My Fear: no replacement for rat runs

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
I have tested some set ups by myself, other set ups I discussed with mates of mine. But we struggle with finding any set up that can compete with 2-3 min ~107+ (season)/~112+(NS) rat runs. I hope we will find together either a set up that can compete with rat runs or create a topic that is big enough to show Blizzard how much we are done with rat runs. Because I think there is no one out in Sanktuario who wants to continue with rat runs again.

Please give only constructive feedback and let´s hope that Blizzard hears us.

Cheers from EU
maybe a Nerf to Rath Run. and ready :)
For sure nerfing rat runs would be the greatest thing. The easiest way here would probably be nerfing/ disabeling of the globe passive (Life from Death - Necromancer). With this you won´t interfere with any other necro gameplay except for rat runs. Furthermore I need to admit that the globe passive itself is ridiculous. It gives you the possibility to spawn more globes than any other globe spawn skill in the past and they all get nerfed for spawning to many globes...
I think wiz with 6Tal/ 4 Vyr can do that
6Tal/4vyr got a buff that quadruples the dmg thats it. 4 times more dmg is not enough to play 105s in 2-3 min. In the live Version you stay with this set up around 90 speeds.
It is sadly not enough.
Nerf ZNec and Rathmas are done.

Monk, Mage, Mage, DH looks like the next best Setup for Speeds.
And even when its 5 Tiers lower i will choose DH.
11/23/2018 01:25 AMPosted by Fetznfritz
Nerf ZNec and Rathmas are done.

Monk, Mage, Mage, DH looks like the next best Setup for Speeds.
And even when its 5 Tiers lower i will choose DH.

which set up you have in mind in detail?

supp monk?
Wiz which set up?
Dh multishot or impale?
There was a Gr100 in 3:30, Season on PTR with only Para ~700

1x Supp Monk
2x Rasha Mage
1x Impale DH
with the massive buff to inna's I bet there's a build that can do 100's really quick, maybe some exploding palm meta i donno.
reaper wraps need to be nerfed than rats are dead.
11/23/2018 01:28 PMPosted by COVEN33
reaper wraps need to be nerfed than rats are dead.

Please stop with nerfing. Reapers adds some possibilities with other builds other than necros. Also, solo play necros need those skills to drink up globes and they are not that OP. Just INCREASE the damage on other classes so they can compete. DH and Barb have been left out of the Damage roll group meta for a long long time. Buff them. Barb has some broken mechanics in certain sets but increase the damage and defense numbers. Multi Shot DH can have some trash clearing potential but base damage for multi shot needs increased along with set bonus..350% is too low. Needs to be higher.

Also, increase set defense numbers or defense numbers on the classes themselves.
To be honest, even if rat runs are still the most optimal farming method, if other groups can do even only 50% of its efficacy XP wise, it's not that bad at all.

Because XP is exponential, if you can get paragon 2000 in a season (119 trillion xp), you would have been only paragon 2580 with rats (238 trillion xp), or 2900 more main stat, which should be around ~10% more damage with good augments.
Difference being you will have played only your main, and should have much better gear (and be less bored too maybe).

From what I tested, it's possible at paragon 2k to farm 6-7mn 110's solo with the current iteration of Wizard Tal Rasha Meteor, and 4-5mn 105's with Monk Inna WoL (both sets could be nerfed tho), so in a good group with supports greatly buffing your movement speed, 3-4mn 110's will be very easily achievable. And because GR Keys are not popping out of nowhere we are looking at way over 50% of rat's efficacy (let's count 60s per GR key on average).

But then again, anything can change with further number tweaking.
The problem with alternative set ups is, if they do significant less xp you will always have trouble finding people who want to play with you, because the whole end game is paragon based (but thats another topic and shouldnt be discussed now). Indeed you can play solo the set up you want, but for me and probably many others is playing alone not that much fun (and also gives less xp because of the group buff).

On the subject nerfing:
Therefore my suggestion was nerfing/ disabeling the globe spawning passive (Life from Death - Necromancer) because in that way you probably only affect the rat run set up and more or less no other set up
Life from Death should give 1/4 the globes with 4 people, 1/3 the globes with 3 people and 1/2 the globes with 2 people - and NO nerf for solo!
sounds like a good implementation
https://youtu.be/opZmWBMwjTc

They do 4man 115s in 3-4 minutes. 2 charge barbs, one inna sup monk(if i am not mistaken) and impale dh as bk.

Looks cool!
this looks really exciting thanks for sharing the link.
2 meteor shower wiz 1 sader 1 zbarb. We were doing 120s in 3:30-5 mins probably can do 2-3 mins 110s in season with 2k para. I will stream some of it tomorrow.
11/24/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Achilles
2 meteor shower wiz 1 sader 1 zbarb. We were doing 120s in 3:30-5 mins probably can do 2-3 mins 110s in season with 2k para. I will stream some of it tomorrow.

You have 6,200 paragon though.....
Achilles, can you record and post a youtube link in here?