DIABLO IV - What Do We Expect?

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 Next
They will announce in 2023 that they cancel development as they are not happy with quality of product to compete with many AAA titles in the market that will be around a that time. Pretty much like Ghost.
02/22/2019 05:51 AMPosted by Chipoodle
They will announce in 2023 that they cancel development as they are not happy with quality of product to compete with many AAA titles in the market that will be around a that time. Pretty much like Ghost.

Honestly, that is the mostly like scenario. Unfortunately this is the reality.

Very few people care about Ghost, & Warcraft adventures. Diablo is still a big name in PC gaming, not matter your opinion on D3.
To be a thing that exists, first of all.

'Multiple diablo projects' being in development is damage control and nothing concrete to me.
03/02/2019 09:58 PMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r

Why are you bumping this pile of junk AGAIN?
I think we can expect Paragon 10000 levels of complaints about how D4 is not like D2 or D3 or PoE or Forza and so on.

More Horsepower and 4WD is all I want.
03/04/2019 05:45 AMPosted by Orrion

In my opinion the original post is not junk. I agree with just about everything said in the OP. This person does seem to spam very similar threads but at least it’s feedback, much more constructive than anything I’ve ever seen you post.
03/04/2019 04:12 AMPosted by Katsabas
'Multiple diablo projects' being in development is damage control and nothing concrete to me.

With job announcements, i believe that is true.

[/quote]

Is not piece of junk. HE said everything that D IV needs in a very easy to read way.

I just wanna add that attributes should be back to what was on D1. I really believe that attributes should be used to measure your character capabilities, not to just buff numbers that means nothing...
Not make it in phones...
03/02/2019 09:58 PMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r

It's not a pile of junk. There are some great posts in here.
I dont expect much, i just have 0 faith in blizzard anymore, i question if they even know how to make a true story driven experience, its been nothing but loot box / free to play trash with little to no content for years now and so much big talent have left over the last couple of years i dont even know if they can pull off a big game like Diablo 4.
I would like them to find a means of making money beyond just sales. I would be fine with them selling cosmetics to keep a cash flow so we can get new content once in a while. Works great for other games like Fortnite which made 2.4 billion in 2018. If they could not make new content with a fraction of that then hell.
03/07/2019 06:31 PMPosted by Rodnetard
I would like them to find a means of making money beyond just sales. I would be fine with them selling cosmetics to keep a cash flow so we can get new content once in a while. Works great for other games like Fortnite which made 2.4 billion in 2018. If they could not make new content with a fraction of that then hell.

I agree, on D2 some sets gives unique auras and a lot of people spend days trying to get those items. PoE can maintain itself with only cosmetic microtransaction.

I just don't wanna silly stuff like replace skeletons with llamas.
03/07/2019 06:31 PMPosted by Rodnetard

I personally prefer a buy-once model.

Base game - one purchase
Expansion 1 - one purchase
Expansion 2 - one purchase
etc.

I also like the idea of Standard version, collectors edition, Digital Deluxe editions of the base game or expansions.

I dont mind if they come up with a MTX cosmetics model, but there are things that I do not like.

Without MTX the armor and weapons often look crappy (Poe has this problem).

I would love to have MTX transmogs, but players can also earn these transmogs in-game through in-game grinding. Whales can just buy all of them if they want to without having to grind for them.

Another thing I would hate is a Overwatch MTX model, where you must gamble real-world money in order to get a specific transmog you want (Loot Box gambling). Thats the worst.

Finally, I would also love to have a setting in the options that enables us to just display all gear from other players based on the actual gear they were able to grind for. In D2, a character showed you what gear or set a player was wearing. And to be honest, I find it ridiculous to play for 2 hours and only get crap gear, and players using transmogs to look like people that grinded for 200 hours, yet they only deal 3 damage per hit.

However, in the end a transmog MTX shop where you KNOW exactly what you are buying like in POE, would be the best solution for an ongoing revenue stream, where every player profits, even those players that dont spend hundreds of dollars on transmogs.

Alternative spell effects is another thing that I like in POE, but this is also a bad thing at the same time, because as I said above, some skills in POE look "acceptable" at best, and there is an MTX spell effect remodel that makes the spell look amazing visually. So I would prefer that the base game always has awesome looking armor and spells etc. simply an AAA game with an AAA price tag, yet it also offers alternate transmogs and spell MTX.

I would love to be able to GRIND in-game any of those cool transmogs and alternate visual spell effects as well, as long as I am willing to grind for it for a few days, or i can alternatively "skip playing the game" and just purchase the cool transmogs etc. This caters to both kinds of players IMO.
POE is not a free to play game unless you're ok that your character looks like a can of tuna.
Lootboxes, micro transactions, server issues, 10 year release window, graphics that are dated at launch, features that are promised but never delivered, devs and cms ignoring feedback and condescending to the fanbase.
No D4 just another Immortal expension :P
11/20/2018 09:24 AMPosted by TOPCommander
D2-LOD Style Itemization

No thanks, Classic had better itemization.
11/20/2018 09:24 AMPosted by TOPCommander
Here is what I personally would like to see from DIABLO IV:

https://i.imgur.com/9vaEax4.jpg

Foreword:

Diablo 3 design and Ideology (After the departure of Blizzard North's Diablo-Creators):

Certain Key-Individuals involved with the development of D3, have shown complete lack of must-know knowledge about D2LOD, it's predecessor. When key-individuals on the developer team don't know the predecessor game (D2LOD) inside-out, they are simply not qualified to make decisions on creating a successor. It has become undeniably evident, that grave lack of D2LOD knowledge, perverse disrespect to the Roots of the Diablo Franchise (D1/D2LOD), as well as ignorance and flamboyant arrogance, have nearly destroyed the once greatest ARPG IP known in the gaming world. It is fundamentally important that people that make fundamental decisions on D4 MUST have not only deep knowledge of D2LOD, but must also have a deep passion for D2LOD, and Diablo as a whole.

It is my opinion that D3 is from the very beginning a game that was designed to be "retaining" the leaving WOW playerbase at the time (around 2012). It was a betrayal of the tens of millions of people that LOVE Diablo (D1 and especially D2LOD). D3, rather than be a deeper and bigger successor to the beloved D2LOD, was instead dumbed down, simplified, and right out robbed of established and signature features. Fundamental decisions have been made by unqualified people to ensure the game would be easily portable to the console market, rather than be the true successor to D2-LOD for its Home-Market, the PC.

"High-Level"-Overview - What D4 NEEDS:

• D1&D2 Style Music (Composed by Matt Uelmen)
  • D1&D2 Style Atmosphere and Mood. Plausible Biblical Dark Gothic Medieval World that is being invaded by the forces of Hell. We the mortal-heroes embark on a unlikely to succeed journey, in an attempt to wander a medieval world that is being engulfed in evil misery, flames, and is about to break apart and be swallowed into the infernal pits of hell. Maybe, just maybe, we the foolish heroes reach the end of our dangerous and long journey where the Devil Himself awaits our misery so he can absorb our soul and turn our carcass into another hellish creature that will wander the world in an attempt to spread more evil. Maybe, just maybe, we dare to attempt to slay the Mortal-Incarnation of the Devil Himself, and save the Mortal World from destruction.
  • Signature and Iconic Isometric-View
  • Lore with a focus on strong medieval-biblical mood-setting, rather than shoving poor story-writing and story-telling down our throats with weird Butterflies and borderline retarded villains etc.
  • Surface Maps are not only tile-based and procedural generated, but also wide-open with castle ruins, bridges, creeks, vegetation, Lore-structures, quest-structures, etc. Filled with Monster packs, unique mini-bosses, Champions, Elites, Super-Elites etc. Some Monsters have dangerous auras, and those monsters can by pure chance and randomness be in the proximity of a trash pack, and thus turn that trash pack into a highly dangerous encounter. Dynamic situations can arise where even two or three elite-packs mingle in a huge group of trash mobs, turning it into a death-trap or slaughter-fest depending on if the player is underleveled and under-geared or properly leveled and properly geared due to magic finding and character building.
  • Fully Randomized Big Area Maps (Procedural Tile-Based Map Generation utilizing hundreds or even thousands of small-size tiles per map) that create a true mesh of maps that give a sense of "world". Between acts there should be big and elaborated "hub towns". That world, is also full of dungeons, caves, abandoned castle ruins, abandoned temples, crumbling remains from the crusades, crypts, crumbling remains of various architectural styles according to the cultures that lived there (Medieval Europe, Mystic Persia, The Amazon, Celtic culture, Asian or East-Indian cultures etc.)
  • High-Detail Act-Hub-Towns where players can hang out, group up, trade, PVP, craft etc.
  • D2-LOD Style Itemization (Normal/Ethereal/Magic/Rare/Set/Unique/Runeword/Charms Items etc. and new stuff added on top) D2LOD itemization cleaned up a bit, and pushed to the next level.
  • Huge amount of Quest-Lines that offer visual as well as real character-development perks. Many quests are tied to the story, and many quests are optional. Some quests must have highly desirable rewards, where as other quests can offer only small rewards.
  • Main Time-Sink in D4 must be Questing, and killing countless monsters and leveling up in the process, which also results in long-term Loot-Hunt. All of these activities must be meshed together. Questing must be tied to character development. Character Development must consist of Leveling up, developing Skill Trees, Questing for world-advancement and highly desirable character perks, as well as Loot hunt that rounds off our own character builds and optimizes them.
  • Leveling 1-99 where the final levels require a lot of time-investment and applying Game knowledge. Leveling 85-99 should be "icing on the cake" and a status symbol. It should offer more skill-points we can spend, but should not "make or break" a build. In D2, a character with a level of 85 is not much much weaker than a level 95 etc, yet it still gives a clear incentive to keep grinding out those last levels and receive the associated power with investing the time.
  • 50% or more of the Character Power comes from Character Level and Skill Tree Choices
  • 50% or less of the Character Power comes from a huge variety of gear choices that further improve the chosen Skills from the Skill Trees.
  • 6-8 Players
  • Magic Find as an affix MUST come back - No Brainer
  • ALL Content balanced for Solo AND Team Play
  • Optional Item-for-Item Trading
  • Optional Ranked "Wild-West" Open World PVP with Permanent Opt-Out (collect heads/hearts/ears for display in hideout)
  • Optional Ranked Arena PVP
  • Single-Player Offline Mode (Characters separate from Online-Characters)
  • Expandable Player-Hideouts and Clan-Hideouts
  • D3 Style Fluid Combat
  • D3 Style Overall-Game-Polish
  • D3 Style Technical-Polish
  • POE Style listening to Long-Term Core-Diablo Veterans, as well as immediately acting upon the feedback that comes from the Core-Diablo Veterans
  • 100% Optional NON-Pay-To-Win Micro-Transactions for Cosmetic In-Game perks like Transmogs (Enable Everyone to set an option in the settings to view the Real Visuals of other players' gear)

• Core DIABLO Pillars:

• Deep Long-Term Character Development & Leveling (especially in the final 10 character levels - aka 90-99)
  • Deep and interesting Itemization & Long-Term-Loot-Hunt
  • Dark Gothic Medieval Hopeless Mood/Setting/Music/World
  • Visceral, Engaging, and satisfying Combat and World-Engagement
  • Endless Replayability trough Random World generation, Long-term Loothunt (aka "I have yet to find items X, Y, Z to perfection my build") and huge amount of Lore-Rooted Epic Quest-Lines as well as optional Item-For-Item Trading and PVP and other time-sinks.

*Many additional Quest-Lines must be dispersed throughout the world that have nothing to do with the game lore itself, but rather are tied to their own lore and areas within the world or characters in the game world. Example: you stumble upon temple ruins in some act and area map, and you stumble upon a writing on a wall in that temple, and the writing reveals an old myth from the civilization that once lived there, and you can accept and embark on a journey to complete that quest-line, or you just keep going with the normal Game-Lore quest lines for now, and choose to come back later to complete this optional Quest-Line at a later time.
  • Absolute NO-GO for D4:

• NO Cooldowns (Ridiculous spells that deal 10'000x your regular damage must NOT exist to begin with)
  • NO Developer dictated Builds and gear designed by the devs to be mandatory for the Developer-Dicated-Builds etc. (aka NO D3-Itemization BS)
  • NO Endless Difficulty where we never get to finally feel powerful after months of XP grinding, questing, and Loot-Grinding, and only find out that we can now increase the difficulty to feel weak again (D3 sucks in this regard).
  • NO Timers and "Timed Runs" aka "Greater Rifts". Abolish "Greater Rifts" and you solve two massive issues in one shot (Endless Difficulty and Timed Content)
  • NO Teddy-Bears, Unicorns, Cartoon-Art-Style, and catastrophically misplaced attempts at humor etc.
  • NO Progress Globes that are more Action than "RPG". Monster or Boss Kill = XP Progress
  • NO Health Globes that are more Action than "RPG". Our health regenerates by means of specific Gear Affixes, Character Skill Tree Choices, and good old Health Potion (a potion that slowly regenerates over time, and killing monsters accelerates the potion recovery).
  • NO Skill "Generators" and "Spenders" like in D3. Instead we want just normal D2-Like Skills that have a varying mana costs. End-Game characters can become so powerful that they require less use of the Mana Potion. Mana regeneration speed is based on character level, specific gear affixes, skill tree choices, as well as auras that come from gear or skills
  • NO Disney-Type Villains that have mental abilities of 3-year-olds (D3's Asmodan and all others...)
  • NO Forced Raiding, where people are forced to play with others to experience various game-content. ALL regular world content must be available to solo as well as multiplayer parties.
  • NO D3-Type static and small-world crap where it takes only 10 seconds to get from one end of the map to the other
  • NO Loot-Welfare aka D3's Loot failure where items rain from the sky like candy, and stupid "NPCs" like "Kadala" exist that just sell you gear.
  • NO stupid "Kanai's" Cube recipes to create items that should only be obtainable by adventuring in the world and killing dangerous monsters like Bosses and Elite/Unique monsters. Crafting can and MUST exist, but the items that can be crafted must be exclusive to crafting. Items that drop, must exclusively come from world drops. (no more "bloodsharting" or "crafting" of BIS items just because you could not find it yet)
  • NO Chat-Window that fades in and out during fierce combat. (Chat Window should ONLY be active when the user presses Enter. Messages from others can obviously appear in the chat area at all times)
  • NO Ridiculous HUGE "Mini"-Map that steals huge amounts of screen "real-estate". Allow us to modify the minimap size, and even remove it entirely if we want to.
  • NO Items that make or break a particular PLAYER-CREATED build. Instead, Items MUST round-off and optimize PLAYER-CREATED Builds. Items can be designed like huge Quality-Of-Life improvements, but can NOT ever be mandatory like Sets in D3 or items with "Legendary Affixes" because those items just become mandatory as well.

• Remember: 50% or MORE of our character power MUST come from our own Skill-Tree Builds, and items are ONLY responsible for 50% or LESS of our character power. Items must round-off, optimize, and improve our Already powerful builds. This ensures that no item is mandatory, and many constellations could potentially work for a particular build. Will "optimal-cookie-cutter-builds" exist? Absolutely, but those players that could not level-up high enough and could not find the items needed for "Cookie-Cutting", will still be able to play end-game-difficulty just fine even with "average" or "Random-Entry-Level" gear.

REMEMBER: D2 itemization just needs a silk-gloved light clean-up and then needs to be pushed to the next level in order to be OP-Crazy-Good and allow D4 to reclaim the Isometric ARPG Crown

Seriously. This. LISTEN to this blizzard.
    Thanks for bumping your own thread again after a month Top.