My Fear: no replacement for rat runs

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
11/24/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Achilles
2 meteor shower wiz 1 sader 1 zbarb. We were doing 120s in 3:30-5 mins probably can do 2-3 mins 110s in season with 2k para. I will stream some of it tomorrow.

What's the role of the sader in that group? Support?

Tal Rasha will be nerfed btw. No way this and Inna will stay this high.
11/24/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Klaxx
Achilles, can you record and post a youtube link in here?

sure.
2 meteor shower wiz 1 sader 1 zbarb. We were doing 120s in 3:30-5 mins probably can do 2-3 mins 110s in season with 2k para. I will stream some of it tomorrow.
Yeah I think 2-3min 110s equates faster exp than 3:30-5min 120s.

That's really the key to the efficiency of rat runs. Other comps can go higher, but not while maintaining consistent 2.5min clear times.
I personally don't like rat runs, I will do them because hell it's the only way to get paragons and compete. But I would rather there more options for 'rat runs' new group set up's using different classes. Or the best option to me is get rid of it. Pushing GR's solo and as a group should be more about have good gear for YOURSELF. Synergy within your set so that you can contribute to the party as more than just a support. It will open up more creativity to me and make it more fun to play, play with your mates and still be pushing and getting paragons like everyone else, instead of having to find specific groups.
I m pretty sure there are upcoming options, for now we already have it.

But we have to wait how this go live, Rasha get nerved probably...
The rathma two piece needs updated. Make it something so fun that it eliminates Rat Runs. I think the two piece should be mages gain all of the runes. Or when you're at ten mages they become one mage with bonuses. This could create some interesting rathma play. You could use the stand alone passive but have to make sure you stay at ten mages or you lose 90% damage reduction. The other option is to make other builds more fun. Inarious is boring for the most part. I think the Bone Ringer offhand should be updated to fix this. The Bone Ringer legendary is all about Command Skeletons but doesn't really amount to anything. I think the Bone Ringer legendary should be casting bone armor also cast Bone Armor on your skeletons. In the case of Inarious you would have your Bonenado and seven skeletons with Bonenado. Pair this with the jess bonus boosting skeletons damage by 400%. You get a big pack and send the skeletons to the middle with command skeleton. They would circle around the center killing everything. Inarious is no longer boring and people will be hunting for good bone ringers. You could fix Trangs with a legendary update. There are several trang items that are useless at the moment. Update the legendary to make new builds. How about a blood rush build. Trang gives you all of the blood rush runes but this can't really be used for dps. How about one of the useless trang items boost blood rush to be a viable dps option. Example: for every point of life gained by blood rushing through an enemy gain 1% damage to your next blood ability. So you blood rush everywhere like crazy then release it in an uber blood nova.

What's the synergy here? what build is the crusader?
I would also like to see the video of your set up achilles. The Dream would be a number of different set ups that are all more of less the same efficient (+|- 3 gr tiers or so). But probably that will stay a dream ^^
I doubt they will nerf anything. Its been shown already that other sets can get to aroundish the rat speeds.

The more problem at least with grouping is changing the mindset of people. Sure the other specs can now prob do them near the same speed but because of how "rat runs" were around and is widely known, not many people will actually switch since its not the "what is known formula" mindset.
11/27/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Dragonmaster
Its been shown already that other sets can get to aroundish the rat speeds.
Aroundish may not be good enough though. Why settle for 3.5trillion XP per hour when you could be getting 4 trillion?

What time zone you in and reliive time for stream? I would be interested in watching so twitch game play.
I like the shrine monk + impale dh setup for speeds. I'm hoping there's a lot of flexibility in the other 2 spots. Being able to add just about any other 2 trash killers would be a much more fun meta than rat runs.
11/24/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Klaxx
https://youtu.be/opZmWBMwjTc

They do 4man 115s in 3-4 minutes. 2 charge barbs, one inna sup monk(if i am not mistaken) and impale dh as bk.

Looks cool!

Have a look at their paragon levels! This isn't going to be a Rat replacement.
The advantage of Rats over most other builds is safety when it comes to HC. While others can get close to matching the speed they don't match the safety.
11/27/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Jamie
11/24/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Klaxx
https://youtu.be/opZmWBMwjTc

They do 4man 115s in 3-4 minutes. 2 charge barbs, one inna sup monk(if i am not mistaken) and impale dh as bk.

Looks cool!

Have a look at their paragon levels! This isn't going to be a Rat replacement.

On live those High Para Players go 112/113 Rathmas, so yes that is an Option.

btw, Setup is:
IK/Reakor Charg Barb as Trashkiller
Impale DH as Elite/Bosskiller
Supp Monk
Supp Barb
11/25/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Kani

What's the synergy here? what build is the crusader?

2 Tal Meteor shower builds with no teleport and black hole. 1 zbarb just like rat runs for movement speed IP and also pulling mobs in with WW cold rune. 1 Invoker sader primarily for laws of hope/Wings of angel to give the illusory buff to the group so they don't have to use telport and can utilize black hole and also is our elite/boss killer with a Bane of stricken.
I tried the charge barb Impale Dh set up today for a few runs. Of course our group coordination was not optimal, but i do not really see this set up beeing as fast as rat runs. I am just not completly convinced that it can compete. I hope I am wrong.

The Tal rasha set up sounds interesting. Sadly i couldnt test it by myself until now. Maybe we can get a video of it. Nevertheless it also seems to be slightly less efficient to me.

Dont get me wrong. I personally would play a set up that maybe is a bit weaker than rats in the end (just because i do not want to continue with rats). My problem is that probably the majority of players (in that space we are playing) will disrespect any other set up which is not the most efficient (#meta).