Mobile Gaming is the Future

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
I'm old enough to remember seeing the Gameboy come along.

Players went from Super NES or Sega CD or other similar consoles to a 2 inch screen that was grey with 1 shade of darker color grey graphics.

It was INSANITY to me then. But that Gameboy was huge success!
11/04/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Battledude

Players went from Super NES or Sega CD or other similar consoles to a 2 inch screen that was grey with 1 shade of darker color grey graphics.

Hello! I like you! Simply because I still have my white and black Gameboy - yeah the original non colored one ;D
11/04/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Battledude

Is it any wonder why the Nintendo Switch is a huge success.
Eh pretty much everyone arguing for the point that mobile gaming is the future is completely missing the point: even though pc/console games and mobile games are both electronic games, they cater to completely different crowds and will never replace each other

Sadly blizzard missed this point as well. You can never play a solid MOBA on a mobile phone, nor an RTS or FPS. Sure there’s mobile PUBG, but it pales in comparison to the pc version if you have both

Likewise, you cannot lug your pc or console on the way to work, or back, or to the toilet, so mobile games pretty much are here to stay as well

The issue is Blizz hyping D4 up to primarily a PC/console crowd then announcing it to a primarily (heck, maybe even a 100%) pc/console crowd at BlizzCon. This is just insulting and shows just now completely out of touch they are. So stop saying mobile games are the future on a pc forum. They are virtually mutually exclusive with extremely minor overlaps and will stay that way for a long long time, due to the inherent and unchangeable nature of their respective platforms
the only condition I would be considering playing this game under, would be sitting on a couch, connected to a big monitor. And then I would be amazed at how empty the thing is. If you want to fit a full game into a tiny screen, you need to sacrifice a lot, in terms of graphics load, reducing drastically enemy amount, props, ui...
A more appropiate statement would be;

"The big buck profit is in mobile gaming"

That I would agree on.