[LON buff] Move LON bonus to hellfire ring

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
I think the damage multipler on LON is already on par with other set, the problem of LON set is that it occupy too many ring slot.

Take necromancer for example Krysbin's Sentence is a must have for the class.
Barbarian and wizard also have similar problem with band of the might and Halo of Karini.
Witch doctor cannot use tall man finger and short man finger with LON.

That is why I suggest to move it to Hellfire ring, which will open up another ring slot.

Hellfire ring:
While there is no active set Bonus, all damage dealt is increased by 666% and damage taken is reduced by 6% for every Ancient Item they have equipped.

The number 666 also fit the theme of hellfire ring and make it feel awsome.

The LON set can be changed to support item proc effect, which is long forgotten by the community and the developer.

Legacy of Nightmares(2 set):
While there is no active set Bonus other then this set, Your item proc effect deal 10000% increased damage and proc on every attack.
Every time you deal damage with item proc effect, your armor and all resistance are increased by 5% for 8 seconds, effect stack multiple times with no cap
Do you guys still remember
Fulminator, Shard of Hate, Schaefer's Hammer and Thundergod's Vigor
Lighting god monk or lighting WW bar.

I think we can tune all proc effect so that all class can benefit from the new proc effect LON build.

This will reopen the possibility of new and exciting build.

Please hear us blizzard!!!
11/24/2018 08:56 PMPosted by XelNagaIvan
I think the damage multipler on LON is already on par with other set, the problem of LON set is that it occupy too many ring slot.
LoN is on par for some classes but for others like wizards it isn't even close to being on par. The problem isn't LoN, however, it's something more fundamental - class balance and power difference of the base skills. Not to mention available class specific, dedicated strong legendaries or the lack of those.

Now, don't get me wrong, I would love to see the LoN bonus moved to a single ring (and the Hellfire ring is also fine with me). As a wizard player however it would still be underperforming. Unless they find a way to balance LoN for the different classes, this bonus will either work well or suck hard. Now, if that single legendary you suggested had a class specific power (like Halcyon's Ascend) it would be different. Accordingly it could not be extracted to the cube, then. Now, that would be something.
Hellfire ring:
While there is no active set Bonus, all damage dealt is increased by 666% and damage taken is reduced by 6% for every Primal Ancient Item they have equipped.

This doesn't step on LoN, and fits the theme of primals. Won't be good on some classes, but that's not something you can fix with a single item.
LON should be an innate base for every class no set is required. "While you are wearing no set items you gain xxx% damage increase and x% damage reduction for every ancient item you are equipped with."[i][/i]
I like this idea a lot and I even suggested something very similar already multiple times in the past, but they have done nothing about this.

The effect also could be moved to a legendary gem. It could look like this:
  • If you have no set items equipped, increase your damage by x% +y% per level for every ancient item you have equipped
  • Level 25 Bonus: if you have no set items equipped, take x% reduced damage for every ancient item you have equipped
  • 11/28/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Lexa
    The problem isn't LoN, however, it's something more fundamental - class balance and power difference of the base skills. Not to mention available class specific, dedicated strong legendaries or the lack of those.

You are right, the fundamental problem why there is so little build diversity compared to what is theoretically possible is not because LoN isn't buffed enough, but something more fundamental.

However, I would say that this fundamental thing is not even the power difference of base skills. This issue absolutely exists and it contributes to a certain degree to the reason why it is basically impossible to balance LoN builds, but a more significant factor in this is that some skills have various legendaries that buff them, while other skills only have one or even non support legendary.

Furthermore, some legendaries buff a skill by only 150% or 400%, while other legendaries buff a skill by 800% or even 1200%. As long as there is such a huge power discrepancy between the legendary items, you would end up with some very few massively overpowered LoN builds if you would buff average LoN builds to the the powerlevel of 6piece sets.

but there is an even deeper issue than that, which is the idea of imposing playstyles on players via intentionally overpowered sets and balancing everything in the game including base skills and legendaries around these sets instead of balancing base skills and items and let player come up with their own builds.
    One of those changes would be good.