DIABLO IV - What Do We Expect?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 19 Next
Optional Micro Transactions can be implemented but it has to be 100% guaranteed its not Pay-To-Win. This means the transactions MUST be cosmetic only. This also means that there must be a setting in the options that allow us to "view reality of other players" AKA ensure we can turn off the visual stuff others buy.

Example: some noobs use "Pony Portrait" and totally breaks immersion for every other player in the team because there is a friken rainbow on the screen WTF? This is why there must be an option to disable visual-mods and show the actual gear of people. People that bought these visual perks will of course always see them if they wish to.

The benefit of Optional Cosmetic Micro-Transactions is that we can rely on "Whales" to spend thousands of dollars per week on these things and thus we all get to see new content in certain intervals.

This is how I would do Micro-Transactions:

Cool visual stuff like transmogs and effects can be bought for Micro-Transactions. ALL of these visual perks can ALSO be obtained in-game through Grinding and questing etc. "Whales" get to buy their stuff, and real gamers get to grind it out. I would also implement Visual-Perks that can ONLY be grinded, and never purchased as well.

D4 must follow this mantra:

Time-investment + Knowledge + Determination + Patience = Profit.

Time-Investment + Not seeking knowledge + Lack of Patience = Failure

D4 MUST be for "Real-Gamers" and "Real Diablo Fans" that invest time and effort to grind out and achieve their awesome gear and characters. This is a fundamental aspect of a Loot and XP Grinding game like Diablo (D2LOD shows us how it's done)
@TOPCommander I don't agree that Diablo should only appeal to diablo "hardcore" fans. You can casually play D2, you will have a great time. But will probably never see the best gear and have a lv 85+ character. I played much D2 casually some time ago. Only got enigma thanks to a "leaving player" and now i usually replay offline(awful internet)

About cosmetic microtransactions, an lich or vampire skill for necro(similar to Trang set on D2), new visual effects on skills like PoE "premium" skill effects, an skill who replaces an "red" hidra with another color(not pink) etc can be implemented. But pony pink microtransaction should't exist.
#1 thing I want to see? The franchise sold to a company who still wants to make games.
More than anything, I want ALL D4 content to be relevant. Think about how much of D3's content we all skip. It's depressing.

We rush to 70 because of the design of the game, so if things by design, we slowed down...we could enjoy the progress to 70.

How many legendaries in the game are useless/irrelevant?

How many skills in the game never get used? Again, bad design because of the fact that sets pidgeon-hole us into builds and forcing us to use certain skills making the vast majority of skills irrelevant.

Greater Rift progression/whites. I was thinking of this earlier today while walking through trash to get to the next elite pack and how bizarre of a idea that really is. We have to because of progress globes. But, it's such a bizarre way to play. So, the vast majority of enemies in the game = irrelevant.

D3 clans. Are they important? Are they relevant. Do they add value to the game? Is there trading? Is there clan stash? Make clans relevant.
I expect nothing. I won't be playing it. Diablo3 is the last and it doesn't have enough stash tabs. GL to all you out there.
I do not want D4 to be anything like D2 or D3.

So OP's idea is off to me.

Let the D4 devs do their job.

I pray the devs don't listen to the loud mouthed fools that ruin great ideas.

^^ This is very important and what I want.

Primals are not what anyone wants as it is.

But this is not Blizzards problem or fault.

Primal version 1 was perfect, yet hundreds of trolls screamed and yelled on this forum and Blizzard gave in and we ended up with Primals as is.

Leave the Devs alone to do their job.
01/07/2019 10:15 AMPosted by Chetanji

Great ideas? What are the D1 great ideas?

Put a lot of mmo mechanics like cooldown in most skills? Remove skill progression? remove attribute progression? Make the game start at lv cap?
I expect Decard Cain. That's it.
01/07/2019 04:02 PMPosted by Exalted

I suspect D4 will take place between D1 and D2 or shortly after D2, hence we will see Cain again.

Hopefully he will identify all items in your inventory like normal, without WOW cast-bars or WOW Cooldowns...

Cooldowns, skills with 10'000% damage, and ridiculous player and monster HP should all be banned from D4.

I hope whoever will be in charge of D4 will be a "Diablo Leader" and not someone biased by other genres, trying to "Reinvent the wheel" all over again like they tried with D3 and failed miserably in terms of "Diablo".
11/20/2018 09:24 AMPosted by TOPCommander
Here is what I personally want from DIABLO IV:

https://i.imgur.com/9vaEax4.jpg

"High-Level"-Overview - What D4 NEEDS:

• D1&D2 Style Music (Composed by Matt Uelmen)
  • D1&D2 Style Atmosphere and Mood. Plausible Biblical Dark Gothic Medieval World that is being invaded by the forces of Hell. We the mortal-heroes embark on a unlikely to succeed journey, in an attempt to wander a medieval world that is being engulfed in evil misery, flames, and is about to break apart and be swallowed into the infernal pits of hell. Maybe, just maybe, we the foolish heroes reach the end of our dangerous and long journey where the Devil Himself awaits our misery so he can absorb our soul and turn our carcass into another hellish creature that will wander the world in an attempt to spread more evil. Maybe, just maybe, we dare to attempt to slay the Mortal-Incarnation of the Devil Himself, and save the Mortal World from destruction.
  • Signature and Iconic Isometric-View
  • Lore with a focus on strong medieval-biblical mood-setting, rather than shoving poor story-writing and story-telling down our throats with weird Butterflies and borderline retarded villains etc.
  • Fully Randomized Big Area Maps (Real Procedural Tile-Based Map Generation) that create a true mesh of maps that give a sense of "world". Between acts there should be big and elaborated "hub towns". That world, is also full of dungeons, caves, abandoned castle ruins, abandoned temples, crumbling remains from the crusades, crypts, crumbling remains of various architectural styles according to the cultures that lived there (Medieval Europe, Mystic Persia, The Amazon, Celtic culture, Asian or East-Indian cultures etc.)
  • High-Detail Act-Hub-Towns where players can hang out, group up, trade, PVP, craft etc.
  • D2-LOD Style Itemization (Normal/Ethereal/Magic/Rare/Set/Unique/Runeword/Charms Items etc. and new stuff added on top) D2LOD itemization cleaned up a bit, and pushed to the next level.
  • Huge amount of Quest-Lines that offer visual as well as real character-development perks. Many quests are tied to the story, and many quests are optional. Some quests must have highly desirable rewards, where as other quests can offer only small rewards.
  • Main Time-Sink in D4 must be Questing, and killing countless monsters and leveling up in the process, which also results in long-term Loot-Hunt. All of these activities must be meshed together. Questing must be tied to character development. Character Development must consist of Leveling up, developing Skill Trees, Questing for world-advancement and highly desirable character perks, as well as Loot hunt that rounds off our own character builds and optimizes them.
  • Leveling 1-99 where the final levels require a lot of time-investment and applying Game knowledge. (Leveling 90-99 should be "icing on the cake" and not "make or break" a character)
  • 50% or more of the Character Power comes from Character Level and Skill Tree Choices
  • 50% or less of the Character Power comes from a huge variety of gear choices that further improve the chosen Skills from the Skill Trees.
  • 6-8 Players
  • ALL Content balanced for Solo AND Team Play
  • Optional Item-for-Item Trading
  • Optional Ranked "Wild-West" Open World PVP with Permanent Opt-Out (collect heads/hearts/ears for display in hideout)
  • Optional Ranked Arena PVP
  • Single-Player Offline Mode (Characters separate from Online-Characters)
  • Expandable Player-Hideouts and Clan-Hideouts
  • D3 Style Fluid Combat
  • D3 Style Overall-Game-Polish
  • D3 Style Technical-Polish
  • POE Style listening to Long-Term Core-Diablo Veterans, as well as immediately acting upon the feedback that comes from the Core-Diablo Veterans
  • 100% Optional NON-Pay-To-Win Micro-Transactions for Cosmetic In-Game perks like Transmogs (Enable Everyone to set an option in the settings to view the Real Visuals of other players' gear)

• Core DIABLO Pillars:

• Deep Long-Term Character Development & Leveling (especially in the final 10 character levels - aka 90-99)
  • Deep and interesting Itemization & Long-Term-Loot-Hunt
  • Dark Gothic Medieval Hopeless Mood/Setting/Music/World
  • Visceral, Engaging, and satisfying Combat and World-Engagement
  • Endless Replayability trough Random World generation, Long-term Loothunt (aka "I have yet to find items X, Y, Z to perfection my build") and huge amount of Lore-Rooted Epic Quest-Lines as well as optional Item-For-Item Trading and PVP and other time-sinks.

*Many additional Quest-Lines must be dispersed throughout the world that have nothing to do with the game lore itself, but rather are tied to their own lore and areas within the world or characters in the game world. Example: you stumble upon temple ruins in some act and area map, and you stumble upon a writing on a wall in that temple, and the writing reveals an old myth from the civilization that once lived there, and you can accept and embark on a journey to complete that quest-line, or you just keep going with the normal Game-Lore quest lines for now, and choose to come back later to complete this optional Quest-Line at a later time.
  • Absolute NO-GO for D4:

• NO Cooldowns (Ridiculous spells that deal 10'000x your regular damage must NOT exist to begin with)
  • NO Developer dictated Builds and gear designed by the devs to be mandatory for the Developer-Dicated-Builds etc. (aka NO D3-Itemization BS)
  • NO Endless Difficulty where we never get to finally feel powerful after months of XP grinding, questing, and Loot-Grinding, and only find out that we can now increase the difficulty to feel weak again (D3 sucks in this regard).
  • NO Timers and "Timed Runs" aka "Greater Rifts". Abolish "Greater Rifts" and you solve two massive issues in one shot (Endless Difficulty and Timed Content)
  • NO Teddy-Bears, Unicorns, Cartoon-Art-Style, and catastrophically misplaced attempts at humor etc.
  • NO Progress Globes that are more Action than "RPG". Monster or Boss Kill = XP Progress
  • NO Health Globes that are more Action than "RPG". Our health regenerates by means of specific Gear Affixes, Character Skill Tree Choices, and good old Health Potion (a potion that slowly regenerates over time, and killing monsters accelerates the potion recovery).
  • NO Skill "Generators" and "Spenders" like in D3. Instead we want just normal D2-Like Skills that have a varying mana costs. End-Game characters can become so powerful that they require less use of the Mana Potion. Mana regeneration speed is based on character level, specific gear affixes, skill tree choices, as well as auras that come from gear or skills
  • NO Disney-Type Villains that have mental abilities of 3-year-olds (D3's Asmodan and all others...)
  • NO Forced Raiding, where people are forced to play with others to experience various game-content. ALL regular world content must be available to solo as well as multiplayer parties.
  • NO D3-Type static and small-world crap where it takes only 10 seconds to get from one end of the map to the other
  • NO Loot-Welfare aka D3's Loot failure where items rain from the sky like candy, and stupid "NPCs" like "Kadala" exist that just sell you gear.
  • NO stupid "Kanai's" Cube recipes to create items that should only be obtainable by adventuring in the world and killing dangerous monsters like Bosses and Elite/Unique monsters. Crafting can and MUST exist, but the items that can be crafted must be exclusive to crafting. Items that drop, must exclusively come from world drops. (no more "bloodsharting" or "crafting" of BIS items just because you could not find it yet)
  • NO Chat-Window that fades in and out during fierce combat. (Chat Window should ONLY be active when the user presses Enter. Messages from others can obviously appear in the chat area at all times)
  • NO Ridiculous HUGE "Mini"-Map that steals huge amounts of screen "real-estate". Allow us to modify the minimap size, and even remove it entirely if we want to.
  • NO Items that make or break a particular PLAYER-CREATED build. Instead, Items MUST round-off and optimize PLAYER-CREATED Builds. Items can be designed like huge Quality-Of-Life improvements, but can NOT ever be mandatory like Sets in D3 or items with "Legendary Affixes" because those items just become mandatory as well.

• Remember: 50% or MORE of our character power MUST come from our own Skill-Tree Builds, and items are ONLY responsible for 50% or LESS of our character power. Items must round-off, optimize, and improve our Already powerful builds. This ensures that no item is mandatory, and many constellations could potentially work for a particular build. Will "optimal-cookie-cutter-builds" exist? Absolutely, but those players that could not level-up high enough and could not find the items needed for "Cookie-Cutting", will still be able to play end-game-difficulty just fine even with "average" or "Random-Entry-Level" gear.

REMEMBER: D2 itemization just needs a silk-gloved light clean-up and then needs to be pushed to the next level in order to be OP-Crazy-Good and allow D4 to reclaim the Isometric ARPG Crown

Agreed. Good post.
    01/23/2019 03:28 PMPosted by TOPCommander
    01/07/2019 04:02 PMPosted by Exalted

I suspect D4 will take place between D1 and D2 or shortly after D2, hence we will see Cain again.

Well, D:I takes place between 2 and 3, so there you go. Haha.

Hopefully he will identify all items in your inventory like normal, without WOW cast-bars or WOW Cooldowns...

You mean normal like the original game where you had to pay for it and he only did 1 item at a time? Sure let’s bring that back.

Cooldowns, skills with 10'000% damage, and ridiculous player and monster HP should all be banned from D4.

Nothing wrong, yeah, and kinda related to the previous one, respectively.

I hope whoever will be in charge of D4 will be a "Diablo Leader" and not someone biased by other genres, trying to "Reinvent the wheel" all over again like they tried with D3 and failed miserably in terms of "Diablo".

Biased by other genres.. pretty much every game is influenced by multiple sources.

And.. D1 and D2 were BOTH basically reinventions of the wheel.

Primal version 1 was perfect, yet hundreds of trolls screamed and yelled on this forum and Blizzard gave in and we ended up with Primals as is.

They didnt, the 'loud mouthed fools' wanted diablo 3 and we ended up with this version of their game.
    Now hopefully they'll listen to us and make us a proper diablo 4, their vision of d3 was... diabolical (excuse pun)
    The idea of hideouts is pretty good. I will say that an game mode(optional separated from main game) where you need to defend your hideout and prepare defenses from hordes of enemies and can hire mercenaries can be epic.
    I expect D4 to have new game play, new lore, new maps, new itemization, new world and for it have the Blizzard name on it.

DIE Diablo Immortal Editions*
    will have new game play, new lore, new maps, new itemization, new world and the Blizzard name on it.
    I don't expect a Diablo 4 game.
    01/23/2019 04:31 PMPosted by pawlie

They didnt, the 'loud mouthed fools' wanted diablo 3 and we ended up with this version of their game.
    Now hopefully they'll listen to us and make us a proper diablo 4, their vision of d3 was... diabolical (excuse pun)

Primals v1 was trash, sorry.
    op ideas mostly are horrible.
    the guy just took all bad from d2 and all bad from path of exile and wants d4 to contain outdated rudimental elements from those games.
    hope devs will never do most of things he "expects".
    01/24/2019 05:46 AMPosted by TaintedFate
    the guy just took all bad from d2 and all bad from path of exile and wants d4 to contain outdated rudimental elements from those games.

Why his ideas are bad? He is asking for things that Diablo did right.

One other thing that i particularly want is CURSED gear from Diablo 1.
    I want to be able to attack invulnerable chickens until they start attacking me from all sides of the screen.

This is important.

Out of curiosity, for those who played the SNES Zelda game, who didn't just naturally discover this?
    I'm fine with diablo 3 with new expansions
    not the little !@#$ like the necromancer

endless difficulty >