Beware of PoE

Games & Technology
For all of those praising PoE and GGG, just remember that the chinese tech company Tencent acquired them in may this year. Tencent is apparently the bigger player in the mobile game industry in china and has a policy of mtx.
So wouldn't put it past them putting more malicious practices in that game in the future.
11/07/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Nefall
For all of those praising PoE and GGG, just remember that the chinese tech company Tencent acquired them in may this year. Tencent is apparently the bigger player in the mobile game industry in china and has a policy of mtx.
So wouldn't put it past them putting more malicious practices in that game in the future.

"Grinding Gear Games is still an independently-run company in New Zealand. All of its developers still work for Grinding Gear Games and have not become Tencent employees. The founders (Chris, Jonathan and Erik) are still running the company, just like we have been for the last 11 years. Going forward, we will have financial reporting obligations to Tencent but this will have minimal impact on our philosophy and operations. "
I hope GGG doesn't mess this up, I've got far more hours in PoE than in D2 and D3 combined, it would make it worse than the recent Blizzcon disaster.
We have Grim Dawn also and Last Epoch with Torchlight Frontiers shall come. Do not worry
Just don't start selling microtransactions to children on mobile phone games like Activision please.

Drop from Mature rating for all Diablo content to Teen for Immoral

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blizzard.diablo.immortal&hl=en
If I'm not mistaken, Tencent became a part of POE before the Delve League launched and there haven't been any P2W microtransactions added. GGG knows what they are doing.
So it’s basically Tencent vs NetEase in China
Proxy wars over in China I guess
11/07/2018 03:17 PMPosted by ARTPOP
If I'm not mistaken, Tencent became a part of POE before the Delve League launched and there haven't been any P2W microtransactions added. GGG knows what they are doing.

It was announced May 20th of this year. So far so good!
11/07/2018 03:17 PMPosted by ARTPOP

Also they have the bright example represented by Activion/Blizz how do not should to do.
OP You are not wrong. But so far, GGG has kept their connection to their community.
PoE already has lucrative MTX in the form of pets and cosmetics and stashes. They don't need to make any others, and if they did the gravy train of what they currently make would come to a screeching halt. People have np with MTX there because it has zero effect on gameplay and the ability to be competitive. Ten Cent made a smart move with PoE, and hopefully GGG received a strong enough financial investment to keep the game healthy for a long time. Win Win.
"Grinding Gear Games is still an independently-run company in New Zealand. All of its developers still work for Grinding Gear Games and have not become Tencent employees. The founders (Chris, Jonathan and Erik) are still running the company, just like we have been for the last 11 years. Going forward, we will have financial reporting obligations to Tencent but this will have minimal impact on our philosophy and operations. "

Replace GGG with Blizzard and Tencent with Activision. That's how it was back then and look at them now
OP is correct, even though NZ made and employees currently in NZ, Tencent does own GGG and the profits and decisions made in the future are not going to be done by this games company.

If you are planning on playing POE be aware that they are also just a large corporation that is based in China, and they have only recently been acquired so the worst is yet to come.

The fan boys are real.
"Beware of PoE"

If GGG took PoE in the wrong direction you would get player feedback and backlash similar to what Blizzard are currently experiencing.
OP you are just concern trolling and trying to invent issues that don't exist to deflect the real issue Blizzard created for themselves.

"More" malicious practices? Are there any right now? I'm not aware of any.

This is some Russia-tier shilling, really.
Not all people are good at playing "connect the dots".
Tencent also happens to own about $2.5 billion worth of Blizzard shares. Just saying...

This sounds familiar...
11/07/2018 03:14 PMPosted by LuykAndRocco
We have Grim Dawn also and Last Epoch with Torchlight Frontiers shall come. Do not worry
Torchlight Frontiers has perfect world entertainment attached to it I would be cautious of that one.