god the white knights of the shill table are in full force
For the love of good the fact that it is a mobile game is not a problem.

Also mobile gaming is stupid not because of the limitations of the plattform bot because of the design philosophie of the games on it.

If you look closly on this games than you will see that they are all designed to grab money wherever they can.

That is not anymore like a shop with microtransaction in a game it is the complete game designed around the shop.

If this trend goes on, which it currently does, than it doesnt matter if you get VR , 16K or whatever other gimmick for the mobile devices.
11/04/2018 11:43 AMPosted by SirDerp
Gamers may deny it

Nobody denied it. 4 words and you're already wrong.

Dislike.