Siting in bar with friends

General Discussion
Week + from bliZzcon.
Still sad. Still alone.
I see you have a phone.
11/14/2018 01:04 PMPosted by IRMARIUS
Week + from bliZzcon.
Still sad. Still alone.

You just said you have friends right? Sorry you feel alone. You are not.

*sends you a drink of choice*

*gets self a glass of wine*

I am currently curled up with a pair of cats and my laptop. Going to have to get up soon though and make a large rosemary pork roast, broccoli, and fall butternut squash with cinnamon, allspice, and real maple. My dad is visiting this evening so it will be less lonely.

I honestly feel emotionally exhausted right now.

How is everyone else doing? Anything good to share?
I tried cooking butternut squash during the fall. The neighbor kids received a random plant from school. Butternut squash, as it turns out. Forgot to mention we planted it in my Garden.
I'm a bad cook.
11/14/2018 01:13 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Week + from bliZzcon.
Still sad. Still alone.

I am currently curled up with a pair of cats and my laptop. Going to have to get up soon though and make a large rosemary pork roast, broccoli, and fall butternut squash with cinnamon, allspice, and real maple. My dad is visiting this evening so it will be less lonely.

Went to work, Sat in work truck for 2 hours playing games on my mobile gaming device. Got sent home because nothing to do. Got paid for 12 hours. Day going great
Come on guys we might just be fine. If my theory is right D4 is out April first so we avoid error 37 hell. Also because reverse April's fools is funny.
Week + from bliZzcon.
Still sad. Still alone.

Yes, the forums is now the place to find friendly faces. Almost feels like the old D2 forums again. Boy, I miss those days!

I had my sister and her husband over for the weekend, and we ended up playing a few rounds of "Betrayal at the House Hill." Was a lot of fun.

I dunno why I shared, but I sympathize with wanting to see something positive around here.
Anything good to share?

Can I stroke the cats whilst I'm waiting for a portion of that dinner you're making?
11/14/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Audaylon
I tried cooking butternut squash during the fall. The neighbor kids received a random plant from school. Butternut squash, as it turns out. Forgot to mention we planted it in my Garden.
I'm a bad cook.

If you ever get another one it is very very easy to cook! You don't even have to peel it.

1 squash
butter
real maple syrup
cinnamon
allspice (ground)
Baking dish (I like a microwave proof glass bread pan)

Wash. Cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds* Place in baking dish. Apply butter to the orange part. Sprinkle with cinnamon and allspice then drizzle with maple. Roast in oven at 350 until the flesh is soft and you can easily stick a fork in it. OR Microwave - cover and cook about 10-15 mins on high until easy to scoop flesh out.

Carefully scoop the soft squash out of the shell, add more butter or adjust spices as needed.

Edit ** I forgot! Seeds can be washed, dried, and roasted just like pumpkin seeds!
11/14/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Meteorblade
Anything good to share?

Can I stroke the cats whilst I'm waiting for a portion of that dinner you're making?

That is a popular past time here! The two on me now are not that social so likely would not want to let a stranger touch them. They are kind of my babies. The other one, Callie, is a lovebug and would happily sit on you for hours if you give her treats.

11/14/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Brogoth
I had my sister and her husband over for the weekend, and we ended up playing a few rounds of "Betrayal at the House Hill." Was a lot of fun.

I dunno why I shared, but I sympathize with wanting to see something positive around here.

That does sound fun! Glad you shared and that you had a good weekend :)
This just reminds me how awesome it used to be having people friends come over to binge play Diablo 1/2/3. Only makes the discovery that it'll be a matter of years before any relevant content to my favorite past game franchise comes sting more.
Week + from bliZzcon.
Still sad. Still alone.

Don't forget the applesauce :)

Wish I had something good to share, for someone invested in the tech industry, this month has been just as brutal $ wise as the Diablo Panel at blizzcon lmao. Laugh to not cry. XD
11/14/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Fusion
Don't forget the applesauce :)

Great reminder! I just fetched some from the pantry and put it on the counter so I don't forget. I also should have enough pan drippings to make gravy. The roast as a nice fat cap on it that should brown beautifully and give it a lot of flavor.

11/14/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Garret99
Only makes the discovery that it'll be a matter of years before any relevant content to my favorite past game franchise comes sting more.

I am holding out some hope that Season 16 is going to have a few changes besides the buff an cosmetics. That would be good news.
Poe expansion made me a bit happy
I'm just sitting down about to start work (Australia) thought I'd give the forums one last check in the off chance someone with some spine would actually respond.

See you at lunchtime forums!
I have decided that the forums need a Bar thread from now on. I will see if I can make that happen. They allow one lounge type thread in some forums so we might be able to.

Also, the forum outrage that hit all the old style forums for the past hour has been resolved.

Roast is in the oven and the house smells amazing!

*pours more wine*
Week + from bliZzcon.
Still sad. Still alone.

I would say fried but motivated. I have 3 exams this week. 1 down and got a 94% on it. Tomorrow is a Computer Architecture exam. There isn't enough coffee in the world to prepare me for that exam.