DIABLO IV - What Do We Expect?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 19 Next
They can do whatever they want. I'm not playing it.
"I expect nothing, and I'm still let down."
I think D4 needs to win back all lost Diablo fans that jumped ship when D3 launched.

D4 just has to return to Diablo's roots or the franchise will fully transform into crap-ware.

D3 is not a bad game on its own, but it is a terrible successor to D2-LOD and that's why D4 must ensure it is a true successor to D2LOD in many fundamental ways.

If they do this right, the future is amazing for the franchise, but if they do this wrong and create another simplified, console-gimped, and casual-aimed noob-fest again then it's the last nail on the coffin.
I have ZERO expectations.
Honestly, I know this is unpopular, but I’d take a Druid expansion to d3 and be happy
We expect EA level quality. Why the f do you idiots even think something else is going to happen?
11/20/2018 09:27 AMPosted by KushiSensei
So, basically D2 with better graphics and D3's combat.

gotcha.

also, this may come off as sarcastic but that's the vibe i'm getting from this post so i just wanted to say that there's no ill will towards you in this comment.

Dont know why u were downvoted, i feel like D2 with better graphics and D3's combat feel (not actual combat flow, which is a fast paced mess, but the satisfaction of pressing a button) sounds good.

Oh and no cooldowns. they are a poor design concept that clash with active skill power balance and i feel like investing in the skills should be what makes them powerful, cd's are artificially contrived to provide the appearance of alternative resource management when what they take away is more restrictive than what they add. You can continue with very simple skills that synergize optionally or come up with interesting active/passive skills that can be invested into like Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery, you dont NEED Mastery if u want some basic fodder, but def need it if u rely more on the skeletons for more than distractions...optional synergy.
12/02/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Gamagori
Honestly, I know this is unpopular, but I’d take a Druid expansion to d3 and be happy

as a D2 lover and D3 (i hate to say it but its true) disliker/hater, i WOULD make an exception for the druid because of 1 thing: Were-forms. FEW games in EXISTENCE do werewolves or wearbeasts well. They are always seen as enemies, but the games that let u play as them implement TERRIBLE designs that take away from the fun of playing the mythical Beast.

D2 did wereforms VERY well, my BIGGEST gripe with it however was a UI (User Interface) issue - it took me out of my immersion whenever id have glowing little balls floating around my wolf/bear indicating the combo points id accumulated. I wish there had been an alternative UI than visually something silly like that, but Blizz North had a hard on for combos at the time, and both the assassin & druid had little floating wisps or balls of light that looked immersion breakingly silly to me for me to REALLY get into my favorite RPG. the aesthetic of the werewolf in D2 was FANTASTIC though - elongated limbs, lanky body, loping around com with tail and wolverine like claws...it REALLY felt and looked like a wolf that had acquired man-like properties, rather than a man that looked like a wolf, and that eeriness of it was amazing

I would be interested to see what a D3 druid with multiple wereforms looked like. D3's abundant use of cd's would render it a hectic mess to play with as all the other classes are also hectic cd ridden messes, but i would be curious to see what it looked like animation wise and graphically.....and after seeing it, i would ask for D4 and move away from D3 forever hopefully.

I literally tried playing it again last couple weeks, barb & DH and made it t13-ish torment grifts with essentially newish characters (created but never played or geared for the DH and barb hadnt been touched since i finished inferno, and then malthael in RoS)....and i couldnt do it. I REALLY dislike how far D3 has strayed from D2. The itemization to keep things fresh really puts me off altogether, and i find myself wishing for skill trees and more D&D style character builds with passive and active skill progression not tied to loot in a dark atmospheric mature horror game. Sorry, i REALLY gave D3 another shot and no....RoS didnt "FIX" Diablo as some articles are saying the devs think....its just fixed "Diablo 3"....and i dont like Diablo 3 so fixing THAT very different game does not satisfy my decades long itch for a Diablo 2 sequel.
Please for the love of God, DO NOT make PVP based on skill. I seriously love grinding for mass paragon so I can own everybody, and I really want Bots to be owning all the casuals. I think it will be hilarious watching them whine and moan about it being unfair. But if they want to win in PVP they should grind for years on end like the few of us.
12/02/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Steve
Please for the love of God, DO NOT make PVP based on skill. I seriously love grinding for mass paragon so I can own everybody, and I really want Bots to be owning all the casuals. I think it will be hilarious watching them whine and moan about it being unfair. But if they want to win in PVP they should grind for years on end like the few of us.

I cant tell if this post is serious or not....its starts of comically asinine, but then im not so certain they're joking about driving a franchise into the ground for the satisfaction of seeing ppl upset...

Lets hope the playerbase has some brains and that there's better motivation to see game features other than intended griefing in an rpg game that has prioritized stellar single player experiences and then added on multiplayer, rather than building the game from the ground up as a multiplayer 1st game and balancing around that aspect. If D2 had been balanced around multiplayer, there would never have been trading cause that's what helped everyone finish/complete their runewords or sets or desired equipment slots because trading just speeds that up while keeping lesser drops relevant (and thankfully so) as opposed to D3 where targeting some items is atrociously tedious and there is no other recourse.

Pvp by pvp'rs who love the nature of pvp (to pit player skill against player skill) always want that heart of pvp to be about skill because that unpredictability in going up against another human player and adapting on the fly is what pvp is about in any game. Bots/Gear diminishing the affects of pvp is no different than pve in that ur either against an AI or against the game's systems (power increase based on artificially boosted stats as opposed to player choice in character design w/ pros/cons) and that defeats the purpose of even putting pvp in the game. Skill has to be the dominant and over-riding factor, it's fine to have gear affecting the character build, but pitting build against build or skill against skill (if the contenders have the same build) requires the player's choices (both before the game in build and during combat) mattering more than artificially boosted aspects that end up make pvp meaningless because skill doesnt matter when gear overrides it.

Think of it like deck building in hearthstone without the rng: you make a build (active/passive skills, attributes, build, gear) like a deck. Then u pit it against another build (or deck) and then your builds (decks) play their particular way, but the choices made in combat make it so that the outcome depends on ppl being skilled. As ppl learn and get better with their builds (decks), they improve and make different decisions in the same situations they've previously lost in and u end up with a new experience everytime leading to engaging and intense pvp. If artificial stats determine the winner before the start of a match...what's the point in playing? u end up with a dead game...
I bet ee will get mixed feelings about D4. Good graphics, good cinematics and story. AND microtransactions on apearance. Dont go mad about it just look at all rescent blizz games, micro hearthstone, micro owerwatch, micro heroes of the storm. Only wish i have about that game is not pay to win and thats all.
'DIABLO IV - WHAT DO WE EXPECT?'

Lol, a release date of 2026.........
12/03/2018 02:40 AMPosted by NightRaven

Playable in virtual reality mode!!! :)
12/03/2018 02:58 AMPosted by VENOM

Playable in virtual reality mode!!! :)
Lol, with mobile adaptability
Get over it, move on!!! They not making D4.
I expect it to be MMO lite with no single player option like Diablo Immortal is. Because I would hate that but it would allow them to use that patent they have to sell more microtransactions. The Kotaku article mentioned that the suits hate that there is no long-term monetization for Diablo so that is coming to all their projects now.
TopCommander:

You've taken the time to write a great feedback piece that most of use appreciate and enjoy. HOWEVER:

Blizzard has NEVER, EVER, indicated, in writing or forum wise, acknowledged ANY of our feedback. They never responded in any type of communication. In other words, the "feedback" or "listening" is all for show, THINK ABOUT: from immortal to D III, that's a span of SEVEN years, If they haven't "gotten it" in seven years, do you think they care about your little "feedback"? NONE. ZERO. STOP wasting your time and energy. THEY DON'T CARE. End of story. Just pick another ARPG. I, for one, have given up on Blizzard completely.

This. You know what's up.
12/03/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Futanari
TopCommander:

You've taken the time to write a great feedback piece that most of use appreciate and enjoy. HOWEVER:

Blizzard has NEVER, EVER, indicated, in writing or forum wise, acknowledged ANY of our feedback. They never responded in any type of communication. In other words, the "feedback" or "listening" is all for show, THINK ABOUT: from immortal to D III, that's a span of SEVEN years, If they haven't "gotten it" in seven years, do you think they care about your little "feedback"? NONE. ZERO. STOP wasting your time and energy. THEY DON'T CARE. End of story. Just pick another ARPG. I, for one, have given up on Blizzard completely.

I have played POE all the way into end-game, and I think its D3's biggest competitor, but I dont like any other ARPG as much as D2LOD. I personally think D2LOD is the epitome of the Diablo-Franchise, and I rightfully still expect a real successor to D2LOD. D3 failed catastrophically to be a successor to D2LOD, so there is new hope in me, D4 will redeem itself and rise from the ashes in order to reclaim the throne.

As for Diablo Immortal. IMO this was intended for the Chinese market and to make a lot of money. I personally don't care if they work with the Chinese to create a "Simple-Jack Diablo-Spin-Off" like Diablo Immortal for the Asian market.

All I care about is D4 and I expect a real successor to D2LOD, with more depth, content, and replayability than D2LOD has. I want to see if those people at Blizzard consist of real Diablo-Enthusiasts, that grew up with at least D2LOD, and actually love D2LOD the way it is. I want those people at Blizzard to stop trying to re-invent the wheel, and stick to Diablo's roots and repair the massive Damage D3 has done to the franchise.
Apart from obvious efforts to save the franchise by allowing D4 to return to it's roots, and bring a long awaited successor to D2-LOD, what would you guys like to see added to the winning D2LOD-Successor formula?

• Hub Towns where players can meet, chat, trade, pvp, group up etc?
  • Clan-Castles and Personal "Hideouts"?
  • Putting the breaks on over-the-top D3 style effects?
  • Unleashing 8 Player Groups?
  • Mobile-App that allows item-for-item trading of the items that you farmed last night, while you are in the washroom at work? (Getting excited to finally get home to take the newly traded item for a spin?)