WD Zunimassa 3.6m 146% area GR102 is limit

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
This is a cross post, I accidently posted to eu forum at first.

WD Zunimassa 3.6m sheet 146% area DMG.

So far about GR102 is my limit, Other classes/builds are clearning 125 with comparable stats. I am thinking that either dont waste your time playing WD unless you plan to play Locust swarm build. Either that or play another class.

It has been soo long since zunimassa was worth playing(years), was hoping these balance changes would make it competitive and fun again!

The issue wasnt so much dieing, theres just not enough damage to be had. Maybe with a shorter cooldown on pirhanado or a larger splash from Gargs.... or just more damage. I don't really know, but currently it seems like zunimassa is a no go if you plan to really push it during the season and hang with the top dogs.

Prior to the Necromancer, Witchdoctor is all that I played, you can see as much from my total hours played as the witch doctor.

I hope some of this feedback is helpful, any questions feel free to ask.
The Problem is, your Gargs Deal all the DMG. So u need them in good positions.
Fetish are pretty much useless except for DR.
U must recast Gargs always on elite or trash Pulls but fetish blocking everything around. So its even more diffycult to get them in good positions.

Best is to play without Fetish, so go for HT Set...
That's why we are waiting for a carnevil zuni setup...
I agree with the Fetish only being for DR, and your saying the solution is to use HellTooth set instead. I am happy your in agreement that zunimassa is in pretty bad shape.

Maybe gargs should be able to walk right through the fetish as if they are not even there, I know they did this for players at one point, so that players were not blocking other players.
I've found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jczLIH7JHxw

So with the perfect rift, a GR 117 should be doable with 4k paragon.

Still underwhelming compared to other sets though...
This is why not everyone should be allowed to give feedback in PTR, i did 110 with zuni and i'm not a pro player
11/24/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Dead
This is why not everyone should be allowed to give feedback in PTR, i did 110 with zuni and i'm not a pro player

Everyone has different gear and para points, unless you are testing in seasons ptr. There everyone is pretty much the same. Much fairer comparison. You weren't , but maybe he was.
i did a grift 100 with lower stats earlier today on my zuni pet build

that said i agree that zuni needs a buff. the pet AI is a real problem to work around, and if you die, there's some major challenges with getting back to a full buff (namely, 15 fetish dmg reduce bonus + 10 stacks of soul harvest)
I cleared a 95 pretty easy with zunni. Try spirit barrage with Voo juicer and gazing demise. I cubed sacred harvester and didn't run tasker and theo. The gargs hit like a mack truck so 1 shot is usually enough to take most things out. The spectres from gazing demise count as pets, sooo. That was my brief attempt with the new buffs. Overall I agree that the set is still weak and it drives me crazy that 15,000 is not equal to or even close to 9000.
11/27/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Panzermaster
I cleared a 95 pretty easy with zunni. Try spirit barrage with Voo juicer and gazing demise. I cubed sacred harvester and didn't run tasker and theo. The gargs hit like a mack truck so 1 shot is usually enough to take most things out. The spectres from gazing demise count as pets, sooo. That was my brief attempt with the new buffs. Overall I agree that the set is still weak and it drives me crazy that 15,000 is not equal to or even close to 9000.

Spectre may count as a pet amd get the bonus from pet dmg items like the gem or Mask of Jeram but dont get buffed from Zuni 6p bonus. There was one a ptr where Z6+Phantasm worked and it was the most fun build ever <3 Also afaik phantasm dont trigger the Z6 bonus.

Besides that, clearing a 95 with paragon 2000 is just not relevant. If GR130+ is the balancing goal with high paragon and nearly perfect gear, GR95 is just lightyears away.
11/27/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Melancholy
11/27/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Panzermaster

Spectre may count as a pet amd get the bonus from pet dmg items like the gem or Mask of Jeram but dont get buffed from Zuni 6p bonus. There was one a ptr where Z6+Phantasm worked and it was the most fun build ever <3 Also afaik phantasm dont trigger the Z6 bonus.

Besides that, clearing a 95 with paragon 2000 is just not relevant. If GR130+ is the balancing goal with high paragon and nearly perfect gear, GR95 is just lightyears away.
It's in fact laughable how bad this is.